Author Topic: So, now he's the devil.  (Read 1073 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So, now he's the devil.
« on: September 22, 2006, 05:01:20 AM »
Am I the only who's not in the least outraged by the comments of Hugo Chavez?  He has made a fool of himself before the world and I find it hilarious.  Now he may be a very dangerous fellow, but not when he's venting his inanities before the worthless debating club in New York City or the "church" that was despicable enough to invite this crackpot dictator into their pulpit to preach his sublime wisdom.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

So, now he's the devil.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 06:48:44 AM »
I honestly didn't hear about his comments.  But here is what a quick google search found me, only 1 hour old.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=ahO5SVKqILcQ&refer=latin_america
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Venezuela Says Police Cut Off Chavez Speech, N.Y. Post Reports

By David Papadopoulos

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Venezuelan officials said the New York Police Department cut off the satellite feed of a speech President Hugo Chavez gave yesterday at a church in the city, the New York Post reported.

New York police stopped the feed, which was broadcasting in Venezuela Chavez's address to the Mount Olivet Church in Harlem, as a way to retaliate for remarks Chavez made about U.S. President George W. Bush in the United Nations the day before, said William Lara, Chavez's chief spokesman, according to the paper.

Chavez called Bush the ``devil'' in his UN speech and referred to him as an ``alcoholic'' and a ``sick man'' in his Harlem speech yesterday, the New York Post reported.

A spokesman for the New York Police Department said police officers didn't cut off the satellite feed, the Post reported. The spokesman said officers cordoned off the area around the satellite equipment so that people wouldn't be exposed to its harmful radio waves, the paper said.

To contact the reporter on this story: David Papadopoulos in New York at papadopoulos@bloomberg.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rather don't like the way that the police cutting off the feed is presented as fact and that there is dispute over that fact is only introduced at the end.  Pretty much on bar for our beloved national media tho.

308win

So, now he's the devil.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »
The UN seems hellbent on providing a forum for every crackpot who feels the need. I think it and we might be better off if the UN was moved lock, stock and barrel to the Hague. It is the highest form of irony that he rails about his version of the great satan and feels safe, comfortable, and entitled to do so here. I can only imagine what would happen if an American citizen were to get access to a forum to address the Venezuelan citizenry in Venezuela and make the same form of speech about Chavez.

So, now he's the devil.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:24:17 AM »
Quote from: 308win
I can only imagine what would happen if an American citizen were to get access to a forum to address the Venezuelan citizenry in Venezuela and make the same form of speech about Chavez.
They would be pissed, maybe even riot. You see, Chavez is actually quite popular among his people. Bush doesnt have this problem. A fair portion of our nation was nodding right along with Chaves.

So, now he's the devil.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 09:39:52 AM »
I just watched his UN speech.  The guy is apparently a Noam Chomsky book salesman.  It is actually hilarious.  The translator was unable to keep a straight face, listening to her voice she is barely able to keep from laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c5PPIEziA

Belly laugh, till you recall this is a world leader, not a comedian.  

Best viewed with drink in hand.