Author Topic: The Seditious Dementia of Conspiracy Theories  (Read 11624 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
The Seditious Dementia of Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 06:37:16 AM »
This is always the issue with conspiracy theorists.  They posit that the government is too stupid to know that Saddam did not have WMD but clever enough to stage events and leave no evidence at all.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 06:49:59 AM »
2000 years of inventing secret plots by Jews has apparently left us with a cultural current that craves "behind the scenes" type scenarios.  Killing so many millions of innocent people apparently wasn't enough to finally get people to leave the Jews out of the secret plots, or even to recognize how dangerous it is to engage in Jewish conspiracy theorizing.

To all the Mossad/Bush conspiracy believers:

You can come up with as many "facts" as you want, as many "impossible coincidences" as you want, but you'll never convince me that a theory involving a secret Jewish plot to destroy the twin towers is anything other base anti-semitism.  Adding that you don't think Israel is populated by Jews and that most Jews are really "Khazars" or something else doesn't make it any less obvious that anti-semitism is the real motivation for these claims.

Especially given the special place that American Jews have in New York's history and culture, it's downright offensive and un-American to even hint that Jews had a part in this crime.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 07:44:49 AM »
A ganz plus one.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »
It's interesting that the word "conspiracy" has come to be used as a sort of pseudo adjective for anyone that disagrees with the party line.

Of course the events of 9/11 were the result of a conspiracy. Such an operation could not have come about without one. It is only a question of which conspiracy by whom.

The explanation issued by the leftists in Washington reads like a fairytale; complete with conveniently skipped evidence to the contrary - and "magic" turning the highly improbable into easy "reality".

Leftists are good at that kind of thing.

The Rabbi,

Instead of dodging - why not simply explain concerning these cheering "allies" we had watching and filming the events of 9/11?

This is just one gaping hole in the fairytale from Washington DC, but in order for any objectivity one much start with one subject, and see it to an actual conclusion. This is what should have been done by the so-called Independent Commission.

GoRon,

Funny, I am sure I saw the word "leftist" in there somewhere Wink

--------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »
LAK,
It is obvious.  Those Israelis were cheering the success of their operation.  They had been commanded by Mossad, which is controlled by the Pope, as mentioned, to blow up the WTC.  He wanted this done in order to discredit Muslims in general so Pres Bush would declare war on Iraq.  Of course there was no connection between Iraq and the 9/11 hijackers but they intuited that Bush would fall for it anyway.  They were hoping he would declare war on Saudi Arabia but since Bush is a tool of the Saudis that didnt happen.
Anyway, Karl Rove, who is secretly employed by Mossad as well, along with Israel's "Amen Corner" in Washington, persuaded Bush to engage in an unpopular war in Iraq in order to help Israel.  A majority of Congress went along with this since they are controlled by the Masons.  Rove wanted Bsush to finish with the lowest ratings of any president because Israel secreetly wanted a Democratic president they could control better.  Someone like Kerry, whose grandfather was Jewish after all.
Do you see?  It all makes sense.  Just connect the dots!

HForrest

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2006, 02:16:46 PM »
While the conspiracy theorist nutjobs are idiotic, loudmouthed morons, I'm not going to instantly believe what the government says either. I'll reserve judgement until I know all the facts, which probably will never happen. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other about 9/11.

Warbow

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »
Quote from: LAK
Ask Mr Goldberg who exactly were, and what happened to, the little group of five cheering Israelis in NY on September 11th, 2001 - people like Dominik Otto Suter and his "Urban Moving Systems" -  and he might suddenly find something else very pressing to find in one of his desk drawers.
Where can we see this video of the cheering Israelis?

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »
Quote from: Warbow
Quote from: LAK
Ask Mr Goldberg who exactly were, and what happened to, the little group of five cheering Israelis in NY on September 11th, 2001 - people like Dominik Otto Suter and his "Urban Moving Systems" -  and he might suddenly find something else very pressing to find in one of his desk drawers.
Where can we see this video of the cheering Israelis?
No place I can find.  It is archived along with the video of the cheering Muslim workers at a 7-11 or cheering workers at a Dunkin Donuts.  It is a myth, a figment of a virulent anti-semitic imagination.
I doubt there was such an incident.  I doubt there is anyone named "Dominick Otto Suter".  I doubt there is an "Urban Moving Systems."  There is no credible report of any of this outside of paranoid blogs and tinfoil hat bearing web sites.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 12:00:43 AM »
Right Wink  .................

