Author Topic: (SHTF) Pledge to Mexican flag featured at Texas school  (Read 1255 times)

Desertdog

• friends
(SHTF) Pledge to Mexican flag featured at Texas school
« on: September 22, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
Pledge to Mexican flag featured at Texas school
Principal says he was pursuing 'diversity,' but wouldn't do it again
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52088

The principal of an elementary school instructed his students to stand during the recitation of a pledge to the Mexican flag during a diversity assembly recently, and he's been trying to backtrack ever since.

"We absolutely refuse to stand up and pledge allegiance to another country's flag," a mother whose daughter attends the school told talk show host Chris Baker on AM 740 KTRH radio. "Where is the sensitivity to the country and to the troops and the men and women that have fought and died for this country?"

The mother, identified only as Amy, said school officials gave all the children Mexican flags to wave and then asked everyone to stand up and pledge allegiance to the Mexican flag.

"Get out!" Baker shouted. "What school is that?"

It was Velasco Elementary in Clute, Texas, where Sam Williams is principal.

Stuart Dornburg is a spokesman for the Brazosport Independent School District which includes Velasco, and he said Sept. 15 through Oct. 15 is a national Hispanic Heritage Month and the assembly was a cultural education activity in a district that values and respects diversity.

But Amy said she got "glares" when she didn't participate and when she "proudly" put the Mexican flag on the ground.

She said her husband was in Vietnam for three tours of duty, and she has a son in the war now.

"Arrest that man immediately. Bring him to me," Baker said.

In a report in The Facts, Williams said the response to his action was "overwhelming."

"It's been a real trying ordeal and all I can say is I deeply apologize if anyone was offended by it  and I can see that they are," the principal said

He said the situation should have been done differently. "There's no way that we would repeat it," he told the news group.

Officials say there are 635 students from preschool age to fourth grade in Velasco, and about two-thirds are Hispanic.

"We have stated in our mission statement that we are a campus that is a beacon of hope for a culturally diverse population, Williams said.

The assembly was held Sept. 16, a day on which Mexico celebrates its independence from Spain.

Baker said the recitation was especially offensive since the U.S. is in the middle of a serious dispute over illegal immigration and the huge ramifications the nation faces from not having a secured border with Mexico.

"To blow it off as quote-unquote 'historical teaching methods' either shows complete arrogance or a lack of the ability to grasp the seriousness of the illegal immigration issue to Americans," told his listeners.

On a weblog, a fan identified as El Jefe Maximo said, "What's needed is a dose of nationalism, with a pinch of religion, and I'd throw in a dash of evil old imperialism as well."

Papa Ray told the same blog, "Homeschooling is looking more and more attractive to me for my Sweet Sarah."

Williams was upset that parents took their complaints to the radio waves.

"I would have graciously visited with that parent and explained on-site what the intent was," he said.

"I really don't understand why President Bush is so gung ho on giving these people 'a pathway to citizenship.' I would like to see them given a pathway back to Mexico after they help to build the wall," said Starblazer.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »
Ok.  I swear my blood pressure went up 20 points when I read this story.  

First, what the $_#@&( was this principal thinking?  Diversity MY ass!   It's just one more step in the indoctrination of children to think that being an American is a "bad thing".

If I recall, swearing allegiance to another nation is one of the things that can cause someone to lose their citizenship? (Need to look that one up with the State Department website)

Second, this "principal" needs to be summarily fired.  Maybe he can go find a job in Mexico leading their pledge of allegiance.  But DO NOT leave him in charge of students.  He is obviously lacking in judgement skills necessary to be a principal.

I'm sorry if I get a little hot blooded about this.  Maybe it's my latin temperament.

See, I was born in Brazil.  And I'm as proud as anyone of my heritage.  But you know what?   I'm an AMERICAN.  I swore an oath when I became a citizen of this country.  And even though I was young, I damn well meant it.  I don't have a Brazilian flag on my car.  I don't sing the Brazilian national anthem.  And I don't swear allegiance to the Brazilian flag.  I'm all for people entering this country legally.  But when they become citizens of THIS country, there's only ONE flag that they should be swearing allegiance to.  And that's the Stars and Stripes.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
Isn't that old news?  Didn't this happen a year ago?

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
no apparently it happened about a week ago...........
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:41:52 PM »
Funny, seems the phone number to the school's been shut down.
Also seems some guy called the school district and offered Principal Sam Williams an all-expenses-paid one way ticket to Mexico.  

Go figure...

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »
Isn't that old news?  Didn't this happen a year ago?
Pledge to Mexican flag featured at Texas school
Principal says he was pursuing 'diversity,' but wouldn't do it again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 22, 2006

I may have happened a year ago at some othe school, but I doubt it happened before at this school.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 04:03:02 PM »
Liberals exposed: diversity is actually anti-nationalism and internationalism by whatever means necessary.

This dirtbag Williams should be tarred and feathered, after which, arrested, tried, and executed for high treason.

We cannot survive as a nation unless we remember that high treason is still a crime.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »
I'd say pledging to another nation flag constitutes renouncing your US citizenship and activly seeking that nations.

Kick him out let him live in Mexico, see how much deversity he can find.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 03:20:05 PM »
Thoughts:

1. Aren't all public officials in America pledged to serve the Constitution, 'so help me God' and all? Shouldn't this be awfully illegal?

2. Aren't school boards in America elected and rather powerful?

3. This strikes me as another reason to rip any children you might have out of the public education system.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner