Author Topic: my wife needs a job......  (Read 19499 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Re: my wife needs a job......
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
Women can be worse, because they think they can get away with it.  There's a woman at work who is really bad. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2008, 01:19:15 AM »
My other problem is I don't want her to be working where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around. Do any of you have any ideas as to what she could do for work?

http://www.dallaslighthouse.org/

http://www.houstonlighthouse.org/

http://www.horizonind.com/

grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2008, 03:26:19 AM »
My other problem is I don't want her to be working where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around. Do any of you have any ideas as to what she could do for work?

http://www.dallaslighthouse.org/

http://www.houstonlighthouse.org/

http://www.horizonind.com/

grin

Now thats funny!!!

Avalanche:
Sent you a PM on the issue. 
http://www.liasophia.com/kristy is my wife's website.
Essentially, she'd be an independant contractor for lia sophia.  Its a direct sales jewelry company, the successful format is home parties.
The company wide show average is $730.  Of that, an advisor makes 30%.  Thats $219 for about 3 hours of work. As a manager, it increases to 40%, plus "override" on team sales.  We don't carry inventory, and startup is about $160....but between us, my wife has a startup plan in her team where a new person can earn that for free by meeting certain minimum standards.
 Working parttime, one can easily exceed the $300-400 goal you mentioned in your OP.  Committing full time to working the business....well then the sky is the limit.
It may or may not be for her.  All she needs is an ability to smile, be teachable, and push through the "no's" to find the "yes's". 
I'll leave it there.  You should run it by her.  Good luck in whatever ya'll choose.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 04:47:46 AM »
Isn't that basically Avon/Amway with sparklies Jamis?

Anyway, on this whole "I don't want men looking at my wife thing...." Let me see if I can break it down here.

Not wanting your wife to be uncomfortable is fine. But if she has a semi-normal life that isn't really an option. Does she go shopping, out to dinner, out with friends etc? Then she should really already be familiar with men looking at her. Whether this is right or wrong is immaterial.

I don't know your situation. Maybe she was raised in a very isolated community that strictly segregates the genders, and attended an all girls school. Maybe she was raped and is terrified to leave the house. But even if she has been terribly sheltered or abused and is thus nervous about normal social interactions, fostering that is not healthy. Gently encouraging her to be more self reliant and confidant is your job as a husband, not trying to keep her isolated.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 05:12:40 AM »

Sure.  Except our company offers compensation among the best in the business, they don't make us sit on inventory that may or may not sell, and the product has a lifetime warranty.
Yes, its direct sales, multi-level marketing.  But I'm sure you've got uninformed opinions on how that all works.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 05:19:16 AM »

Sure.  Except our company offers compensation among the best in the business, they don't make us sit on inventory that may or may not sell, and the product has a lifetime warranty.
Yes, its direct sales, multi-level marketing.  But I'm sure you've got uninformed opinions on how that all works.
The way i see it, if you can ethically make a few bucks from it, who cares what they are selling, or how.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 05:23:23 AM »

The way i see it, if you can ethically make a few bucks from it, who cares what they are selling, or how.

I feel much, much cleaner (and sleep better at night) than when I worked for the fed.gov......
JD

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 05:43:52 AM »

Yeah, if anyone disagrees with you they must not know what they're talking about.  rolleyes Geez, you're as bad as cosine.......

I do in fact have a good bit of experience with both Avon (my Mom) and Amway/Quikstar (some friends I lived with after getting out of the Corps). If it works for you, great. But it's not for me or mine. And (at least in the cases I know) the very real disadvantages are never accurately disclosed.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 05:45:01 AM »

Yeah, if anyone disagrees with you they must not know what they're talking about.  rolleyes Geez, you're as bad as cosine.......

Huh? When have I given that impression? Thread and post?
Andy

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2008, 05:49:51 AM »
Yes, its direct sales, multi-level marketing.     .

