Author Topic: more on sandusky  (Read 19359 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
more on sandusky
« on: November 25, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/45434677#45434720

2 more kids come forward including a relative of sanduskys

and guess who was attorney general when he skated a few years back?  current governor and pennstate alum corbett.  and he chose not to share the info with penn state

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/45434677#45422086
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: more on sandusky
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
We'll discus the political implications of this development, but if this starts to go the way of the previous thread, it will go down the memory hole most ricky-tic.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »
pa have term limits?  i saw a video of him trying to explain not notifying the college of the investigation details.  he reminded me of a friend who got caught in the act on the couch with the teenage babysitter by his wife.  and was equally effective. i almost felt sorry for him. the ripples of harm keep emanating outward from this
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
Sheriff Joe wouldn't have let this happen. He'd make Sandusky wear pink undies and sleep in a tent...in PA...in Winter.

Chris

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »
as annoyed as i was with corbett my read of his press conference was that he genuine in his regret and deeply troubled by what happened. i didn't envy him a bit. he was wise to face the music it will hurt less in the long run

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
Sheriff Joe wouldn't have let this happen. He'd make Sandusky wear pink undies and sleep in a tent...in PA...in Winter.

Chris
Zing! Very good!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 07:58:07 PM »
at least arapios gay sex scandal involved consenting adults only one of whom was part of "the inner circle"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 12:38:51 AM »
1. Where the heck does one have to be, personally, to anally rape kids you started a charity to help?

2. Where the heck does a society have to be, culturally, to soft-step this and not come down on the perpetrator like a ton of bricks when it is first discovered?

3. How long do we pretend that cultural changes over the last few decades did not contribute to #2?

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:45:22 AM »
at least arapios gay sex scandal involved consenting adults only one of whom was part of "the inner circle"

4. When CSD is making points mitigating Arpaio's misdeeds does anyone else look outside the window for signs of the 'Pockylypse?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:20:44 AM »
Sigh.  Moreso than Sandusky, some of us here are worried that the Second Mile may be another Boystown ring.  The Boystown ring was centered around Lawrence King in Nebraska, with ties to the GOP and various other groups.  King was nailed on financial fraud, but no one wanted to look into his child exploitation and blackmail ring. Second Mile is folding up and transferring its assets.  It will be trivial to follow the existing assets, but it is possible that if there is a ring, that they might write off the old assets and start a new feeder system.  

Boystown was more or less successfully covered up. If there is a ring in PA, it will not be.  

Corbett is a hack. I've known him for quite some time. I did roll my eyes when he tried to put my father in jail during a blatantly partisan investigation on House Democrats. He completely ignored the same exact behavior on behalf of House Republicans. The amount of resources that got thrown at Bonusgate... heh. One trooper for Sandusky, dozens for Bonusgate. I honestly doubt he was personally involved, but I have suspicions of members of his staff. If it looks like any members of the GOP is involved, Linda Kelly (who assumed the AG slot from Corbett) will stonewall as much as possible.

Unfortunately, we're not sure how corrupted the Judiciary is. The two judges that were sending hundreds of kids to hell camps may be isolated, may not be. As far as anyone knows, there is no significant organized corruption in the PA state judiciary. Just the standard low level unorganized corruption of favors, backscratching, good ol' boy networks, et al.

If both the AG and Judiciary are turned, yea, it'll be an interesting day. PSP, NG and most of the sheriffs (except Philly) are clear. If Corbett can't be traced on paper to anything, he'll toss anyone to the wolves to save his own neck. He's as loyal of a Republican as I am.  

Chris
Zing! Very good!

Sheriff Joe is an inefficient and corrupt politician. I guessed that he was a hack from glancing at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office's insurance. Last I heard, they were at a $5m deductible from the number of lawsuits they've lost. I learned in detail of just how incompetent Sheriff Arpaio is from a first hand source that I do deeply trust. A friend of mine spent a weekend in Sheriff Arpaio's "tent city" on driving under the influence charges. Dude had two beers, and in the opinion of the deputy, was incapable of safely operating a vehicle. He did the standard plea bargain thing and thankfully had a good lawyer.  

Essentially, the tent city is a media ploy and little else. It is less secure and less "hard time" than conventional jails. On a nightly basis, "footballs" of drugs are thrown over the fence. Anyone who catches the football gets a finder's fee. Apparently it is so common it has been systematized on percentages and conduct. The staff is incompetent and unmotivated. The pink thing doesn't bother the inmates because everyone is wearing the same thing and it's not a personal choice. My friend was quite curious, as this was his first run-in with the law. The other prisoners confirmed that doing time in the tent city was basically the easiest place to spend time. His analogy was it was pretty much a boring summer camp run by incompetent people, from the top down.

Sheriff Arpaio is not a good sheriff.  He plays political games to primarily appease his ego and impress the old citizens around Maricopa County that buy his "tough on crime" persona who continue to re-elect him despite his poor law enforcement abilities, the lack of discipline of his employees and the extremely high cost of maintaining the department.

1. Where the heck does one have to be, personally, to anally rape kids you started a charity to help?

2. Where the heck does a society have to be, culturally, to soft-step this and not come down on the perpetrator like a ton of bricks when it is first discovered?

3. How long do we pretend that cultural changes over the last few decades did not contribute to #2?

4. When CSD is making points mitigating Arpaio's misdeeds does anyone else look outside the window for signs of the 'Pockylypse?

1. Power rush moreso than anything else. It's less about the sex, as it is about the rush of having complete control over another person and the ability to do whatever one wishes to another human being. The more defenseless and vulnerable the victim, the stronger the rush.  In this case, he did not start the charity to help the kids, but to provide cover.

2. Sigh. Politics in action. Penn State unfortunately does have a very large source of unofficial power. Their alumni pool is friggin huge. There is a lot of money involved as well. And people value a game more than defenseless kids.

3. Uh. It's been that way for quite some time. The details change, but the people don't. This sort of thing has been occurring for as long as humanity has organized into large groups. Never underestimate what people will do to have power over other people. Many people will sell anything, up to and including their soul, in order to have power over other people.

4. No kidding.  And I am less than pleased it is happening in my backyard. I like Pennsylvania. I like that it is quiet, and stays out of the news. I do not like scum setting up shop in this state... They'll learn that other places are more tolerant of such things. Not here.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:38:03 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »

When it was "first discovered" only a handful of inner-circle people were aware of it. "Society" is not to blame.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 03:13:09 AM »
Tiberius of Rome and infants/toddlers. ... google.
Caligua was worse. This kind of stuff has always been a plague
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 05:40:13 AM »
Tiberius of Rome and infants/toddlers. ... google.
Caligua was worse. This kind of stuff has always been a plague

I think a lot of the allegations WRT Tiberius don't pass the smell test due to being simply impossible biologically. Yes I've read the Lives of the Twelve Caesars.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
Comparisons to Rome's Empire are perinent in a way that undemines their use in this thread as dismissing my question #3:
The roman republic had much stronger civic morals than the later roman empire and what was toleated during the empire would have gotten one executed during the republic
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
Comparisons to Rome's Empire are perinent in a way that undemines their use in this thread as dismissing my question #3:
The roman republic had much stronger civic morals than the later roman empire and what was toleated during the empire would have gotten one executed during the republic

The roman empire had far superior civic morals to the late Republic. Part of why the Republic fell in the first place. People started being disgusted at the behavior of the Senators.

As for the overall collapse of morality, XKCD had it:

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »
that cartoon doesn't have electrolytes
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
gets worse/better
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/penn-state-scandal-jerry-sandusky-victim-mother_n_1108979.html

"He didn't come out and say anything directly about Jerry at first. He started telling me that he was upset about his school and his grades and that he felt everyone hated him. At first I thought he was just saying what any child says when they're stressed out or in trouble. I reassured him that no one in the school hated him. That's when he told me that they did, because he was always getting pulled out of class."

Victim One then explained to his mother that he was being taken out of school several times a week, sometimes daily. When she pressed him, he explained that Sandusky wanted him to leave the school with him.

She said she immediately knew something was wrong.

"I didn't know about that," she said, shaking her head slowly at the recollection. "I was never aware that he [Sandusky] did that."

