Author Topic: my wife needs a job......  (Read 19505 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: my wife needs a job......
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 12:49:55 AM »

Well, good on you.  You've got lots and lots of credibility in this area.

I believe I do, and I appreciate your validation.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »
Thanks, for those who have agreed with my concerns. I live in a high crime area and she likes being home and I have lost a lot of loved ones, and my wife is all I have left, our relationship is stronger than anything I'm just concerned for her safety I do not want something to happen to her. She and I would really like for her to do something at home our house would not be big enough for a home daycare. I am looking for her to make maybe $300-$400 a month or maybe you all may have some suggestionson a job we can do as a couple, together? We have no children also so we are up for almost anything. Thank you so much.

Seriously-good luck and blessings to you both.  I'm sorry to hear of your losses, and I hope she'll find something that can help you both without putting her in any danger.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

PTK

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 12:54:36 AM »
why are those folks who reject this notion required to accept such a state of affairs as "just the way it is"?

Because that's what reality is. When you don't believe in something and it's still there, that's reality.  smiley
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 12:58:09 AM »
why are those folks who reject this notion required to accept such a state of affairs as "just the way it is"?

Because that's what reality is. When you don't believe in something and it's still there, that's reality.  smiley

Yeah, I don't accept that oogling other people's wives is "reality."  I think there are plenty of people with enough respect for the marriages of others not to do it, such that believing that most would refuse to do it isn't out of the question.

It's not the genes that make you stare at another man's wife as if she were yours-it's the lack of self-control that can easily be remedied by a proper upbringing.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 12:59:53 AM »
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Isn't the internet grand?  grin
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 01:02:42 AM »
I respectfully disagree with your opinion. Isn't the internet grand?  grin

Yep-it even gives you the time to type out a reasoned response you disagree Smiley.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »
yea, healthcare! OR my uncle the insurance salesman/stock broker says a major field getting ready to go is selling medicare to baby boomers. They're ALL coming of age starting now and they ALL need medicare policies. He does it through some online service that sends him leads, so none of his calls are cold.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »
Whatabout a job where your wife works when she wants, as much or as little as she wants, generally only works with other women, looks beautiful all the time, has boosted self confidence, and can easily exceed $300-400 (your goal) working part time?Huh?
I sent you a pm. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 03:04:43 AM »
Whatabout a job where your wife works when she wants, as much or as little as she wants, generally only works with other women, looks beautiful all the time, has boosted self confidence, and can easily exceed $300-400 (your goal) working part time?Huh?
I sent you a pm. 

But if you are not careful you become a kept man and have your wife buy you toys like boats and stuff. grin
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 03:09:23 AM »
I sent you a pm. 

But if you are not careful you become a kept man and have your wife buy you toys like boats and stuff. grin

Its an awful life....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 03:12:10 AM »
Yea, he's suffering alright...  laugh

280plus

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2008, 03:13:07 AM »
My wife makes enough to support herself, that's close enough for me.  grin

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 05:03:26 AM »
How does "I'll check out with my eyes any woman, married or not" equal enlightened?
Fine, you be enlightened.  I'll still check her out anyway.  I am not blind, and I hope never to be blind.  A beautiful women is a like a beautiful painting.  You look at it, but you don't necessarily want to own it or steal it.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 05:05:38 AM »
How does "I'll check out with my eyes any woman, married or not" equal enlightened?
Fine, you be enlightened.  I'll still check her out anyway.  I am not blind, and I hope never to be blind.  A beautiful women is a like a beautiful painting.  You look at it, but you don't necessarily want to own it or steal it.

Amen, preach it. 
Me, I'm an unenlightend neandrathal.  Look at the scabs on my knuckles!

JD

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
we have been together since high school, she has never had a job and has no experience or skills besides being a homemaker. The economy has hit my job and she will now need to find work. My other problem is I don't want her to be working where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around. Do any of you have any ideas as to what she could do for work? Maybe a work at home job that actually works and not ebay?  Thanks.
Well any job where she works outside the home she will almost certainly come in contact with men, and a fair number of bosses happen to be men.  If she is attractive, men will look at her. If she is ugly men will look at her. She will also look at men. It is hard to interact with people unless you look at them. And most jobs require at least some interaction with other people.

A store catering to women (like a women's clothing store) might be an option to keep her away from men who might look at her or boss her. But I can also tell you that many women prefer male bosses as women are often infected with the queen bee syndrome.

There are a fair number of work at home ideas that do work, but most require some skill set someone wants, and she may not have them.

Don't discount eBay. If she is willing to shop local garage sales regularly, and learn the ropes, she might well be able to bring in a few hundred bucks a month from eBay without a lot of trouble.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 08:19:03 AM »
that kinda money you guys could do a paper route  possibly outside the bad area. i knew a lady who when doc told her to drop her day job when she was pregnant got a route and made decent money at it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »
By "enlightened", I mean that I don't feel I have the right to sleep with, or make comments about, every woman I see.  I see women as capable and intelligent and worthy.  Women are not meat.  But SS, I still look at every single one of them, except the babushkas (you all know which women I mean).  Tall, short, old, young, thin, fat.  I look them over.  I try not to "ogle".