Thursday, September 13, 2001 :

FRONT | IRELAND | SPORT | WORLD | BUSINESS | ENTERTAINMENT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspects `filmed New York atrocities'  

2:51:49 PM

There are reports five men suspected of being involved in the attack on the World Trade Centre set up cameras to record the atrocity.

The men set up cameras by the Hudson River and trained them on the twin towers.

The New York Times reports they congratulated each other when the crashes occurred.

The five are under investigation by police in Union City, New Jersey, but it is unclear if any of them are in custody.

The allegation came as police in New Jersey told the New York Times the hijackers who left from Newark airport on the flight which crashed in Pennsylvania had received aid from associates in the area.

The paper reported law officials said the team was "aided by confederates in Newark who were responsible for logistical support, including money, rental cars, credit cards and lodging".

And it emerged that FBI investigators believe each team of hijackers acted independently from each other but under orders from a supreme commander.

The conclusion was reached after evidence from the flights' passenger lists, payphone records, evidence taken from the rental car seized in Boston and the frantic phone calls made from the hijacked planes.

It was the commander who selected the flights to be hijacked and orchestrated the attacks to occur at about the same time.

But the man has not been publicly identified by investigators, the New York Times reports. His whereabouts are currently unknown.

http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/2001/09/13/story23625.asp

====================================

Monday, September 17, 2001 Elul 29, 5761 Israel Time: 00:01 (GMT+3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 17, 2001 Elul 29, 5761 Israel Time: 00:01 (GMT+3)

Ha'aretz
English edition

Five Israelis detained for "puzzling behavior" after WTC tragedy
By Yossi Melman

FIVE Israelis who had worked for a moving company based in New Jersey are being held in U.S. prisons for what the Federal Bureau of Investigation has described as "puzzling behavior" following the terror attack on the World Trade Center in New York last Tuesday. The five are expected to be deported sometime soon.

The families of the five, who asked that their names not be released, said that their sons had been questioned by the FBI for hours on end, had been kept in solitary confinement for three days, and had been humiliated, stripped of their clothes and blindfolded.

The mother of one of the young men explained the chain of events as she understands it to Ha'aretz:

She said that the five had worked for the company, which is owned by an Israeli, for between two months and two years. They had been arrested some four hours after the attack on the Twin Towers while filming the smoking skyline from the roof of their company's building, she said. It appears that they were spotted by one of the neighbors who called the police and the FBI.

The mother said that the families and friends of the five in Israel had known nothing of the men's whereabouts for a number of days.

"When they finally let my son make a phone call for the first time to a friend in the United States two days ago, he told him that he had been tortured by the FBI in a basement," the mother said. "He was stripped to his underwear; he was blindfolded and questioned for 14 hours. They thought that because he has citizenship of a European country as well as of Israel that he was working for the Mossad [Israel's secret service]."

Seven FBI agents later stormed the apartment of one of the Israelis, searched it and questioned his roommate. The Israeli owner of the company, who has U.S. citizenship, was also questioned. Both men were subsequently released.

The families here complained that the Israeli consulate in New York and the situation room set up by the Foreign Ministry there to locate missing Israelis had done nothing to help their sons. The Foreign Ministry told the families that the FBI had denied holding the five and that the consulate had chosen to believe the FBI, the mother said.

The five were transferred out of the FBI's facility on Saturday morning and are now being held in two prisons in New Jersey by the Immigration and Naturalization Services. They are charged with illegally residing in the United States and working there without permits.

The Foreign Ministry said in response that it had been informed by the consulate in New York that the FBI had arrested the five for "puzzling behavior." They are said to have had been caught videotaping the disaster and shouting in what was interpreted as cries of joy and mockery.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=75266&sw=mockery#top

[END]

.........There's two.

Let's hear all about them.

---------------------------------------------------

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 02:16:43 AM »
Neither one mentions anything about cheering.  The first one doesnt say anything about Israelis.  The reports are anonymous and unsubstantiated.  No one has been charged with anything.
I could go on and on about how this is hardly a "smoking gun" of Israeli involvement.  How many people filmed the event?  I'll bet lots.  There are reasonable interpretations of all these things, much more so than some devilish Israeli plot.
It is utter BS.  It exists only in the fetid minds of people who correspond to the description given at the opening post.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 03:17:46 AM »
From a purely scientific/structural point of view I WOULD be interested in understanding how and why #7 came down. But I'm smart enough to know it wasn't any coordinated demolition. Has anyone seen or heard anything on the specifics of this?

