Author Topic: Bill and Hill on the Outs  (Read 3861 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bill and Hill on the Outs
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
While it's a pretty gossipy story, I can actually believe it. Whatever else Bill Clinton is, he is an excellent political strategist who knows how to get people on his side. I can absolutely believe that he gave Hillary the advice (and more) mentioned in the article, and that she, delusional know it all that she is, told him to shut up.

And deep down, it has to be killing her to know that her "stupid old" husband was right and she was wrong. At this point, between this and everything she talks about, and everyone she blames, in her book, I truly believe she has diagnosable mental illness.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/13/bill-and-hillary-clinton-not-speaking-after-blow-up-over-memoir-author-says.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Bill and Hill on the Outs
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »
Bill Clinton was also supposedly a likeable guy which went a long way with some people.

Even with that, Clinton was well below 50% of the vote in his first win.  In his second, he was facing Bob Dole.  I think he was worse than John McCain as a candidate, but I am not sure about that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
Bill Clinton was also supposedly a likeable guy which went a long way with some people.

Even with that, Clinton was well below 50% of the vote in his first win.  In his second, he was facing Bob Dole.  I think he was worse than John McCain as a candidate, but I am not sure about that.

Yeah, I’ve often thought he was overrated at supposedly being such a stupendous politician (which is generally negative to me anyway). If Perot hadn’t been in those two races, I’m not sure he would have won. Escpecially the first one. Partially my fault. I voted Perot twice thinking we needed change from Dems and Republicans. That just wasn’t going to work as I can see now in hindsight and why I mostly stopped voting third party. I have major gripes with your standard Republican, but mostly I’d rather them than most Democrats.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »
If they turn against one another I wonder who has the upper hand with blackmail material.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »
Yeah, I’ve often thought he was overrated at supposedly being such a stupendous politician (which is generally negative to me anyway). If Perot hadn’t been in those two races, I’m not sure he would have won. Escpecially the first one. Partially my fault. I voted Perot twice thinking we needed change from Dems and Republicans. That just wasn’t going to work as I can see now in hindsight and why I mostly stopped voting third party. I have major gripes with your standard Republican, but mostly I’d rather them than most Democrats.

Having worked for Perot and having met him multiple times, we could have done a lot worse and did.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 07:11:51 PM »
I don't know if I would term Bush I as bad, but I am not sure what else to call it.  He was trying to run for reelection after betraying just about every Republican voter base that existed in his first term.  Who knew that he was becoming an example to future Republican Congressmen.  

I didn't really like what I saw of Perot at the time, but that would have been interesting.  The 90's would have been a lot different politically. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
If Perot would have picked a better running mate it might be a totally different world right now.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »
Bill Clinton is a sex offender with a weaponized psychopathic wife and Bush is a notorious politically-inclined crime dynasty.

What's there to dislike?  :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »
If Perot would have picked a better running mate it might be a totally different world right now.

A little hindsight..
If Perot had somehow managed to get elected the obstruction, pushback, sabotage and outright backstabbing Trump is getting from the "establishment" today would seem like actual cooperation compared to what he would have gotten.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 05:22:02 AM »

Never be ashamed of voting your conscious.   That's what's stuck us with the 2 party system to begin with...conscious shaming.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 05:58:47 AM »
Never be ashamed of voting your conscious.   That's what's stuck us with the 2 party system to begin with...conscious shaming.

This.

As to the Clinton breakup, I don’t think it will happen.  Hillary is completely tied to Bill.  Without Bill’s success, Hillary wouldn’t even exist on our radar.  Without Bill, Hillary is nothing.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »

Actually, it's the constitution of our government that stuck us with the 2-party system.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:50 AM »

Actually, it's the constitution of our government that stuck us with the 2-party system.

How so?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »
The answer is that the U.S. political system is set up for two major parties, because it awards seats in Congress and the presidency with a winner-take-all method. Candidates running for Congress need only to get a plurality of the vote to be elected. In 48 of 50 states, presidential candidates get all of a state’s electoral votes — the way in which presidents are elected, state by state — as long as they win a plurality of the vote in that state.

French sociologist Maurice Duverger theorized in the 1950s that this kind of setup leads to what is effectively a two-party system. “Duverger’s law” states that third parties can’t compete because there is no prize for winning, for example, 15 or even 25 percent of the vote. This leads voters to choose candidates who are most likely to win, and it leads the parties to try to broaden their appeal to half of the electorate — and ideally more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/27/why-are-there-only-two-parties-in-american-politics/?utm_term=.ac1a68fb94dd

Yeah, it's the Washington Post, but there are plenty of other places you can read about this. Our system just doesn't have a place for more than two parties. While it's true you'll be criticized or ridiculed for voting third party, (just like you'll be criticized or ridiculed for continuing to blindly vote for the one of the two big parties), that's not really why we have a two-party system.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:44:44 PM by fistful »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
How so?
I would say the all or nothing nature of our elections is a big reason.  That is from the President on down to the Congressmen.  Small minorities get very little without working with the majority (or a borderline minority party) in some way.   Interest groups get more power by working within one party or the other.  

As much as people complain about it, I would hate for us to go to a parliamentary system. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
This is the alternative, watch Trump burn down both parties, hopefully a better version arises from the ashes.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
If they turn against one another I wonder who has the upper hand with blackmail material.

Double suicides?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 01:53:53 PM »

He was very nice to me, so yeah, I'd agree with that statement. I also think he was good, not spectacular but good, president. As well as personally a scumbag. Carter, I generally hold as the best human being to become president since Eisenhower. But unlike Eisenhower, easily the best president of the last century, Cart was not a great president. Sadly the ability and personality are not linked.

He was always significantly more the people person than Hillary ever was. Now it's just getting ridiculous as she believes she paid her dues and believed the election should have been her coronation. Not understanding that a lot of folks voted their pocketbooks and their annoyances. A lot of people supported her, because of party affiliation or policies. But she didn't have the personality to engage people.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:06 PM »
Well, one theory I have heard circulating, that the REAL reason Bill was all for making Hillary "co-president", was that if she went to work every morning with him, he'd never have to kiss her goodbye...
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
He was very nice to me, so yeah, I'd agree with that statement. I also think he was good, not spectacular but good, president. As well as personally a scumbag. Carter, I generally hold as the best human being to become president since Eisenhower. But unlike Eisenhower, easily the best president of the last century, Cart was not a great president. Sadly the ability and personality are not linked.

He was always significantly more the people person than Hillary ever was. Now it's just getting ridiculous as she believes she paid her dues and believed the election should have been her coronation. Not understanding that a lot of folks voted their pocketbooks and their annoyances. A lot of people supported her, because of party affiliation or policies. But she didn't have the personality to engage people.

Clinton - I could never understand his appeal, but I do admit that he was a very good politician, with good political instincts. (I don't know if it was his folksy downhome manner, but most people seemed to like him.)  He understood what people were wanting this last election, and Hillary chose to ignore him, which is part of why she lost.

Carter - I can't think of a worse President.  And the Worst Ex-President.  He should have stayed in the Navy.  Now he should shut his anti-Semitic piehole and just build houses.

Eisenhower - Very, Very Good President.  I'd rate him as #3 for this past century.   However, Reagan ended the Cold war, so he gets props and the #2 slot.  #1 of course would be "Silent" Cal Coolidge. 

Well, one theory I have heard circulating, that the REAL reason Bill was all for making Hillary "co-president", was that if she went to work every morning with him, he'd never have to kiss her goodbye...

You are sooooo wrong.  It's probably true...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »
Having worked for Perot and having met him multiple times, we could have done a lot worse and did.

Chris

I don't like the first Bush, but I do know Perot was in favor of strict gun control, and medicare for all.  I would never support a candidate like him.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »
Looks like this will be volume 2 of "What Happened".

Russians?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/16/london-hillary-falling-down-hillary-clinton-falls-breaks-toe-on-stairs-during-london-book-tour/

“I tried to get up and it really hurt. I’ve broken my toe. I’ve received excellent care from your excellent health service.”

Oh, for crying out loud. That staircase was clearly not long enough.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »

Oh, for crying out loud. That staircase was clearly not long enough.

Dammit.

When it needs to be done right, they should send the team the Queen used to do in Diana.  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »
Looks like this will be volume 2 of "What Happened".

Russians?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/16/london-hillary-falling-down-hillary-clinton-falls-breaks-toe-on-stairs-during-london-book-tour/

Idiocy run amok in the voting population, unable to recognize the inherent superiority of Hillary to rule lead the nation.  Time to do away with the old fashioned idea of voting altogether and just establish a ruling family.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.