But as intelligent and erudite as I can be, good cleavage turns me momentarily mute.  A beautiful woman takes my breath away.  And you know what?  I'm glad.  It's a wonderful feeling, to be knocked out like that, as if the sun is peeking through the clouds.  I hope I'm never too old or jaded for it not to be that way.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
You are right to be aware of it and to look for situations that won't be so unfamiliar to your wife or present as much of a risk for harrassment.

As the husband of a gal who has been the target of some no-bullshit ogling, harassment, and groping in the workplace; I both understand Avalanche's concerns and am here to confirm their validity.

My wife was more worldly than what Avalanche's sounds like, but encountered such nonetheless in both professional corporate settings and elsewhere; from both religious and irreligious.

Yeah, I don't accept that oogling other people's wives is "reality."  I think there are plenty of people with enough respect for the marriages of others not to do it, such that believing that most would refuse to do it isn't out of the question.

It's not the genes that make you stare at another man's wife as if she were yours-it's the lack of self-control that can easily be remedied by a proper upbringing.

QFT.

Self-discipline is terribly out of fashion, nowadays, though.  As is self-respect and respect for others.

Contrary to what some folks believe, it is possible to discipline one's mind and thoughts with more or less success. 

Bottom line: there are very few places where a gal will be 100% free from undisciplined / poorly raised men.  That is a reality.  There are ways to minimize such exposure, however.

As to employment opportunities, you might want to mix up the work & education a bit.  Does your wife have any post-HS education or certifications?

For instance, at nearby community colleges, you can get a Certified Nurse's Assistant certification for a month's time & $500 (CPR / vaccinations extra).  Some nursing homes/healthcare facilities will even pay the way of prospective employees.  Something in this field may meet your requirements.

If she already has a bachelor's degree, you can get an RN cert in 15 months at some community colleges.

As has been mentioned, maid service is a fine way for folks with limited skills to make a living.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »
My other problem is I don't want her to be working where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around.
Actually, to me, this sounds a little like insecurity on your part.  It does not bother me for other men to look at my wife because I KNOW she will be true to me.  On time my first wife was working as a bar maid.  Some guy was really trying to put the make on her one night.  I silently sipped my beer and he fiannly said, "if you are married, where is your husband"?  She quietly replied, "Sitting next to you."  He looked at me, and I smiled and nodded to him.  End of conversation, and very soon, he was out of there.  No. it did not bother me, as I knew where her heart was.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
My other problem is I don't want her to be working where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around.
Actually, to me, this sounds a little like insecurity on your part.  It does not bother me for other men to look at my wife because I KNOW she will be true to me.  On time my first wife was working as a bar maid.  Some guy was really trying to put the make on her one night.  I silently sipped my beer and he fiannly said, "if you are married, where is your husband"?  She quietly replied, "Sitting next to you."  He looked at me, and I smiled and nodded to him.  End of conversation, and very soon, he was out of there.  No. it did not bother me, as I knew where her heart was.

Whether or not your wife will be true is not the issue.  It's the fact that other people are making her uncomfortable and degrading her by staring, and also behaving as if the marriage means nothing or deserves no special respect when it comes to visually undressing a married woman.  It's a personal insult to both the woman and her husband.

Being concerned about the harrassment and degrading treatment your wife may receive is part of being a decent husband, not insecurity. 

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
QFT.

Self-discipline is terribly out of fashion, nowadays, though.  As is self-respect and respect for others.

Contrary to what some folks believe, it is possible to discipline one's mind and thoughts with more or less success. 

You can say that again-unfortunately the prevailing attitude these days tends to be "boys will be boys" or "girls just want to have fun" or a similar cliche that gets used to explain away disrespectful behavior.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
There is nothing disrespectful about a man noticing a woman's beauty.

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:18 PM »
depends on how  and how often its done. and in some industries its not done well at all . restaurant biz can be bad. have hada straighten out employees often.  though strangly enough the best kitchen crew i ever had as far as treating the ladies right was a group of 15 guys 11 of whom i hired from a work release program. i even broke tradition and hired a girl to work in the kitchen and they treated her like a sister. they were real good at getting drunks to behave in the bar too, when they got outa hand the guys would just go out and grit on em till they left. they wouldn't let us play in the mall intramural flag football league though.
maybe in the cubicle world its different
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
I said noticing.  I didn't say groping and fondling and undressing with the eyes.  Men will look.  As a man, I will look.  It's how we are.  It's how I am.  I don't care if that makes me somehow unenlightened or not progressive.  I'm a man.  I notice attractive women. 

• friends
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
oh i look too i also see folks cross the line  rea; far  a lot. hada jack a few up over it and fire a bunch. certain enviroments are bad and its not gender specific women can be real bad too if they get the chance