I'd say it just goes to show that ~1/3 of the population is pretty much mindless, I mean them tabloids just sell and sell, think about it.

oh, and +1 to what the Rabbi just said...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2006, 03:24:56 AM »
Can we arrange boxing matches between APS members?  Boy, that could be entertaining.  

"In this corner, weighing in at 199 pounds of conspiracy-squashing meshuga muscle, it's the Ragin' Rabbi!"

OK, that was lame.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 03:34:35 AM »
LOL...

Either that or we all go to the same online shoot 'em up game and duke it out there.

"That's it! Meet me over at Delta Force III with knives and pistols!!!

Cheesy

Ron

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 03:56:27 AM »
We view stories and reports through our own template or preconceived ideas.

To me the above is just unconfirmed reports and two stories that are unrelated to each other. To LAK they fit his preconceptions and are another brick in the conspiracy wall he is building.

The stories fit into a framework he already has developed.

To me they are thin gruel when it comes to any facts.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 04:17:52 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Can we arrange boxing matches between APS members?  Boy, that could be entertaining.  

"In this corner, weighing in at 199 pounds of conspiracy-squashing meshuga muscle, it's the Ragin' Rabbi!"

OK, that was lame.
I unfortunately weigh a good bit more than 199 Sad .

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:17 AM »
280plus:

Any of y'all civil engineers feel free to correct the following.

I recall, somewhere in the back of my brain, that some of the Manhattan shorelines are dredged up bits of river bottom used to make Manhattan Island bigger.  This technique has been in use a long time.

One downside to this technique is that the artifically built-up areas are much more prone to seismic damage.  For example, the more recent SanFran/Oakland earthquake was much less damaging to structures built on bedrock or ground NOT dedged up from bay/sea bottom.

The  reason is that the seismic waves are attenuated in natural, put there by Gawd, rock & soils.  when the wave hits the dredged up soils, the waves' amplitude goes nutso and shakes the bejeezus outta the soil & structures.

Usually, siesmic waves are no BFD in New York...unless a couple of hundred-story buildings happen to collapse across the street.

FWIW, I do not know if the Port Auth soils are former river bottom.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2006, 07:51:15 AM »
Thanx, fistful, but even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.  Smiley

jfruser, you're right about what would happen with shaking on mud fill, but I've no idea about the soil/rock of that part of Manhattan.

My problem with a lot of these conspiracies is that they assume way too much competence on the part of the conspirers, and that none of them ever engage in pillow talk or booze talk.  I'm just way too old to toss out my decades of watching people and learning what they do.

Digressing off toward the "one-world conspiracy" crowd, heck, many people have openly--for many decades--spoken in favor of some sort of centralized world government.  It can't work, of course; absent a China-style government, no government now is totally in control of its people, or actually functioning in any efficient manner.  One world?  Pipe dream.  How is it a conspiracy to talk openly about your ideas?  The Tri-Lats and the CFR even publish their ideas; you can get a copy of the monthly/quarterly stuff.  Go Google.

Wendell Wilkie didn't call for a world government in his "One World"; he wanted more international cooperation among all governments, in the view that "we're all in this together".

Bilderbergs, et al?  Hey, like-minded people of mutual interest gather together.  The Bildies are money people; Rotary and the Lions Club have a different focus.

Money people want to make more money, which is why there is no Grand Conspiracy to wreck the US economy, Ralph Nader to the contrary (from interview with the fat guy who has (had?) a radio show out of White City, Florida  "We The People" or something like that.).  We buy more Stuff than anybody else on the planet.  Sellers want customers with big billfolds, last time I went to a gunshow.

Shiny side out.

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2006, 07:57:18 AM »
Here's what wikpedia says about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center

Warbow

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2006, 11:17:18 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
Neither one mentions anything about cheering.  The first one doesnt say anything about Israelis.  The reports are anonymous and unsubstantiated.  No one has been charged with anything.
I could go on and on about how this is hardly a "smoking gun" of Israeli involvement.  How many people filmed the event?  I'll bet lots.  There are reasonable interpretations of all these things, much more so than some devilish Israeli plot.
It is utter BS.  It exists only in the fetid minds of people who correspond to the description given at the opening post.
+1

LAK

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 02:55:52 AM »
The Rabbi,

This was widely reported for a very short time; there are a great many articles that are no longer accessible as is the habit with much popular media.

