Author Topic: Cup 'O' Joe!  (Read 17104 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Cup 'O' Joe!
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2011, 06:26:54 AM »
Been drinking Heavenly Monk lately.  All there is that is ground and free right now.

Other than Starbucks not much choice either in the PX.  You would think with as much coffee the military drinks the PX would stock decent coffee, ground and/or whole bean. :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2011, 08:40:17 AM »
I have had some good Kona.  The main reason why it is so expensive is that it is grown in the USA, where the workers are paid a minimum wage, and the other costs of production are more expensive then in, say, Sumatra or Ethiopia.  My coffee co-op distributes Kona on occasion, and a lot of us think that we can get better coffee cheaper from other areas of the globe.  Most of the Kona production goes to the tourist trade or to Japan.  Specialty coffee buyers generally bypass it. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
And the name isn't Heavenly Monk it is The Life of a Monk.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:07 AM »
When I would go visit the ex's home-town, I used to take a few bags of this Brazilian coffee that HEB- Plus used to have.

That stuff was epic

Rosalyn

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
I'm drinking some Kona blend this week. I usually have the 8 o'clock which isn't bad for store bought. I like the Cafe DuMonde but prefer to use it to make Cafe AuLaits. For some reason though, they taste much better at Cafe DuMonde with some fresh beignets.
Rosalyn - I can't wait until black friday sales