Author Topic: African American National Anthem? High school pulls pledge... for this?  (Read 793 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/121203_12284.shtml

"My understanding is we had some calls from parents that students were being told that they had to stand and if they didn't stand for the Pledge of Allegiance, and I also believe they played the African American national anthem, then they were disciplined for that," explained Kanawha County Schools Superintendent Ron Duerring.

Really?

When do I get my own national anthem?  I am the smallest minority, after all. ;/  Let's just keep subdividing and subdividing.  Identity politics is the best politics for megastar politician fundraising campaigns, after all.

Here is this supposed "Negro National Anthem."  In the words of whomever posted this thing on Youtube, not mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyS3HPInHtI

Anyways, the whole story reads like a bucket o' stoopid, mixed up into a nasty old swirl.  I'm still not sure exactly what happened.  Just disgusted that we have racial national anthems, more than anything.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: African American National Anthem? High school pulls pledge... for this?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:25:08 PM »
Just disgusted that we have racial national anthems, more than anything.

We don't. I think it has been attributed to Abraham Lincoln, the adage that "You can call a dog's tail a leg, but in the end you still have a 4-legged dog with a tail." We have ONE national anthem: The Star Spangled Banner. Various minorities can call other compositions (or quasi-musical accidents) "national anthems" all they want -- they are not national anthems.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design