To say that they are "anonymous" is a moot point; is the Ha'aretz in the habit of publishing articles out of thin air based on "nothing"? Interesting; you dismiss an article posted and retained to this day by the Ha'aretz. Would you be so dismissive if the article had made reference to some obscure neo nazi group - or dancing palestinians after an attack in Tel Aviv? I think not.

Popular media is full of anon-attributed stories when government agencies, the military etc is involved. I would hardly call the Ha'aretz a likely source - or vehicle - for some maliciously fabricated anti-Israeli propaganda.

You say there is nothing about "cheering", to quote verabatem from the Ha'aretz article:
They are said to have had been caught videotaping the disaster and shouting in what was interpreted as cries of joy and mockery
And what else could it have been interpreted as? Wailing? They were wailing? Were they perhaps jumping up and down .. with anguish?
On the day of the disaster, three of the five boys went up on the roof of the building where the company office is located," said Gordon. "I'm not sure if they saw the twin towers collapse, but, in any event, they photographed the ruins right afterwards. One of the neighbors who saw them called the police and claimed they were posing, dancing and laughing, against the background of the burning towers. The five denied dancing. I presume the neighbor was not near them and does not understand Hebrew. Furthermore, the neighbor complained that the cheerful gang on the roof spoke Arabic. As far as I understand it, that neighbor has had previous problems with the company, and she could have been waiting for an opportunity to avenge the owners.

"Anyhow, the three left the roof, took an Urban truck, and drove to a parking lot, located about a five-minute drive from the offices. They parked, stood on the roof of the truck to get a better view of the destroyed towers and took photographs. A woman who was in the building above the lot testified that she saw them smiling and exchanging high-fives. She and another neighbor called the police and reported on Middle-Eastern looking people dancing on the truck. They copied and reported the license plates.
http://www.gothamgazette.com/citizen/jan02/7.shtml
-----------

The White Van
Were Israelis Detained on Sept. 11 Spies?

June 21  Millions saw the horrific images of the World Trade Center attacks, and those who saw them won't forget them. But a New Jersey homemaker saw something that morning that prompted an investigation into five young Israelis and their possible connection to Israeli intelligence.

Maria, who asked us not to use her last name, had a view of the World Trade Center from her New Jersey apartment building. She remembers a neighbor calling her shortly after the first plane hit the towers.

She grabbed her binoculars and watched the destruction unfolding in lower Manhattan. But as she watched the disaster, something else caught her eye.

Maria says she saw three young men kneeling on the roof of a white van in the parking lot of her apartment building. "They seemed to be taking a movie," Maria said.

The men were taking video or photos of themselves with the World Trade Center burning in the background, she said. What struck Maria were the expressions on the men's faces. "They were like happy, you know & They didn't look shocked to me. I thought it was very strange," she said.

She found the behavior so suspicious that she wrote down the license plate number of the van and called the police. Before long, the FBI was also on the scene, and a statewide bulletin was issued on the van.

The plate number was traced to a van owned by a company called Urban Moving. Around 4 p.m. on Sept. 11, the van was spotted on a service road off Route 3, near New Jersey's Giants Stadium. A police officer pulled the van over, finding five men, between 22 and 27 years old, in the vehicle. The men were taken out of the van at gunpoint and handcuffed by police.

The arresting officers said they saw a lot that aroused their suspicion about the men. One of the passengers had $4,700 in cash hidden in his sock. Another was carrying two foreign passports. A box cutter was found in the van. But perhaps the biggest surprise for the officers came when the five men identified themselves as Israeli citizens.

We Are Not Your Problem

According to the police report, one of the passengers told the officers they had been on the West Side Highway in Manhattan "during the incident"  referring to the World Trade Center attack. The driver of the van, Sivan Kurzberg, told the officers, "We are Israeli. We are not your problem. Your problems are our problems. The Palestinians are the problem." The other passengers were his brother Paul Kurzberg, Yaron Shmuel, Oded Ellner and Omer Marmari.

When the men were transferred to jail, the case was transferred out of the FBI's Criminal Division, and into the bureau's Foreign Counterintelligence Section, which is responsible for espionage cases, ABCNEWS has learned.

