Author Topic: The WaPo has an antigun sports writer, even. Wants to abolish 2A!  (Read 6405 times)

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: The WaPo has an antigun sports writer, even. Wants to abolish 2A!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 10:50:23 PM »
Hmmm.  Well.  Bummer.  I screwed up here.

I didn't express what I was thinking about sports writers.  I meant to say that more and more of them are stooges for the liberalMedia.  I don't know why I made a mental leap somewhere in the subconscious to assume they were metrosexuals.  And, I have no quarrel with metrosexuals, especially if they're gunnies !   :cool:

1) I hear sports casters making racist remarks, referring to people from the midwest or south as morons, rednecks, trailer trash, etc. 

2) I hear them criticizing athletes for being shooters or for owning guns.

3) I hear them terrified to suggest that certain black football coaches, with dismal records, be fired.  Rather than be called a racist, they blame the previous coach (previous as in four years previous) for not recruiting well, and they castigate radio callers who point out the obvious after inviting listeners to call in with their opinions.

4) They deride players on local pro teams if those players don't kiss up to the sports media.

Sorry about the way I originally expressed my disgust with sports casters. 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 12:42:53 AM »
If mocking metrosexuals is wrong, I so don't wanna be right...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »

I reserve the right to mock anything and anyone.

Thank you for listening, please return to your usual jeering.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 01:25:40 AM »

There are bigger fish to fry.  Choose your battles wisely.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
Any one else notice the entire society going this way?  Male role models in America used to be tough guys like loggers, miners, fire fighters, and iron workers.  Men that enjoyed a good steak and a cheap beer.  Male role models, even many sports figures, are pretty boy metrosexuals these days.  They prefer vegan dishes and mixed drinks.

I read an article a couple of years ago, I seem to recall it came from the LA Times by way of the Atlanta fish-wrapper, marveling that "successful" women were choosing to co-habit and even *gasp!* marry "traditional" males - men who make a living by building things (carpenters, ironworkers), making things work or fixing them when they don't (mechanics, electricians, plumbers) or saving lives (firemen). I got the impression the writer, one of those "successful" women herself, couldn't understand why these other "successful" women felt the need to marry beneath themselves.

I guess she never learned that just because a man works with his hands it doesn't mean he's a dummy.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 09:16:01 AM »
Hmmm.  Well.  Bummer.  I screwed up here.

I didn't express what I was thinking about sports writers.  I meant to say that more and more of them are stooges for the liberalMedia.  I don't know why I made a mental leap somewhere in the subconscious to assume they were metrosexuals.  And, I have no quarrel with metrosexuals, especially if they're gunnies !   :cool:

1) I hear sports casters making racist remarks, referring to people from the midwest or south as morons, rednecks, trailer trash, etc. 

2) I hear them criticizing athletes for being shooters or for owning guns.

3) I hear them terrified to suggest that certain black football coaches, with dismal records, be fired.  Rather than be called a racist, they blame the previous coach (previous as in four years previous) for not recruiting well, and they castigate radio callers who point out the obvious after inviting listeners to call in with their opinions.

4) They deride players on local pro teams if those players don't kiss up to the sports media.

Sorry about the way I originally expressed my disgust with sports casters. 

My dad told me he was watching one of the sports shows several years ago and was appalled to hear the all-black panel discuss and agree that Larry Bird wasn't really a great player, he was just a pretty good player who got a lot of press attention because he was white. The only thing I could think of to say was that maybe they oughta call up Earvin Johnson and ask him about that.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
There are bigger fish to fry.  Choose your battles wisely.

I think men obsessing over their appearance, getting mani-pedis and waxing and whatever-the-hell-else is an unacceptable trend. The feminization of men in Western society is a significant problem, and I refuse to just accept it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »
I think men obsessing over their appearance, getting mani-pedis and waxing and whatever-the-hell-else is an unacceptable trend. The feminization of men in Western society is a significant problem, and I refuse to just accept it.

There is now backlash advertising. The low saturation period photo look is awesome fun to do.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:27:32 PM by Manedwolf »

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »
I'm just a dumb and old Okie...  =D

What the hell is a MetroSexual? Is that code for emasculated/feminized American male or something?

Sounds like more fallout from the Politically Correct Speech revolution. (control what people say and you control what they thing and therefore how they act).
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

^That is a Metro-Sexual.^
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »
^^^^^^^^

So what you're saying is that Metro-Sexual is just a nice way of saying FAG?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 01:09:50 PM »
^^^^^^^^

So what you're saying is that Metro-Sexual is just a nice way of saying FAG?

No. They can be straight.

But they get pedicures and body waxing, and might cry after sex. They would not order black coffee, they would order a fat-free half-decaf soy latte, but only if it's organic. Chardonnay, with specifics of year and region rattled off from memory, never a whiskey straight up. They would rather buy a deconstructed suit (looks like one just rolled out of bed) than a power tool. If an accident happened, they would not rush in to help, but would be sure to capture it on their phone to post to their Facebook...they could get hurt otherwise! They would not carry a gun, but would probably scream like a schoolgirl if someone pulled one out, even if was in defense of them.

The closest historical approximation would be European fops of the 17th and 18th centuries.

It's not the sexual orientation, it's that one is supposed to be an oversensitive pansy instead of a man.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:21:49 PM by Manedwolf »

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

The closet [closest?] historical approximation would be European fops of the 17th and 18th centuries.

Spot on.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!