Author Topic: The Wheels Do Turn...  (Read 899 times)

SADShooter

• friend
The Wheels Do Turn...
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Ex-S-A-official-on-trial-for-throwing-16-000-4001532.php#ixzz2B5EFWnur

The defendant is accused of spending $16k of Federal (HUD) grant funds on a retirement party for the Director who appointed her as his successor in 2009. She and I started work in that office on the same day. After three years, I went on to less fraudulent, if not greener, pastures. The thought that she got caught and might actually do time warms my otherwise icy heart. >:D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: The Wheels Do Turn...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
“In hindsight, knowing that I would have to go through all this stuff, I wouldn't have done it,” Tinsley told the city investigator in an interview that was played for jurors. “At the time, I didn't think it was wrong because it's part of my administrative budget.”

Tinsley's intentions will be an important issue for jurors, the defense predicted.

“‘Inappropriate' is not the (legal) standard,” Norton said. “It can't be by mistake. If you don't have the guilty mind ... the person is not guilty.”

So, if she knew that people would pitch a fit she would not have done it, even though she did not and still does not see anything wrong with what she did?

And how do you not have mens rea when you have an ice sculpture and anything other than rubber chicken during the speeches?

We get new folks appointed to sit in the big chair of state agencies and they are lucky the newspaper (print and on-line) carry the story the same week.  She throws a quinciera when she takes over the job - I guess she really wanted to show them up front what a bang-up job she could do with spending other peoples' money.

Hope she is put in charge of the holiday decoration committe at the prison.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
“In hindsight, knowing that I would have to go through all this stuff, I wouldn't have done it,”

Translation: "If I'd known the fraud might be exposed, I would have been more careful in hiding it."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
"HUD never contested the way the money was spent, and neither should jurors, said defense attorney Jay Norton."

Wow.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »
The expenses were buried in a financial report that likely no one at HUD even reviewed. The case was opened based on a whistleblower's pushing it to the City's internal auditors.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
My late sister, God rest her, auditted local housing authorities.  4 out of 5 were crooked.  Yet, to her last day, she was still a nanny-state liberal.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.