Author Topic: Chevron Techron  (Read 883 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Chevron Techron
« on: July 15, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »
For the longest time I've bought cheap fuel injector cleaner to add to my fuel tank about every 3000 or so miles. Well - a while back someone here made the comment that Chevron Techron was the only one that really worked.

I'm here to say thankyou. The best mileage I ever got out of my Camaro in the last 5 years or so (it's 10 years old) was 20 in town 22 highway. One CT treatment and a month later and I'm getting 27 HW and 23 in town. In this day of $2.70/gal gas that indeed makes a real difference.

Thanks!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Chevron Techron
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 12:46:25 PM »
Glad you had good results. Since we've had to go to 10% vodkagas here I've been stuffing a bottle of that or STP in every couple of tanks in the old truck (pre-smog 2bbl bigblock)

I've had my best results with the occasional bottle of RXP (www.rxp.com) however.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Chevron Techron
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:10:45 PM »
That stuff is great- every spring I run a bit thru my Kawi- cleans out those small pilot jets and makes a huge difference in running.

Parker Dean

• friend
Chevron Techron
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 08:31:30 PM »
Some years ago I attended a training class where it was stated that Techron was the only one that worked, had some proof that I've long since forgotten, and added that it was the only one that didn't affect pump socks. Apparently some other FI cleaners can damage the sock and result in restricted fuel into the fuel pump.

Azrael256

• friend
Chevron Techron
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »
+1 on Techron.  I buy Chevron fuel every chance I get for the techron additive.  I'm a real fan of the stuff.  My car runs smoother after about half a tank of it.  I guess I should just buy some techron to treat my fuel when I can't stop at a Chevron.