Author Topic: Dietz and Watson Turkey Pastrami...  (Read 1042 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Dietz and Watson Turkey Pastrami...
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »
Oh my God I've died and gone to heaven.

Absolutely incredible.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:58:39 PM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Oh my God I've died and gone to heaven.
Can't believe you actually made it there. Tongue

So it's good pastrami, eh?

Edit: Just looked them up. Their product isn't available in Wisconsin. Bummer.
Andy

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »
Next thing ya know, Mike will be extolling the virtues of turkey burger, then GardenBurger, and TofuBurger.  

Cosine, it's a slippery slope, this substitution stuff.  It began with school lunches and soyburgers.  From one Wisconsinite to another, how would you feel about turkey bratwurst? May as well be Soylent Green, in my book.  :/
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »
Quote from: Gewehr98
Next thing ya know, Mike will be extolling the virtues of turkey burger, then GardenBurger, and TofuBurger.  

Cosine, it's a slippery slope, this substitution stuff.  It began with school lunches and soyburgers.  From one Wisconsinite to another, how would you feel about turkey bratwurst? May as well be Soylent Green, in my book.  :/
Thanks for bringing back the (not) fond memories of the couple of years my mom bought things like soy hotdogs and tofu cheese and such. Yes, I'm usually not fond of substitutions. Funny you ask me about turkey bratwurst; I'm not especially fond of genuine bratwurst in the first place. On the other hand, I like turkey, and flavoring like pastrami can't be all that bad I would assume. Just to clear up any confusion, I won't eat a bratwurst that substitutes turkey for pork though. No thank you.

(What smilie would go well with this post? :/)
Andy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 08:09:24 PM »
I LIKE turkey, in all its varied and glorious forms.

Roast, ground, sausage, burgers, lunchmeat, bacon, and so forth.

I also like veggie burgers.

There's a reason my family roasts a 20 pound turkey a couple of times a year, and not just for Christmas and T-giving, either.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »
Nah, I'll force feed him some Nahunta dry sausage and put an end to that quickly.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »
"Nah, I'll force feed him some Nahunta dry sausage and put an end to that quickly."

If that were the case, I wouldn't have had 3 links of it for brunch this morning, fat boy.

Did I say anywhere in this message that I don't like Krusty Brand Pork Products (Now with extra salt!)?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »
Oh yeah, substitution, my rump.

There's always been more than one way to skin a cat and cook it up.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:03 AM »
In hindsight, several months later...

I've been eating a lot of turkey burger, turkey breast, turkey pastrami, turkey bacon, and (OMG!) turkey bratwurst.  

I've dropped over 20 pounds since I retired, thanks to the low-fat meat subtitution, eating whole-grain breads and pasta, and limiting myself to one Mountain Dew per day.

Still can't get GardenBurgers down my throat without a lot of cheese, tomato, and Miracle Whip.  Must be an acquired taste.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 03:11:59 PM »
Quote from: Gewehr98
Still can't get GardenBurgers down my throat without a lot of cheese, tomato, and Miracle Whip.  Must be an acquired taste.
Never put a GardenBurger down my throat, so I wouldn't know. Not that I plan to either, so I probably won't ever know. Wink
Andy