Author Topic: AR platforms!  (Read 4836 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: AR platforms!
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »
http://www.m4carbine.net/

That is the winner.

AR15.com has become way too big, busy, and money-oriented to be useful for most people.  The search function is restricted unless you are a member.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

erictank

• friends
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 07:39:20 AM »
Palmetto State Armory has complete rifle kits for $399 with Magpul furniture.  They say all their uppers are fire tested.  The reputation is that they are solid budget guns.

If you want a complete store bought rifle, I would try S&W or Windham.  Rock River is excellent if you can find one at your price point.  Rock River generally has good resale value down the road also.

My EBR lower/LPK with Magpul furniture came from Palmetto State, late 2012.  Aside from a mistake I made with a couple of springs, necessitating removal and replacement of both, it went together fine. 

Complete Yankee Hill Manufacturing upper (16" diamond-fluted barrel, which is quite aesthetically pleasing, flat-top currently mounted with pop-up sights - I plan to put a red-dot on there... hey, I can afford to now!) purchased from Midway literally immediately after the shooting at Newtown.  I'm pretty sure my order was filled with the very last of that particular style YHM upper at the time, and just before prices went up.  It was still pretty pricy, honestly - I think I've actually got a thousand into the whole rifle as-is, without any optics.  That does include the mags I bought when we had that APS run, around that time.

Need to get out and shoot it one of these days.  I've still never actually fired it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
I think it was right around one of Obama's elections, I got a YHM lower.  Later, I got a YHM complete upper to go with it.  I have shot it, but not much.  The quad rail they use is nice, but I need to get some of the slim rubber rail covers.

YHM makes good all metal iron flip up sights.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:04:04 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
That is the winner.

AR15.com has become way too big, busy, and money-oriented to be useful for most people.  The search function is restricted unless you are a member.

Any big site has crap searching... Just use Google with the syntax: ar15 triggers site:ar15.com

Or just go to: https://www.google.com/advanced_search

The problem is that discussion boards, like this one are just big databases of posts and information, and every page load is a query that gets rendered as a .html website page... and a search that's too broad has to crawl every record in the database one by one and it kills server performance, just a few searches have the impact of a few hundred, or even a few thousand users worth of load for just normal posting and reading when it's indexed.

I promise not to duck.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 10:15:24 PM »
Thanks Fly320's! good info!
That is the winner.

I"m set on M4.net! thanks!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G