Author Topic: Bubba tells BLM how it is.  (Read 3324 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: Bubba tells BLM how it is.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »
More like it shows what can be done when Republicans have effective leadership in Congress. 

Criminal punishment hikes and "workfare" were signature Clinton intitiatives.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »
Not sure why they think storming political candidates will make more folks side with them. What I've been told in the past was it is intended to 'raise awareness' and 'force people to leave their comfort zone and confront the reality of the problem.' I don't think it does a great job of either. Personally, I'd raise money and votes. Then go after strict and achievable goals. Such as removing qualified immunity from folks that commit felonies on the govt payroll, or asking for standardized rules of engagement, or more judgment shoot training for police, etc.

This is what I plain do not understand about BLM, from a tactical standpoint.  You protest something specific.  A company or a candidate or a police department.  Usually you go stand outside their offices with signs about the issue or hold rallys.  BLM's tactics seem to consist of inconveniencing people as much as possible while shouting "Black Lives Matter." 

Showing up in someone's politically rally and actively disrupting it makes a tiny amount of sense if it's the other side.  But how does disrupting shopping at the Mall of America or, worse, running out in traffic on I-94 do anything but piss people off and make them LESS sympathetic to your cause?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 10:32:05 AM »
If you like the current crop of republicans other than trump you should.  Bill Clinton was far more effective at implementing their policies than any of them could hope to be.

Looks like Bill forgot his title of "first black president" was only honorary. Playing the sax on the Arsenio Hall show, and the overall attitude of "Hate the game, not the playah." etc. that went into the nominal black affinity for Bill Clinton only goes so far.

And yes, I absolutely agree that the mandatory federal drug sentencing, and things like charges based on the total weight of crack, vs. just it's cocaine content, against higher purity powder cocaine etc. that Clinton signed into law has done more to harm black people/black communities than the KKK could in their best wet dreams.

I definitely get the sense that BLM is more about maintaining the "churn" and stirring pots, promoting the grievance industry, and self-aggrandizement for it's leaders, rather than actual solutions. It's also a reflection of how poor/minority communities tend to have a worldview centered on "external causation", i.e.: "It's not my/our fault, bad stuff always be happening to me!" etc. vs. "internal causation" which is how middle and upper class majority communities view things.

And, once the current narrative is exhausted, I expect that BLM will switch over to "the police neglect our neighborhoods" soon enough.

That all said, I agree that the idea BLM is intentionally working to protect black criminals who primarily prey on black victims is one hell of a stretch.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
I caught a few minutes of Rush a little while ago.  He thought this goes back to a 1994 Violent Crime Bill that Clinton signed that provided additional funding for policing and prisons and prevention programs (midnight basketball for those that remember).  This was before Republicans controlled the House.  There was a lot of pressure "Do Something" about inner city crime and crack cocaine and such.  Rush figures these BLM protesters are the same people who were demanding anti-crime actions 20 years ago.  Clinton gave it to them and now they are complaining about the police actions.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »
Keep in mind a lot of BLM are not old enough to fit that theory.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 04:13:05 PM »
I think the lot of you give BLM much more credit than they deserve.

Grand plan? It's a bunch of SJWs throwing down hissy fits. I think the full extent of the "grand plan" is pretty much just "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!! GIMME GIMME STUFF!!!! BECAUSE LOOK AT ME!!!"
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »

Grand plan? It's a bunch of SJWs throwing down hissy fits. I think the full extent of the "grand plan" is pretty much just "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!! GIMME GIMME STUFF!!!! BECAUSE LOOK AT ME!!!"

I think there are plenty of both.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 07:07:33 PM »
This is what I plain do not understand about BLM, from a tactical standpoint.  You protest something specific.  A company or a candidate or a police department.  Usually you go stand outside their offices with signs about the issue or hold rallys.  BLM's tactics seem to consist of inconveniencing people as much as possible while shouting "Black Lives Matter." 

Showing up in someone's politically rally and actively disrupting it makes a tiny amount of sense if it's the other side.  But how does disrupting shopping at the Mall of America or, worse, running out in traffic on I-94 do anything but piss people off and make them LESS sympathetic to your cause?

the low-income black community, particular the elements that make up BLM, aren't exactly renowned for their common sense or decision making skills.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
Criminal punishment hikes and "workfare" were signature Clinton Gingrich initiatives.

FTFY....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »

IMO, it is a bunch of useful idiots being used to stir up controversy.  Being loud, belligerent, and fanatical are really poor ways to persuade. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2016, 06:53:54 AM »
Against standards of the board.  No nicknames.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.