Author Topic: "Hands free" laws?  (Read 17223 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: "Hands free" laws?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2008, 05:14:15 AM »
It actually looks like her eyes are on the road.

At the moment the photo was snapped.  But she's holding the phone below eye/windshield level, which means she's probably alternating between looking at and concentrating on it, and the road.  And she hasn't even started some distracting conversation yet.  I wouldn't want her (probably behind the wheel of some 3 ton bigazz SUV) right behind me.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2008, 05:15:37 AM »
Well if you would drive something larger than a Prius. laugh

Maybe she is reading directions.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2008, 07:13:16 AM »
Well, I think they need to ban speedometers and fuel gauges.  They just take your eyes off the road  shocked
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
I would have to point out that I am one who has actually done some reading while driving.

The closest thing to reading I have done is looking at a map. But your point on needing to read to keep your mind alert is true. Sometimes I talk on the phone when it is lat to keep myself awake. I have heard once about a guy who was practicing his violin while driving, he got pulled over because apparently he was weaving back and forth a lot. I think he was on his way to a rehearsal or to an actual concert.

And she hasn't even started some distracting conversation yet.  I wouldn't want her (probably behind the wheel of some 3 ton bigazz SUV) right behind me.

Wouldn't bother me. as long as she is staying the proper distance and paying attention to what is giong on why should I care?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic