Author Topic: destroying park land regular Americans are too lazy to  (Read 10905 times)

HForrest

destroying park land regular Americans are too lazy to
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 09:59:41 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Simpler fix.

Chinese justice.

Execute growers, sellers, dealers, and users.
How is that simpler?

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »
Quote from: wingnutx
So if Joey Bagadonuts buys some rat poison at Ace Hardware and is dumb enough to eat it, they should jail the clerk who sold it to him?
Thanks a lot, wingnut, now I'm starving for a Homewrecker, and the nearest Moe's is 210 miles away. You suck.

Cheesy

~GnSx
Explanation: a Joey Bag Of Donuts is the standard burrito at Moe's Southwest Grill. A Homewrecker is a Joey Bag Of Donuts with some additional condiments.

And now back to your regularly scheduled dead horse.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 10:14:04 AM »
I am firmly in the legalize all drugs camp.
I could buy pot at 11 years old and I did.
I had to wait untill I was 18 to buy liquor...(it was 18 to drink when I was a kid).

Anyway, all the environazi's that think illegals are just here to work are dead wrong.
They're here to enrich the drug cartels.
Eli Lilly is a drug cartell too, but I trust them a little more then the illegal drug cartells.

Illegals are destroying the forest and are criminals to boot
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 10:14:28 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
So if Joey Bagadonuts buys some rat poison at Ace Hardware and is dumb enough to eat it, they should jail the clerk who sold it to him?
Yes.
Great. Personal responsibility is a drag anyway.

Let's prosecute gun manufacturers next.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 10:15:34 AM »
Quote from: GunnySkox
Thanks a lot, wingnut, now I'm starving for a Homewrecker, and the nearest Moe's is 210 miles away. You suck.
I don't know what that is, but I'll assume that it's delicious Smiley

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 10:19:22 AM »
Or, how about treat illegal drugs like the poison they are & sentence them accordingly....

If you use it & get caught, you get access to psychiatric treatment for self-harm/attempted suicide....

If you're caught giving it to others, you're charged with poisoning others (i.e. Aggravated Assault)....

If you're giving it to another person & that person dies, Murder Two....

Dealers have to serve time for each individual user....

Cartels considered threats to national security and "neutralized" like terrorist organizations....
I'm down with that too.  Just make sure you include those who manufacture, sell and consume ethyl alcohol and tobacco products.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »
Yes.
Why?  

Should we jail the FFL who sold the gun that was eventually used in a crime even though no wrongdoing on the part of the FFL can be shown (no straw purchase, no purchase by a felon, no indication gun was going to be used in a crime)?

Chris

HForrest

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »
Yes.
What are you smoking?

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
Oh, and if you sell me 30 gallons of water, and I go into a coma and die from an electrolyte imbalance the next day, you'd better watch your ass.

Don't forget that when you sell me all that butter and bacon and cheese, my horrendous eating habits might come back to haunt YOU.

~GnSx
"I'm gonna become a chain-smoking, alcoholic dopehead just to spite all the people who hate those things."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 10:36:07 AM »
Yes.
Democrat?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
Yes.
Why?  

Should we jail the FFL who sold the gun that was eventually used in a crime even though no wrongdoing on the part of the FFL can be shown (no straw purchase, no purchase by a felon, no indication gun was going to be used in a crime)?

Chris
How about the bartender who serves the customer "one for the road" and said customer goes off and kills someone in his car.  Who are they gonna come looking for?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
How about the bartender who serves the customer "one for the road" and said customer goes off and kills someone in his car.  Who are they gonna come looking for?
Preferably the limp-in-a-drunken-stupor but otherwise unharmed body of the smacktard who hopped behind the wheel while snockered (and, apparently, while drinking), which they will then toss off of a tall bridge.

~GnSx

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 10:48:07 AM »
All the land they mentioned in this piece with either State or National Parks, both of which forbid guns and dogs, the best two things you can take with you into the outdoors.  I say, leave 'em for the guerilla farmers, I'm not going there.

The worries about environmental damage are overblown.  If that is their definition, then all the farmland in the Central Valley is environmentally damaged.  Jeez.  Just take out the trash and the forest will be back in a few years.

And for the guy who said the Feds should sell National Forests because the Constitution doesn't authorize them to hold land, I say hey, where else can people who aren't great land owners go out and practice shooting in a more realistic environment than a controlled range?  The Feds'd be violating my 2nd Amendmend rights if they sold off the National Forests or BLM land!

