Author Topic: Bloods vs Muslim Patrol  (Read 1649 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Bloods vs Muslim Patrol
« on: December 26, 2019, 10:49:38 AM »
Things are getting interesting in New York City.

There are Muslim "patrol" cars patrolling a section of the city that has several mosques.

One had a run in with a young man who purportedly disrespected a Muslim lady.

Turns out said young man is the son of a Bloods gang member.

Things are now getting dicey.

https://clarionproject.org/taqwa-mosque-member-beaten-by-bloods-retaliation/?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Bloods vs Muslim Patrol
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 10:52:56 AM »
I have read in the New York Times about similar patrols in certain areas of the Orthodox Jewish areas of the city.  So I think the Muslims are probably building on that tradition. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »
I have no use for Muslim "morality police" patrols, but if the Muslims want to take on the Bloods, my view is "Have at it, lads."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 11:18:53 AM »
I have no use for Muslim "morality police" patrols, but if the Muslims want to take on the Bloods, my view is "Have at it, lads."
Hmmm . . . I wonder if there's some way to not just encourage, but monetize the conflict, perhaps on Pay Per View?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 12:28:18 PM »
Things are getting interesting in New York City.

There are Muslim "patrol" cars patrolling a section of the city that has several mosques.

One had a run in with a young man who purportedly disrespected a Muslim lady.

Only Muslims are allowed to disrespect a Muslim Lady.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »
I wonder if this, community patrols, is how some of the no go zones in Europe started?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:42:18 PM »
I wonder if this, community patrols, is how some of the no go zones in Europe started?

yep.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 12:52:44 PM »
Only Muslims are allowed to disrespect a Muslim Lady.

Muslims do not disrespect their chattel. They educate them in the ways of the Prophet. But don't you be making fun of their chattel because that is an affront to their pride of ownership.

Bring your guns to Mosque, sounds like a good time for the police to be pulling illegal guns off of the street. ;)

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
I can see how someone - particularly someone from out of town - may confuse these two vehicles.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »
aholes colliding.  Just grab some popcorn.

From the article:

The conflict between the Bloods and Muslim Patrol erupted December 10 after a Muslim Patrol “officer” patrolling around the Taqwa mosque claimed he heard a boy, estimated to be about 16, say something “disrespectful” to a Muslim woman.

The Muslim Patrol member threw the teen against a fence at the Taqwa mosque and held him tightly around the neck while lecturing him, then let him go.

Honestly that'd piss me off pretty bad as well, were that my kid.  I think a *very* clear line would need to be drawn with the "patrol" about their ability to police non-muslims, and possible consequences of going outside their community with that policing.  But I'm at least semi-reasonable, and it seems like they picked a fight with someone that isn't semi reasonable.  Actions have consequences, and realistically, Muslims immigrants should know better than many in NYC what happens if you rough up a kid from the wrong faction. 

So while it sucks very much that an apparently uninvolved member of the mosque got beat up, this is two groups that openly embrace tribalism, being tribal.  I'm not going to fret too much about it.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
deleted

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »
I am reminded of two disparate things, or groups of things.

In the first group are the gun-owners who, we are told, were very much in the wrong for patrolling their neighborhoods: George Zimmerman and Michael Drejka.

In the second group, all by itself, is a Christian missionary who was warned by certain Muslim men that he was not welcome in certain Muslim-heavy parts of Detroit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »

In the second group, all by itself, is a Christian missionary who was warned by certain Muslim men that he was not welcome in certain Muslim-heavy parts of Detroit.

I guess they weren't members of the Islamic Ecumenism Patrol of Greater Detroit ...

So much for the "religion of peace."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
Do the Bloods have even the slightest idea who they're picking a fight with here?
I mean we're talking about people who seem to often have no problem keeping grudges going for a thousand or more years over the tiniest of slights. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 08:31:51 PM »
Do the Bloods have even the slightest idea who they're picking a fight with here?
I mean we're talking about people who seem to often have no problem keeping grudges going for a thousand or more years over the tiniest of slights. 

I'm not seeing the negative there.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2019, 08:43:00 PM »
I'm not seeing the negative there.

No negative meant

In fact

- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
Kind of ironic they took the beat up Muslim guy to a Jewish hospital.   :facepalm:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2019, 10:25:57 PM »
I can see how someone - particularly someone from out of town - may confuse these two vehicles.

I saw that also.  I am surprised NYPD isn't shutting that down.  I would have thought NYC of all places would have laws against mimicking police vehicles. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2019, 10:26:51 PM »
Also, I noticed all the talk asking members of that Mosque to arms themselves.  Do these people have carry permits?  Another item I would have thought would draw a response from the anti-gunners up there.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »
Diversity plus proximity equals (often violent) conflict.

Diversity is not a strength but an obstacle that requires extra work and resources to overcome.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.