Author Topic: Tell me if I'm a off-base here.  (Read 1145 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Tell me if I'm a off-base here.
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
Trump obviously loves America in a a way that Obama or Hillary do not. He sees the good, and the potential of the country and it's citizens whereas those two (and Bernie and the rest of them) just do not. In fact they largely see America as a problem, many many problems, that have to be mitigated through any number of ways. Most of the ways, if not all, are destructive to the moral and economic fibre of this country.

They want to punish and shame the country while Trump, for all his faults, wants to uplift this country and have it ascend to a better place.

He fails to focus on these problems and he is not going to engage them. And that is what drives the vitriol that you see in articles, blog posts, and comments.

The left had eight years of neo-Maoist self-criticism sessions when Obama was in power and they were looking for more of that but Hillary lost and this new guy wont even pretend to feel guilty. He doesn't feel guilty about America in the slightest and that is incomprehensible to them.

They want to hate, they want to be righteously indignant and they want to live in a society that supports that but this new guy, (and his surprising number of supporters (they're everywhere!)) won't play that game.

He won't get down in the mud with them and commiserate with them on how bad America is, how bad Western values are, the damage that Christianity has wrought, the evil that is capitalism, the anachronism that is the two-parent family and so forth.

Those things were like drugs to them. Obama kept the drugs flowing and so would have HRC but Trump stopped that. And the fix they get from lefty politicians, opinion leaders and pundits just isn't the same. The dosage is so very weak compared to that which "The Leader of the Free World" hands out. The result is that the left has gone cold-turkey and they are suffering withdrawal symptoms. And there are no hugs coming! No soft and gentle words to drive away the fear of the night terrors.

That's why they are so desperate to impeach because otherwise it's going to be four to eight years of jittery shivering, night-sweats, headaches, inability to focus, irritability, and all manner of nervous tics.

They're already exhausted after nine months of this guy and are absolutely terrified of what three, maybe seven, more years will mean for them.

I mean personally, like in the effects on their mental and physical health. They are having an actual existential crisis and are worried that this Trump fellow might lead to their early deaths and that's why the articles, blogs, and comments have that tinge of panicky desperation you hear in 911 calls.

Am I off here?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:11:36 PM by Warren »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Tell me if I'm a off-base here.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:16:25 PM »
I think you need to switch to decaf.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 10:02:11 PM »
Am I off here?

No.  You're a little too close for anyone to admit.  The lefties' world view has been shaken. 

But there's more too it because the right wing establishment (neoconservatives) don't like him either.
"It's good, though..."

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »
Follow the money ....

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/08/15/there-are-trillions-of-dollars-at-stake/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/04/29/current-desperation-there-are-trillions-of-dollars-at-stake/

If a person spent about 2 minutes considering the fact that the Russians owned Clinton ( Uranium sale + contents of unsecure email server ) along w/ the fact that financial policy moves by Trump have hurt the Russians and were campaign promises that the Russians were aware of ( MAGA energy policy ) .... then they might begin to realize how ridiculous the idea of the Russian government helping Trump really is ....

[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »
But there's more too it because the right wing establishment (neoconservatives) don't like him either.

Because nobody can afford to own him.  Even with the Clintons' and Obamas' money, they could be convinced to keep quiet about the things they come across with a few "contributions."  Trump can afford anything he wants, for as long as he's likely to live, and he knows it, so he's basically impossible to bribe, and in a position where he will find out a lot of dirt they don't want getting out.

A fair amount of it could be destabilizing to some degree if it came out while he's in office, so they've got some time. If he's impeached, anything he says looks like just sour grapes.  The same, but to a lesser extent if he loses in 2020.  If he dies in office, Melania or one of the kids may inherit his diary, but the first person witness is gone.  If he either withdraws from the 2020 race or wins and survives until 2024, then he goes back to being a (more) impartial witness.  That likely scares the crap out of everybody in a position for him to discover the skeletons in their closet.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »
No.  You're a little too close for anyone to admit.  The lefties' world view has been shaken.

Ayup.  Very little in OP with which I disagree.

Ayup.  Because the rightie's world view has been shaken, too.

They have to learn new methods of politicking, which new wheels to grease, which group of ladies with their mascara running down their cheeks to ignore, which publications and pundits to openly laugh at...
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »
I know the GOP is stubbornly resistant to actually learning from their victories or defeats, but...

Given the cataclysmic proportions of 2016's election, I would be surprised if we don't see at least a portion of the younger GOP politicians adopt the same sort of brash, unapologetic style in their campaigns, and in their jobs. We'll see.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »
♦China is resisting the economics off President Trump with North Korea. ♦Russia is trying to resist the economics of Trump with Syria. ♦Mitch McConnell is resisting the economics of President Trump with antipathy and inaction.  ♦The Wall Street Journal is resisting the economics of Trump.  ♦Paul Ryan is resisting the economics of President Trump with budget delays and fiscal obfuscation.  ♦Professional corporate media, all sides, are desperately resisting the economics of Trump.  ♦The UniParty is resisting the economics of Trump.  ♦The swamp is resisting the economics of  President Trump.  ♦Adverse international interests are aligned to resist the economics of Trump. ♦CEO’s are resigning advisory boards because of the economics of Trump.  ♦Statues are being torn down to resist the economics of Trump.  ♦Millions of people are being manipulated specifically due to the economics of President Trump….

And remember, the economics of President Trump are YOUR economics.

America First” is for YOUR future, your families future, America’s future.

Not his, yours.

“It must be always be remembered; there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”

― Niccolò Machiavelli

There are a lot more sheep than free thinkers in the world today and the left is happy to exploit them ...  ;/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/16/president-trump-holds-cabinet-meeting-with-extensive-media-remarks/#more-139964
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »
I know the GOP is stubbornly resistant to actually learning from their victories or defeats, but...

Given the cataclysmic proportions of 2016's election, I would be surprised if we don't see at least a portion of the younger GOP politicians adopt the same sort of brash, unapologetic style in their campaigns, and in their jobs. We'll see.
I would have thought they would at least learn a little about dealing with the media, but I guess the old habit of trying make them like you is hard to break.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge