Author Topic: Shameless Plug For A Pleasant Distraction In B'ham, AL  (Read 1183 times)

BaxterGriffin

Shameless Plug For A Pleasant Distraction In B'ham, AL
« on: September 23, 2006, 04:48:07 AM »
If ever in the Birmingham area, check out The Comedy Club At The Stardome's Murder-Mystery Dinner Theatre.  Shows are usually scheduled the first weekend of each month, but call the club at 205-444-0008 or check their website at www.stardome.com for confirmation...or, heck, ask me about it b/c I'm often in the shows!

The Friday show is "Mystery At The Redneck-Italian Wedding"...the title alone should forewarn you that if there's a comedic stereotype to be played to here, the cast will see to it that it is played to in the extreme!  Country-girl Ashley Sneed is set to be wed to mafiosi-type tough-guy Vinnie Caparelli...toss them in along with their assorted in-laws and out-laws and watch the fun!

The Saturday show is "Mystery At The Nightmare High School Reunion," where yet again all your favorite personality types re-convene at your 20th high school reunion...the nerd, the prom queen, the funny-guy...all of them and more are there!

The shows are very interactive, so get ready to laugh, dance, and possibly even become part of the show!  

As an added bonus, if I'm in the "cop" role for either show, you'll even get to see an AirSoft SiG P226 hahaha...

Doors to the show open at 7pm.  The dinner buffet begins at 7:15, "table-talk" with the characters kicks-off at 7:20, and the shows formally begin at 8pm.  Tickets include the show, an all-you-can-eat dinner buffet, breadsticks, and unlimited soft drinks.  Appetizers and other drinks are extra.  The shows are usually over by no later than 9:30pm.

The Vaudeville Cafe' in Chattanooga (I think I've got that location correct?!) got The Comedy Club started with their mystery-dinner-theatre program a couple of years ago, so you TN folks might have seen how funny these shows can be!
"Go ahead...make my chili."