Author Topic: High School Choruses Not Diverse Enough For Atlanta Symphony  (Read 773 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
High School Choruses Not Diverse Enough For Atlanta Symphony
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
Atlanta Symphony Rejects Two High School Choruses Because They‘re Not ’Racially Diverse Enough’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/atlanta-symphony-rejects-two-high-school-choruses-because-theyre-not-racially-diverse-enough/

Two high school choruses will not be performing with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO) this year because they’re not “racially-diverse enough,” Fox News reports.

Apparently, it’s more important that you look like you just came from the set of Glee than it is to, you know, have actual talent.

“This year, the schools were informed by symphony officials that their choruses are not diverse enough, and that the symphony would be inviting a third, more diverse chorus [emphasis added],” said Cobb County Schools spokesman Jay Dillon.

"Harrison Bergeron to the white courtesy phone."

ASO's Musicians Give Big Finger to ASO Handicapper Generals

http://www.atlsymphonymusicians.com/1/post/2012/08/atlanta-symphony-musicians-offer-to-perform-for-free-with-choral-groups.html

ATL Symphony Musicians Offer to Perform for Free With Choral Groups

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Players’ Association has sat by in dismay for the past several days observing the ASO management’s disintegrating relations with Lassiter, Walton, and Grady High Schools, and the whole community.

As musicians who love to play with the talented choruses at these schools, we want to help resolve these ongoing issues.

To that end, the Musicians are making the following offer to Lassiter High School, Grady High School, and Walton High School: We, the ATL Symphony Musicians, will perform for free with the Lassiter, Walton, and Grady choral groups at their schools. Each school can use these performances as fundraisers and keep all of the proceeds for their benefit.

These good people are our children, our students, and our future colleagues and audiences. In short, the ATL Symphony Musicians are one community with them.

We look forward to these fun and exciting performances with some of the top student groups in America.

Huh.  Talented people want to associate with other talented people.  Who would have thought it?

We have a terribly un-diverse orchestra around here.  Most of them seem to be Russian expats who are freakishly talented.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: High School Choruses Not Diverse Enough For Atlanta Symphony
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
classy move from the musicians
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
and [censored] retarded move by the [censored] management.....  :facepalm:
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »
yea  they can go sit next to progressive insurance in the corner
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I