Author Topic: The war on Nipple rings....  (Read 6747 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: The war on Nipple rings....
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »
AFAIK, splitting doesn't render you sterile. It just looks really weird.

I had a young airman decide he wanted his Johnson split down the middle.  I reminded him that once he had that done, he would have to squat to pee for the rest of his life.   undecided
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 03:53:08 AM »
Sub-incision is the term. Very common in the old days amongst the stone age types. In some tribes it was required as a rite of passage into manhood, or some stage thereof. They would split the penis from the tip to the base on the underside and expose the nerves in that area. Supposedly it enhances sexual pleasure. It also served as a method of birth control although "experts" will tell you the stone age types did not make the connection between sex and having children. Yes, they were squatting to pee ever after, which was one reason the practice died out. In Australia the whites called the sub-incised native men "whistlers" and is thought to make reference to the old tin whistles they had back then. Funny though, I had a .45 round blow out the side of it's shell once and my friend said, "That's called a whistler." I didn't mention the connection to him.  grin

Other than that all I have to say is OWWWWIEEEEE!!!  shocked

laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:00 AM »
Oh, I forgot, seeing how they were stone age people, what do you think they might be using to perform the procedure?   undecided

280plus

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 04:10:24 AM »
Ritual scarring pic... kind of gnarly, not of privates.

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/3065353?partner=Google&epmid=1

Can't be a hit with the ladies without them.  laugh

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 04:45:25 AM »
Oh, I forgot, seeing how they were stone age people, what do you think they might be using to perform the procedure?   undecided

Knapped obsidian is sharper than the finest scalpel. The edge is nearly molecular.

Still insane to DO that, though.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 05:30:23 AM »
Nigel Barley's book (The Innocent Anthropologist) on the Dowayo of Cameroon had quite a detailed description of circumcision practice.

Not done when a child but rather a rite of adulthood. Doesn't just remove the foreskin, but rather all the skin.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

280plus

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 06:04:56 AM »
yea, they had all kinds of interesting ways of "skinning the mule".  grin

Most ALL of which I'd be wanting to avoid. laugh

Think of splitting a hot dog lengthwise like you do when you're going to cook it.  shocked

AFAIK, without going back and finding the info, sub incision was done later in the adult male's life as opposed to like 13-14 YO. Which leads some to believe it was somehow related to the idea of birth control. One practice amongst many Aussie tribes was that they would marry off the young women to the older men and the younger men off to the older women. One result is that the young women would not get pregnant because of the sub incision and neither would the old women because of the menopause thing, PLUS the elders each got a nice young mate (or several) to take care of them in their waning years. Once the younger ones got older and their respective spouses died off they were allowed to marry their own age and then produced children. Interesting setup if you think about it. Pretty sensible, but these were uncivilized savages, what did they know?  laugh

Yes, there were lots of incidents of youngers hooking up on the side. This was frowned upon by the elders and in many cases resulted in either the flight of the couple with warriors in pursuit or the deaths of the individuals outright before they had a chance to run.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 08:02:13 PM »
2 summers ago I bought an Aussie hunting boomerang & 2, 5 foot digeridoos at the Sydney airport and flew with them carry on from Australia to LA

In LA, the TSA screener had a cow

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 02:21:39 AM »
Wish I coulda seen that...  laugh

I need to get there some day. But I'd need a real good guide.  undecided

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 02:43:10 AM »
Wish I coulda seen that...  laugh

I need to get there some day. But I'd need a real good guide.  undecided
Good idea. Someone who knows how to avoid the drop bears laugh

280plus

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:36 AM »
It is often suggested that doing things like having forks in the hair or Vegemite or toothpaste spread behind the ears will deter the creatures.
See, not a problem...  laugh