One reason for the shift, sources told ABCNEWS, was that the FBI believed Urban Moving may have been providing cover for an Israeli intelligence operation.

After the five men were arrested, the FBI got a warrant and searched Urban Moving's Weehawken, N.J., offices.

The FBI searched Urban Moving's offices for several hours, removing boxes of documents and a dozen computer hard drives. The FBI also questioned Urban Moving's owner. His attorney insists that his client answered all of the FBI's questions. But when FBI agents tried to interview him again a few days later, he was gone.

Three months later 2020's cameras photographed the inside of Urban Moving, and it looked as if the business had been shut down in a big hurry. Cell phones were lying around; office phones were still connected; and the property of dozens of clients remained in the warehouse.

The owner had also cleared out of his New Jersey home, put it up for sale and returned with his family to Israel.

A Scary Situation

Steven Gordon, the attorney for the five Israeli detainees, acknowledged that his clients' actions on Sept. 11 would easily have aroused suspicions. "You got a group of guys that are taking pictures, on top of a roof, of the World Trade Center. They're speaking in a foreign language. They got two passports on 'em. One's got a wad of cash on him, and they got box cutters. Now that's a scary situation."

But Gordon insisted that his clients were just five young men who had come to America for a vacation, ended up working for a moving company, and were taking pictures of the event.

The five Israelis were held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, ostensibly for overstaying their tourist visas and working in the United States illegally. Two weeks after their arrest, an immigration judge ordered them to be deported. But sources told ABCNEWS that FBI and CIA officials in Washington put a hold on the case.

The five men were held in detention for more than two months. Some of them were placed in solitary confinement for 40 days, and some of them were given as many as seven lie-detector tests.

Plenty of Speculation

Since their arrest, plenty of speculation has swirled about the case, and what the five men were doing that morning. Eventually, The Forward, a respected Jewish newspaper in New York, reported the FBI concluded that two of the men were Israeli intelligence operatives.

Vince Cannistraro, a former chief of operations for counterterrorism with the CIA who is now a consultant for ABCNEWS, said federal authorities' interest in the case was heightened when some of the men's names were found in a search of a national intelligence database.

Israeli Intelligence Connection?

According to Cannistraro, many people in the U.S. intelligence community believed that some of the men arrested were working for Israeli intelligence. Cannistraro said there was speculation as to whether Urban Moving had been "set up or exploited for the purpose of launching an intelligence operation against radical Islamists in the area, particularly in the New Jersey-New York area."

Under this scenario, the alleged spying operation was not aimed against the United States, but at penetrating or monitoring radical fund-raising and support networks in Muslim communities like Paterson, N.J., which was one of the places where several of the hijackers lived in the months prior to Sept. 11.

For the FBI, deciphering the truth from the five Israelis proved to be difficult. One of them, Paul Kurzberg, refused to take a lie-detector test for 10 weeks  then failed it, according to his lawyer. Another of his lawyers told us Kurzberg had been reluctant to take the test because he had once worked for Israeli intelligence in another country.

Sources say the Israelis were targeting these fund-raising networks because they were thought to be channeling money to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, groups that are responsible for most of the suicide bombings in Israel. "[The] Israeli government has been very concerned about the activity of radical Islamic groups in the United States that could be a support apparatus to Hamas and Islamic Jihad," Cannistraro said.

The men denied that they had been working for Israeli intelligence out of the New Jersey moving company, and Ram Horvitz, their Israeli attorney, dismissed the allegations as "stupid and ridiculous."

Mark Regev, the spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington, goes even further, asserting the issue was never even discussed with U.S. officials.

"These five men were not involved in any intelligence operation in the United States, and the American intelligence authorities have never raised this issue with us," Regev said. "The story is simply false."

No Pre-Knowledge

Despite the denials, sources tell ABCNEWS there is still debate within the FBI over whether or not the young men were spies. Many U.S. government officials still believe that some of them were on a mission for Israeli intelligence. But the FBI told ABCNEWS, "To date, this investigation has not identified anybody who in this country had pre-knowledge of the events of 9/11."

Sources also said that even if the men were spies, there is no evidence to conclude they had advance knowledge of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11. The investigation, at the end of the day, after all the polygraphs, all of the field work, all the cross-checking, the intelligence work, concluded that they probably did not have advance knowledge of 9/11," Cannistraro noted.

As to what they were doing on the van, they say they read about the attack on the Internet, couldn't see it from their offices and went to the parking lot for a better view. But no one has been able to find a good explanation for why they may have been smiling with the towers of the World Trade Center burning in the background. Both the lawyers for the young men and the Israeli Embassy chalk it up to immature conduct.

According to ABCNEWS sources, Israeli and U.S. government officials worked out a deal  and after 71 days, the five Israelis were taken out of jail, put on a plane, and deported back home.

While the former detainees refused to answer ABCNEWS' questions about their detention and what they were doing on Sept. 11, several of the detainees discussed their experience in America on an Israeli talk show after their return home.

Said one of the men, denying that they were laughing or happy on the morning of Sept. 11, "The fact of the matter is we are coming from a country that experiences terror daily. Our purpose was to document the event."

ABCNEWS' Chris Isham, John Miller, Glenn Silber and Chris Vlasto contributed to this report. Copyright © 2002 ABCNEWS
http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/dailynews/2020_whitevan_020621.html

--------------------------------------------------

LAK

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »
In reply to the pathethic attempts to imply that anyone who questions the real bs and waffle televised during the "Independent Commission" proceedings, and their "Report" somehow deserves some perverse title or popular derogatory label; anyone who was attempting to stir interest in what was happening in Tuskegee in the late 1960s would be as a "holocaust denier".

The same people that uncovered the true conspirators behind the bombing of the King David Hotel in Cairo would be "holocaust deniers". Likewise anyone who drew attention to information pointing to what was eventually uncovered to be known as the Lavon Affair, would be a "holcaust denier".

"Holocaust denier" is thrown around these days like spittle at anyone who isn't prostrate at the feet of the swill passing as "truth" coming out of Washington these days. It is a silly attempt at distraction - intimidation - and offensive to people who have relatives who did die during that time, and family like my father and grandparents, who were forced to leave Germany in the late 1930s when the climate became too dangerous for them.

Why don't you peddle your intimidation and nonsense elsewhere. If you want to debate and discuss facts; that is the purpose here right?

Governments have killed people - often their own people - and others often in history. Let's not fall into some fantasy that there is some arbitrary ceiling on numbers when it comes to murder by State. Nor that somehow everyone born on U.S. soil or arrives here to climb the government ladder aquires some magic gene that somehow makes them a higher species than any of histories most notorius and brutal mass muderers.

--------------------------------------

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2006, 04:36:20 AM »
Good to see we're all keeping up the Bush-supporting group-think.  Remember that the President is in New York, today, so you can properly orient your genuflection during today's prayers.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2006, 04:51:31 AM »
Id suggest going back and reading the Haaretz article, which reports things quite differently from what is being suggested.
As for Palestinians jumping up and down celebrating, this was videotaped and photgraphed.  The Israelis were doing something "that was interpreted" as rejoicing.  Interpreted by whom?  Doesnt say.  What were they rejoicing over?  Doesnt say.  What was their connection at all?  Doesnt say.
All we know is that their families were complaining they were being held without explanation or charge.  That is all the article says.
Invoking Tuskegee is worthless.  The fact that one time somewhere maybe there was subterfuge does not mean every act by the gov't is subterfuge.  And in any case, the truth about Tuskegee came out because, tada, people do talk.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2006, 05:42:20 AM »
LAK:

I can still access video and images of Palestinians jumping & cheering the WTC collapse.  Why should I not be able to do the same for the Jewish version?  

Also, the reason we knew they were Palestinians cheering was the location of those taking the video and, in some cases, those doing the cheering letting slip (AKA, "shouting") their identity.  Just how would one tell a jumping Jew from a jumping Gentile, anyways, in NYC?

So, who is suppressing the video evidence of jumping & cheering Jews?  What are their resources?  

Linking to a few print articles that only vaguely support your assertions (if viewed sideways and effort is made to read in meaning) does not evidence make.  

I provide analysis for my company and our customers and am required to back up my analysis.  When I do so, I provide input data, algorithms, (to include verification & validation of the data & algoritms), limitations, assumptions, and methodologies by which I came to my conclusions.  

So, when I see the fevered writings of the tinfoil beret brigade and they can only produce what you have produced, I am less than impressed with the power of the argument.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Warbow

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:08 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Good to see we're all keeping up the Bush-supporting group-think.  Remember that the President is in New York, today, so you can properly orient your genuflection during today's prayers.
Where is the groupthink? Can you point it out?