Author Topic: Senate set to consider fence bill  (Read 9493 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Senate set to consider fence bill
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
Your knowledge of statistics matches your knowledge of the Israeli economy, which matches your overall knowledge of economics, which matches your ability to comprehend the argument.
Extrapolating from one public city hospital is no way to make an argument.  What percentage of indigent people are illegals in Dallas?  I don't know.  Is it 70%?  Is it 80%?
Benefits of employing illegal labor are widespread.  Producers have lower costs and offer lower prices to consumers.  What is the alternative?  Outsourcing to China?
On taxes, even the article you cite repeatedly offered no source for its assertions.  Even it said states that rely on sales taxes (like TX and TN) would see little benefit to making illegals legal since the illegals already pay sales tax.
In any case, against anonymous reports in the Dallas Morning News Here  are 500 economists, among them Nobel Prize winners, making the economic case for immigration as an overall benefit.

The same argument as made above about the hospitals holds true of prisons.  What percentage of prisoners come from similar but legal socio-economic backgrounds?  27%, 50%, 80%?  I don't know.  But you can't compare illegal immigrants to college-educated engineers to make any valid point in statistics.

You continually confuse points on the right of free movement of labor and capital.  As I wrote:
There is a big difference between having rules and having an abstract goal.  No one will argue that the country should be completely without taxes.  We all argue (on this site anyway) that taxes are generally too high and need to be less.
Is that not clear enough?  There are general principles and there are policy decisions that might be impinged by something else.  The Israeli situation is unique in the sense that they have a hostile population on their border with demonstrated interest in terrorist acts.  When Mexicans commit terrorist acts here come talk to me.

On this one:
Quote from: jfruser
Uh, The North Koreans are also Korean ethnically and speak the language of South Korea.  You also make the mistake of saying "any citizen."  Are not the hordes of Nork infantry also "any citizen of N.Korea?"  Strangely, they are denied entry to S Korea.  S Korea seems to only let in North Koreans on S Korea's terms.  As is the right of any free, sovereign state.
I wonder whether you and Cannoneer are not the same entity.
Do you recognize that there is a difference between an army bent on destruction and individuals bent on self-betterment?  Canoneer seems unable to distinguish between someone looking for a job and someone intent on robbing him.  I hope he doesn't CCW that way or he'll be spending a long time at public expense.  On your view gun ownership ought to be illegal since every gun crime was committed by a gun owner.

Similarly this:
Also, the same fellow has often made the argument that the only rights we have as Americans are those that are masticated on and spit up by the political process now lets slip a rallying cry for basic human rights outside the purview of the political process.  For some, non-American people, that is.
Do you not recognize the difference between a right and something moral?  If the U.S. forbids printiing anything without prior censorship we will no longer have the right of freedom of the press.  That does not make the action moral however.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »
I wonder whether you and Cannoneer are not the same entity.
Nope, we are not but seem to be in a nice agreement here.

Do you recognize that there is a difference between an army bent on destruction and individuals bent on self-betterment?
Individuals bent on self-betterment come to a new country to blend in, assimilate, go native. Invaders come to get what they want without assimilation. So, yes, there is a difference, but you seem to misconstrue the phenomenon we observe on our southern border.

In addition, another historical group was all about peace, unity, and individual self-betterment. The Nazis.

Canoneer seems unable to distinguish between someone looking for a job and someone intent on robbing him.
If all they look for is a job, then they should abstain from use of any public services. But, they don't and they won't, because they quickly get instructed by the previous wave and by resident leftists about how to work the system in their best interests, at my expense.

Putting the minutia aside, the historical parallels are unambiguous and powerful. My grim retribution would be to see leftist/liberals dragged by their hairs out of their upscale homes and killed in their front yard by the very "huddled masses" they so eagerly invite. I'd laugh so hard I'd dislocate my jaw. Come to think of it, I am already laughing...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »
That's pretty sick, CAnnoneer.  At least you are sincere in your Darwinism.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 06:51:37 PM »
TR:

If you want to compete on the intellectual playing field you'll have to whip your lazy, flabby arguments into some sort of order and stiffen them up with a healthy dose of fact.  Assertion, snark, and ad homenim are weak tea.

If you want to control for particular variables, feel free.  I can't do all your work for you.  The burden is on you as the proponent of breaking the law, basic morality, and generally despoiling your neighbors.  Do some work, bucko, 'cause you can't beat something with nothing and nothing is all you have presented.

If you don't want your blanket statements blown out of the water by google-able fact, give a little thought before you mash "Submit."  Oh, and remembering that what you argued previously in the thread (and past threads) might help to keep your arguments consistent and less prone to being sunk by your own words.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »
Quote from: fistful
That's pretty sick, CAnnoneer.  At least you are sincere in your Darwinism.
They who do not learn from history, are bound to be crushed by it.
They who move against nature, ultimately move against themselves.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »
So you want to relive the French Revolution?  Sounds great.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2006, 02:39:36 AM »
TR:

If you want to compete on the intellectual playing field you'll have to whip your lazy, flabby arguments into some sort of order and stiffen them up with a healthy dose of fact.  Assertion, snark, and ad homenim are weak tea.

If you want to control for particular variables, feel free.  I can't do all your work for you.  The burden is on you as the proponent of breaking the law, basic morality, and generally despoiling your neighbors.  Do some work, bucko, 'cause you can't beat something with nothing and nothing is all you have presented.

If you don't want your blanket statements blown out of the water by google-able fact, give a little thought before you mash "Submit."  Oh, and remembering that what you argued previously in the thread (and past threads) might help to keep your arguments consistent and less prone to being sunk by your own words.
Translation: I don;t know enough to respond to your criticisms.
Thanks for playing.  I'm sure we'll replay this again next time.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »
Quote from: fistful
So you want to relive the French Revolution?  Sounds great.
On the contrary. I most certainly do not. But, I see the grim irony in that modern liberals/leftists/'humanists" are so devoid of common sense, wisdom, or historical perspective that they desperately push for changes that will ultimately destroy them (alas, the rest of us as well).

Kind of like the French intelligentia spearheading the French Revolution in 1789 and being wiped out by it, because some of them happened to be aristocrats while others got carried away (e.g. in the Rule of Terror and subsequent reprisals).

Kind of like the Russian intelligentia spearheading anarchism and communism, as well as the February and October Revolutions in 1917, only to be deemed "reactionary" and wiped out by the mob rule they brought about in the name of "international brotherhood, equality, and communism".

The modern silly banter of liberals/leftists/"humanists" is on the same level as Marrie Antoanette's famour remark:"If they have no bread, they should eat pastries!"

We even have equally demented and nasty reincarnations of M.A. - Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi - as well as a bunch of dumbass courtier girlie-men clowns like Arlen Specter, Bill Frist, McKaine, Kerry. U-boat Kennedy and Iron Box Feinstein would be the modern Lafayettes if they were about five times smarter and more honorable. We even have a modern Marat - that dirtbag Guttierez in U of Texas and his Aztlan wetdream neverland. The circus is complete and the curtain is already up...

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2006, 04:21:35 PM »
Are we certain "The Rabbi" and "Shootingstudent" from THR are not the same entity?

They certainly seem to have gone to the same school of debate.