Author Topic: "Las Vegas False Flag" article, well referenced  (Read 2109 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: "Las Vegas False Flag" article, well referenced
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
Never mind - looks like the wikipedia article was updated recently - not sure how accurate it is, being wikipedia - but it is saying that the 58 deaths were all due to gunshot wounds, and the total injured - 851 now! - 422 were gunshot wounds.  31 of the deaths were DOA at the scene, the rest pronounced at the hospitals.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
The fact that the author asserts a 200 meter shot into a huge crowd of people with an AR15 as nearly impossible wrecks any credibility he might have had . . . .

The fact that he was shooting into a crowd, and didn't need to take carefully aimed shots trips up a lot of people. Yes, generally speaking, a bump stock will not make your gun "more deadly." But when you're just unloading on a mass of people, like the Las Vegas killer did, I would think anything that helps you fire more quickly would make your gun "more deadly."

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »
I think the point is that of the wounded that arrived at the hospital, the number that were actually shot (as opposed to crushed, trampled, etc) is in question.   That's been a question I've had since this happened - how many of the wounded and killed were shot as opposed to blunt trauma from the panicked crowd.  Not that the shooter isn't responsible for all those deaths and injuries as well, just curious why those numbers have not been released (at least not that I've been able to find).

I wonder if those numbers even exist, at least outside of the hospital. Does it really matter? If some nut is shooting at a crowd I happen to be part of, does it matter if I show up at the emergency room with a bullet would, as opposed to my thigh having been ripped open while scaling a chain link fence to escape?

What if three people in the crowd are killed by gunshots and a fourth dies of a heart attack in the panic? Is the fourth guy any less dead than the other three?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »
I wonder if those numbers even exist, at least outside of the hospital. Does it really matter? If some nut is shooting at a crowd I happen to be part of, does it matter if I show up at the emergency room with a bullet would, as opposed to my thigh having been ripped open while scaling a chain link fence to escape?

What if three people in the crowd are killed by gunshots and a fourth dies of a heart attack in the panic? Is the fourth guy any less dead than the other three?

It matters, because people hear the number of wounded, and assume all of those people were shot. That's (probably) millions of people with an exaggerated idea of the firepower of semi-automatic rifles.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
F/A is good for 3 things I can think of:
- Suppression/Cover fire.
- Firing into a crowd for maximum wounding effect with some kills.
- Firing into an advancing force where you have too many opponents to take time for aimed fire.

What have I missed besides "having fun wasting bullets and money?"

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »

The fact that he was shooting into a crowd, and didn't need to take carefully aimed shots trips up a lot of people. Yes, generally speaking, a bump stock will not make your gun "more deadly." But when you're just unloading on a mass of people, like the Las Vegas killer did, I would think anything that helps you fire more quickly would make your gun "more deadly."

Also, the crowd density makes head/neck/upper chest hits much more likely even in an un-aimed fire situation.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
The angle helps those area hits as well, until they all hit the deck, cower behind cover and/or concealment.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »
The angle helps those area hits as well, until they all hit the deck, cower behind cover and/or concealment.

When there are 20,000 people all crowded into an open air venue, "cover" and "concealment" is generally behind some other poor person spectator target.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
The fact that the author asserts a 200 meter shot into a huge crowd of people with an AR15 as nearly impossible wrecks any credibility he might have had . . . .

Uh, yeah, and even accounting for the elevation difference, this ain't that hard to disprove with a simple video if anyone's got access to a cliff overlooking a large field and a buttload of silhouettes.

Hawkmoon

• friend