Author Topic: Tough choices  (Read 524 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Tough choices
« on: September 26, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »
I'm at my wife's aunt and uncles's place tonight.  I can hardly remember the last time my TV was on at home.  They can hardly remember the last time theirs was off.

Anyway, the latest episode of "Survivor" comes on.  [barf]  After trying to ignore it I get to the point that I really am having a hard time taking even being the room.

Wife's cousin's new hubby mentions he has "Senna" on his Netflix instant viewing queue.

Hmmmmm ...  "Survivor" or "Senna" ...  Tough choice.
Formerly sumpnz

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Tough choices
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:58:39 AM »
Modern television is a cultural cancer. /cranky
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
One of the reasons I don't like going to the in-laws for holidays. Summer isn't so bad but in the winter there is going to be a game playing. I kind of like about 80% of my in-laws but I get bored crapless. Then if I start surfing the net on  my phone wife gives me a ration of hell for beng unsociable.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
wife gives me a ration of hell for beng unsociable.

You get that too?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:19:47 AM »
I'm at my wife's aunt and uncles's place tonight.  I can hardly remember the last time my TV was on at home.  They can hardly remember the last time theirs was off.

Anyway, the latest episode of "Survivor" comes on.  [barf]  After trying to ignore it I get to the point that I really am having a hard time taking even being the room.

Wife's cousin's new hubby mentions he has "Senna" on his Netflix instant viewing queue.

Hmmmmm ...  "Survivor" or "Senna" ...  Tough choice.

Gah!  Me, too.

We dumped cable years ago and watch mostly Amazon Prime & DVDs.  Sitting in a room with a teevee on a commercial channel is like constant nails on chalkboard.  Content, commercials, all of it.  If I am in a waiting room situation and I am the only/first person there, I will ask to turn the idiot box off. 

When visiting family who has the teevee on, I will find someplace else to be in or out of the house.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton