Author Topic: New Absolut ad campaign advocates reconquista  (Read 18752 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: New Absolut ad campaign advocates reconquista
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2008, 02:10:42 AM »
Yeah, but San Francisco isn't in the US either.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2008, 03:22:53 AM »
San Francisco keeps trying to leave the U.S., but, like attempting to leave the Mafia, they get sucked back in.  cheesy
(See Prop H for reference.)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
SKYY says their vodka is made from premium grains? I always thought vodka was made from potatos.

Another shattered myth ,...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

erictank

• friends
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
SKYY says their vodka is made from premium grains? I always thought vodka was made from potatos.

Another shattered myth ,...

There's some, but it's apparently harder to find than you might think.

I too had believed that vodka was a potato drink, and thus thought nothing of purchasing a bottle of Stoli, IIRC, for mixing up chocolate martinis for the fiancee and myself around Valentines (she's got a food allergy to wheat, among other things, which presents symptoms in a manner very similar to Celiac).  Well, long story short, she reacted, though not TOO strongly, to something we were unable to track down until the second time we had the martinis about a month later.  Naturally, she reacted again, and I remembered the Valentine's reaction - only common factor was the martinis.  Finally checked the label on the bottle, and sure enough, "Made from premium grains", including wheat, as we tracked down on their website.  Next trip to the ABC, we got a potato-based vodka, which she has no issues with, but they only had like 2 potato-based brands on the shelf out of a dozen or more vodkas.