Author Topic: Gun Owners vs Non-Gun Owners in 2016 Election  (Read 972 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gun Owners vs Non-Gun Owners in 2016 Election
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
See the graphic a little ways down the article. Likely not a surprise given the two candidates, but I'm curious on the level they went before aggregation (Just state? /County? /What?). Also where they got the raw data. I likely wouldn't tell the NYT that I'm a gunowner if they tried to survey me.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/10/14/could-muslim-americans-use-islamophobia-to-change-gops-view-on-gun-control/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Gun Owners vs Non-Gun Owners in 2016 Election
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:33:35 AM »
. . .  I likely wouldn't tell the NYT that I'm a gunowner if they tried to survey me . . .
I wouldn't tell ANY survey that I'm a gun owner . . . or, for that matter, how many cars I own, my annual income, how many televisions are in my home, what time I'm usually not home, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:33 AM »
I also would never acknowledge to a pollster, or to anyone else other than a couple of close friends, that I am a gun owner. I don't think any statistics purporting to break down gun owners vs. non-gun owners can be trusted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:58 AM »
When I find out someone is trying to take my opinion for a poll I either hang up (if I answered the phone in the first place), I walk away, or if I'm feeling puckish, I give answers that are plausible but that serve only to skew their results.

F-U, MSNBC, WaPO, CBS, etc. polls.

It's people like I who caused you to predict the coronation of Queen Hil the First, Empress of America, and the lamentations of your pollsters are like yummy, yummy candy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:19 AM »
When the wife and I had a landline, we'd get pollsters from time to time. I actually tried to answer their questions a couple of times. I wouldn't mind telling them I'm a gun-owner. The problem is, the questions never stop. After a few minutes, I would just ran out of patience, and hang up. I don't know if they use partial responses, or not.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 10:20:29 AM »
Well-rehearsed and ready to go:

"Guns?  I don't have any guns.  What do I need a gun for?  This isn't the Wild West any more. I'll just give them what they want and they'll go away."

^ Well-rehearsed and ready to go.  <roll eyes.gif>
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
When the wife and I had a landline, we'd get pollsters from time to time. I actually tried to answer their questions a couple of times. I wouldn't mind telling them I'm a gun-owner. The problem is, the questions never stop. After a few minutes, I would just ran out of patience, and hang up. I don't know if they use partial responses, or not.

I got roped into that when I was in my early 20s. Local convenience store chain (Sheetz) wanted me to take a "quick" survey.

A quick survey to me is no more than 5 questions/5 minutes.

I answered 5 and said I had to go because I had stuff on the grill... NO! Please! Only a few more!

5 more questions -- I HAVE TO GO!

Wait, please! Only a few more!

I put the phone down on the desk, went out to the grill, flipped the chicken, went back in, and the person was still on the phone.

I thought I lost you there for a minute!

You did, I told you I had my dinner on the grill and I needed to tend to it.

Let me ask you those questions again!

No. *expletive deleted*ck off, I'm done with you. CLICK.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.