I wonder if the fact that this stuff tends to occur on land where dogs and guns aren't allowed is coincidence or not.  I sometimes wonder if I might run into some of these guys while out in National Forest/BLM land one day.

Also, I don't know how common this is, but in rural areas of California, it isn't unusual for people to take time off from work in the fall to harvest weed.  I'm not talking about illegals, but more backwoods type people.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 10:49:45 AM »
Man, Home Depot is in big trouble. I buy heinously poisonous and/or flammable stuff from them all the time.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
Quote from: Creeping Incrementalism
And for the guy who said the Feds should sell National Forests because the Constitution doesn't authorize them to hold land, I say hey, where else can people who aren't great land owners go out and practice shooting in a more realistic environment than a controlled range?
...and where is it written that the FedGov is to SUPPLY you with such a place?  You SURE your handle is "Creeping IncrementalisM?  You get the irony?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »
Man, Home Depot is in big trouble. I buy heinously poisonous and/or flammable stuff from them all the time.
Really?  And what do you do with it?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006, 11:05:03 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
Yes.
Why?  

Chris
I don't think they should go after the bartender unless he KNEW the guy was going to get behind the wheel of a car.  If I were on *that* jury, I certainly wouldn't agree with conviction unless it were shown the bartender knew what the guy would do.  

You didn't answer my question though.  Why should the seller of a legal product be prosecuted for the illegal use of his product if he had no reason to suspect it would be misused?  You said in the first post that the clerk should be jailed.  Why?

Chris

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »
I paint, glue PCV pipe together, dye leather, do laundry, kill weeds & insects, and weld. Some of the worst poison goes in my radiator. Apparently it is tasty stuff, at least for dogs and cats.

If I am ever silly enough to poison myself with pvc-glue fumes or blind myself with Methyl-ethyl-ketone then I would hope that I am held responsible for my own actions, not the poor schlub who sold it to me.

I take tylenol, too. That stuff kills a lot more poeple than most people realize, and it's a nasty way to go.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 11:47:57 AM »
I paint, glue PCV pipe together, dye leather, do laundry, kill weeds & insects, and weld. Some of the worst poison goes in my radiator. Apparently it is tasty stuff, at least for dogs and cats.

If I am ever silly enough to poison myself with pvc-glue fumes or blind myself with Methyl-ethyl-ketone then I would hope that I am held responsible for my own actions, not the poor schlub who sold it to me.

I take tylenol, too. That stuff kills a lot more poeple than most people realize, and it's a nasty way to go.
OK, so there are legitimate constructive uses for these products, and reasonably the clerk/salesman can assume they are going to be used for those purposes, as they are about 99.9% of the time.
What are the legitimate constructive purposes of crack cocaine?

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006, 11:54:21 AM »
Is there a legitimate purpose for rat poison? You said you would hold the clerk responsible.

As for recreational drugs, they are just that. Many or most are bad news. I just think the WOD is worse.

I'd rather have pot grown on a farm and sold to adults in a store than grown in a booby-trapped national forest and funding gangsters. Same dynamic as the prohibition of alcohol. Alcohol causes harm to individuals and society, but prohibition had worse ones.

Full disclosure, I drink alcohol now and then and have smoked the reefer in my lifetime. I don't think I should be in prison for either.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »
OK, I retract that the clerk should be held responsible because he is selling a product that has a presumption of legitimate use.
Will you aknowledge then that there is a difference and that your comparison was misguided and absurd?

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 12:04:11 PM »
My initial question was in direct response to  to the 'selling poison' analogy posted by 'seeker_two', and thus was quite appropriate.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 12:05:24 PM »
My initial question was in direct response to  to the 'selling poison' analogy posted by 'seeker_two', and thus was quite appropriate.
I think I just demonstrated pretty conclusively the opposite.  If you want to go on thinking otherwise, you are entitled.  I wont interfere.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 12:13:28 PM »
Seeker-two made the comparison, so I posed the question. I did not make the analogy in the first place, and asked the question because I realize it is a bad analogy. Direct your concerns to him, please.

Trisha

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »
Both Stinson Beach and King's Canyon are beautiful places - but I believe the best and simplest change to help protect such places is to remove the restriction on firearms (CCW et al).  Doubtful to the extreme that it'll change, though. . .

(sigh)

I should see if the internet has any news similar for the Chico/Redding/Shasta area - pot farms used to be big there.

Land of the Lost, I fear.
and cello sonatas flow through the air. . .

"Diversity is our strength!"