I do in fact have a good bit of experience with both Avon (my Mom) and Amway/Quikstar (some friends I lived with after getting out of the Corps). If it works for you, great. But it's not for me or mine. And (at least in the cases I know) the very real disadvantages are never accurately disclosed.

Maybe with Amway or Avon they are not.  Mary Kay is another that is guilty of that.
lia sophia is very upfront in thier policies, which are generally very simple. 
But I'm sure you've got uninformed opinions on how that all works

That was a little short of me, I apologize.
JD

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 06:00:05 AM »
My wife sold Amway, Avon, Sarah Coverntry, and she managed to buy more than she sold.  Samples, bargains ect.
BUT, many ladies and guys do very well with any of them.  Some of my wife's friends were in for the long haul in Avon and are very happy with it and make good money.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 06:27:39 AM »

Hmmm, well that's embarrassing. My search-fu can't find the thread.

I was referring to a comment you made back in the day before you became a mod along the lines of "Most people who disagree with Catholic doctrine just don't really understand it." You were quoting someone; your priest or bishop maybe, don't recall exactly. If I'm confusing you with someone else I withdraw my statement, and offer my most profuse apology. No insult was intended; I greatly respect your posts and am glad you got "promoted" to mod. But when I think of "If you don't agree with me it's because you don't understand my argument" that post is what comes to mind.

But I'm sure you've got uninformed opinions on how that all works

That was a little short of me, I apologize.

No problem. I'm sure the majority of people who give you crap probably are somewhat ill informed.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 06:42:46 AM »

Hmmm, well that's embarrassing. My search-fu can't find the thread.

I was referring to a comment you made back in the day before you became a mod along the lines of "Most people who disagree with Catholic doctrine just don't really understand it." You were quoting someone; your priest or bishop maybe, don't recall exactly. If I'm confusing you with someone else I withdraw my statement, and offer my most profuse apology. No insult was intended; I greatly respect your posts and am glad you got "promoted" to mod. But when I think of "If you don't agree with me it's because you don't understand my argument" that post is what comes to mind.

No offense taken. I couldn't recall saying something along those lines, but I may have; besides fistful I tend to be the most outspoken proponent of Christianity (and also Catholicism) at times.
Andy

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »
Hmmm, thinking back it may have been the Roundtablem are those threads preserved anywhere?

SkunkApe

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »
I wish some women would ogle me.

I forget - does the potato go in the front or the back?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »

Are you trying to fake a hydrocele or a hemorrhoid?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 01:12:48 AM »

Socks, man, socks.....looks more natural.....  rolleyes
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2008, 01:49:21 AM »

Are you trying to fake a hydrocele or a hemorrhoid?

Socks, man, socks.....looks more natural.....  rolleyes

You guys owe me a new keyboard and a nose job for all the tea I just shot through mine.  laugh
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2008, 01:53:26 AM »
Women can be worse, because they think they can get away with it.  There's a woman at work who is really bad. 

In ogling men or ogling other women?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2008, 01:55:46 AM »

In ogling men or ogling other women?

Maybe it is both.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2008, 03:29:11 AM »
hydroceles hurt REALLY, REALLY badly...
One day at a time.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2008, 04:11:37 AM »
At 23 with no job experience or post-HS education, job options are limited.

I understand you don't want her taking a job as a pole dancer or something, but if you exclude everything " . . . where there will be other men looking at her all day or bossing her around . . . " that further cuts down on her already-limited opportunities.

Hotel maid? Day care employee? Dishwasher at a female-owned restaurant? Sales at a women's clothing store,  or women's clothing department in a large department store?

Can she type?

I'd suggest that, as soon as your finances allow, your wife needs to get herself some additional education, even if its from a trade school.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »

I understand you don't want her taking a job as a pole dancer or something...

What if it's at a lesbian bar?....  undecided

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »

Do lesbian bars have pole dancers?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »

Do lesbian bars have pole dancers?

WINNER!!![/font][/size][/font][/color]
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!