Author Topic: Mitch McConnell offers to give Obama everything he wants, and...  (Read 6575 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mitch McConnell offers to give Obama everything he wants, and...
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
When you think about it, going over the fiscal cliff is a big win for Obama.  It provides answers to a leftist's prayers.  Major tax increases on everyone, not just "The Evil Richâ„¢", debilitating cuts to military funding, more government dependancy as a result of the almost inevitable recession.  Much blame to hand to the Republicans.  Wins all around.
It would not surprise me at all if Obama actually wants to go over the cliff.

Once again, RocketMan is spot on. The Left gets a big giant steaming heap of what they dream about, with none of the middle class backlash they would end up with in the next two and/or four year election when people see how they got screwed. In fact, the fiscal cliff may just guarantee Dems a House majority in two years (and Republicans caving on "tax the rich" will likely lose them the House as well). All blame falls to the Republicans, and the Dems look like heroes of the people because they were promoting their alternate strategy, ever-popular with the masses, of "tax the rich". You have to hand it to them -- they have out-maneuvered the Republicans at every turn.

The only hope the Republicans have for holding ground before the 2014 elections is if Obama et. al. do something incredibly, incredibly stupid, rash, or illegal. Something so bad that even the MSM can't cover it up or downplay it. After the Benghazi whitewash, I can't even fathom what that might be.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
Once again, RocketMan is spot on. The Left gets a big giant steaming heap of what they dream about, with none of the middle class backlash they would end up with in the next two and/or four year election when people see how they got screwed. In fact, the fiscal cliff may just guarantee Dems a House majority in two years (and Republicans caving on "tax the rich" will likely lose them the House as well). All blame falls to the Republicans, and the Dems look like heroes of the people because they were promoting their alternate strategy, ever-popular with the masses, of "tax the rich". You have to hand it to them -- they have out-maneuvered the Republicans at every turn.

The only hope the Republicans have for holding ground before the 2014 elections is if Obama et. al. do something incredibly, incredibly stupid, rash, or illegal. Something so bad that even the MSM can't cover it up or downplay it. After the Benghazi whitewash, I can't even fathom what that might be.

It's time for the Republicans to stop fighting. Tell the American people that apparently they want a deeper recession. Lay out the case that not only will Obama's plans not work, but will make it worse. And then say that since it seems most of the country wants it anyway, we won't stop him. Then bring up the bill in the house and EVERY Republican vote present.

It's the same principle in child raising: sometimes you have to give your child what he wants so he can find out just how stupid an idea it is.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
It's the same principle in child raising: sometimes you have to give your child what he wants so he can find out just how stupid an idea it is.

That is one view of the fiscal cliff.  The approach is of course that even if the child wants it you can't give it to them because it is a danger which they don't understand because ultimately you are responsible.  I think Obama will own whatever is decided on regardless of whether it is before or after Jan1.  After Jan 1, they will be known as the Obama tax cuts.  I believe Obama wants to realign tax collections at a higher rate and level to help pay for the social programs he promotes.  If the US goes past Jan. 1, then much higher rates go into affect and then he can reduce the rates in accordance with his social engineering beliefs.  The American people will be fed... we gave you a tax cut.  He did.  But taxes will still be higher than prior to Jan 1.   

Don't listen to Rush L much anymore, but he made a point about Senator Corker's proposal.  He said why would the Republicans think that they have more leverage or can get their budget cuts, entiltlement realignments, and so forth just because they agree to the tax issue now?  I agree with Rush.

The 0.9% ObamaCare tax kicks in in 2013.  There are also additional taxes that will be hidden related to medical care as I understand it.  There is also a $59 charge per employee for pre-existing conditions even if you or your company do not participate in ObamaCare.  If you are a big corporation, $59 is a lot of money when you apply that to many employees...  say Walmart.  The result... higher prices.  Many Walmart employees will have to work about a day just to pay this tax.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »
I agree with Senator Corker.  Let the House Dems write the bill, the House (and Senate) R's all vote "Present" and then the Dem's own everything that happens after that.  They avoid blame and can point out that they gave Obama everything he asked for.   No way the Nooz peoples can hold hold the R's responsible for the mess the economy is in.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
No way the Nooz peoples can hold hold the R's responsible for the mess the economy is in.

If we had an honest unbiased press we wouldn't be in this trouble.  I can not imagine any way the Republicans will not get the blame for anything bad that happens as long as the press is progressive.  The press now has the power to help Obama destroy this country and that is what they are doing.  I'd agree w/ letting the dems write the bill and then voting present but it won't matter ... the resulting negatives will still get hung on the Rs and any short term positive will be proof that Obama cares ...
 [barf]

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
If we had an honest unbiased press we wouldn't be in this trouble.  I can not imagine any way the Republicans will not get the blame for anything bad that happens as long as the press is progressive.  The press now has the power to help Obama destroy this country and that is what they are doing.  I'd agree w/ letting the dems write the bill and then voting present but it won't matter ... the resulting negatives will still get hung on the Rs and any short term positive will be proof that Obama cares ...
 [barf]

No disagreement.  The media bear major culpability.  But we will be culpable if we allow them to subvert this country without bringing them to account.  They do what they do because they believe they are invulnerable.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
I agree with Senator Corker.  Let the House Dems write the bill, the House (and Senate) R's all vote "Present" and then the Dem's own everything that happens after that.  They avoid blame and can point out that they gave Obama everything he asked for.   No way the Nooz peoples can hold hold the R's responsible for the mess the economy is in.

Even better, when the vote is called, the Republicans get up and leave the chambers....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
Even better, when the vote is called, the Republicans get up and leave the chambers....

Precisely.  Stop aiding and abetting and pretending it is cooperation, compromise, or bipartisanship.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
The Obama strategy can be summed up in one word: submit. Perhaps that word is familiar for other reasons.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.