Author Topic: Cop shoots dog after its restrainted  (Read 7005 times)

taurusowner

Re: Cop shoots dog after its restrainted
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
and mommy and daddy were always "my dog would never do that!" then you find out you're the 5th boarding facility

I've encountered that attitude before.  I used to deliver pizzas, and I got A LOT of "Oh he's just being friendly" accompanied by laughter as dogs jumped, pawed, growled, and barked at me.  Got bit once, before I carried though.  That dog ended up getting smacked by a Maglite.  I was 18 at the time and didn't know shiat about lawsuits or anything so nothing came of it except a ruined shirt.  I've noticed the cuter the owner thinks the behavior is, the more dangerous the dog really is.  And I've learned the hard way to call bullshiat any time an owner tells me their dog would NEVER do anything dangerous or disruptive.  Dog owners tend to be like the parents of spoiled children: everyone else sees their bad behavior but them.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
i'm usually pretty good with dogs  had to be to last at the kennel and with some of the strays and fosters.   and even a small dog is a threat to children.  i've also suffered very poorly the experience that dog advice is sometimes like child rearing advice   the unsolicited stuff's quality and frequency is inversely proportional to the experience.  and more and more i see the wrong folks with the larger aggressive dogs.  so unfair to the animals since they ultimately pay for their caretakers inadequacy's. often as in this case with their life . i don't think that a stupid dog owner should be executed instead of their mutt but i would be not at all adverse to a shot to the foot for first offense and a knee for a second
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
I have observed the same thing Ragnar.  A small mixed breed dog got a face full of Vibram boot sole from me a last week while I was out on a walk.  Its owners came up and started yelling at me for kicking their dog stating he would never hurt anyone.  Silent, showing teeth, and close enough for me to kick while off leash I interpret as "I am going to bite you" in dog body language.  The boot to the head changed its mind.  That dog danged near got shot...  If he had been bigger he would have.

• friends
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »
i really love my oldest dog. but off her leash her getting shot is my fault. i have lost sleep over her but i couldn't fault someone who felt they had to protect themselves.  shes a lover and sleeps with my kids but riled shes a force of nature and could be dangerous. i would 't take the shooter to dinner but nor would i try to burn his house down.  mostly i would feel i had failed abysmally as her caretaker. of course i'm not mr mays and any of my friends that played stupid youtube games would get a foot up theitr tail.  i had to put my first dog down with a 22 and it was one of those moments where i had to be more man than i really was. but was able to for her sake
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
Ahem.  Cop shoots dog?  That's not news.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
calling the owner to deal with it... or animal control.

the owner has a history of being worthless  and not everywhere has real animal control   some places the cops are it. in our area animal control is a part of the sheriffs dept

taurusowner

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:52:56 PM »
calling the owner to deal with it... or animal control.

the owner has a history of being worthless  and not everywhere has real animal control   some places the cops are it. in our area animal control is a part of the sheriffs dept

What's your email address?  I guess the memos aren't getting through to you.  Cops are always wrong.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »
Dog shoots cop.  That would be news.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 11:09:30 PM »
Around here if a dog growls at the deputy, the deputy just runs away.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 12:15:32 AM »
Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit irresponsible to fire a handgun while holding onto a dog via a catcher pole in a populated area?  If you really can't control that dog you shouldn't be trying to shoot at it while practically attached to it.  God knows where she might jerk your aim.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 03:51:08 AM »
Cops are always wrong.

Not always.  But in this case, yes, 100% wrong.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »
Not always.  But in this case, yes, 100% wrong.
  now thats a shocking point of view