According to both Victim One and his mother, it was the assistant principal and varsity football coach Steve Turchetta who authorized and granted Sandusky this access, despite a lack of parental permission or notification.

Turchetta defended his actions, according to the grand jury indictment, saying that it wasn't unusual to "call a Second Mile student out of activity period at the end of the day, at Sandusky's request, to see him."

With her son being taken off school property on a frequent basis without her permission, and his expressed concern about Sandusky being a "sex weirdo," Mother One said she contacted the school.

"I didn't know how to start the conversation with the high school counselor because I didn't know how to come out and say, 'I think Jerry Sandusky is doing something to my kid,'" she explained. "I finally said to the counselor, 'You're a mother. I'm a mother. I have a gut feeling that something isn't right.'"

Mother One explained that her son was clearly troubled by Sandusky and wanted the school to talk with him. She also informed the high school principal, Karen Probst, that she didn't appreciate the school allowing Sandusky to take her son anywhere, and demanded that the school help to stop the visits.

But according to Mother One, the school acted as if there was nothing to be concerned about.

"The principal just waved it off, saying, 'You know, it's Jerry. He's around the school a lot and talks a lot with Second Mile kids. He has a heart of gold.' I was furious. They were defending this guy."

Mother One said she stopped arguing when she realized the principal wasn't willing to admit to any wrongdoing. She then asked that a counselor speak to her son, to see if he'd open up. The school agreed.

A few hours later, her phone rang. It was Probst, who she said asked her to drive to the school immediately.

Mother One already knew where this was going.

Reaching the counselor's office, she saw her son sitting in a chair and crying uncontrollably. He was, she recalled, in "an absolute meltdown."

Then, she said, the principal entered the room.

"The principal said that my son thought something inappropriate might have happened with Jerry. And of course, I instantly lost it."

As her son spoke between sobs, Mother One's worst fears were confirmed. Victim One said he was terrified, and that he thought things would only get worse.

Mother One had heard all she needed to. "Then we're going to call the police," she recalled saying. She looked at the counselor and principal, expecting them to nod, or to agree. Instead, she claims, they told her to think about it, and asked her how it would affect her family.

"I repeated the line three times. I said let's call the police. Right now. Let's do it. And they continued to stare at me."

As his mother described it, her son rocked in his chair and shook his head, looking as if he was about to have a nervous breakdown. Still sobbing, he shouted: "See! They don't believe me!"

Mother One said the counselor and the principal, both women and both employees of the public school system, didn't respond. They didn't offer condolences of any sort, she said.

"I remember saying, 'I'm not playing. This isn't funny. I mean seriously, look how upset he is! Something happened.'"

Mother One said the principal stood her ground.

"Jerry has a heart of gold, he's been around all these kids and you really should just go home and think about what this is going to do to your son and your family if you do that," Mother One recalled the principal saying.

"At that point, I had had enough. I told him that we were leaving. He grabbed his backpack and we just left the women sitting there."

As she drove home, trying to maintain her composure in front of her son, she said she called a close friend who worked with the state's Children's Youth Services program. The friend agreed to meet them at their home, and then took them to the Services center.

That's where she met Dr. Mike Gillum, a licensed psychologist with a private practice in Williamsport, Pa., who has also worked with the state on child abuse cases. He's worked closely with Victim One and Mother One ever since that first meeting.

According to Mother One, Gillum called the principal at the high school to inform her that Sandusky was now the subject of an abuse investigation and therefore could not be allowed near the school or Victim One.

As the full story emerged, Victim One revealed that for nearly two years he was subjected to various sexual acts by Sandusky. Some had even occurred at the middle school and high school, where Sandusky had been given complete access to him by school officials.

On Nov. 7, Pennsylvania State Attorney General Linda Kelly praised Central Mountain High School for "doing the right thing" in the Sandusky matter. The indictment states that the school immediately called the police when it was informed of the abuse.

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
"IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR SON"

Neither Turchetta nor Probst (nor any school official, for that matter) have explained why Sandusky was given the authority to pull Victim One out of class and take him off school grounds without permission from his mother. Calls placed to the offices of Central Mountain High School have gone unanswered.

And although Sandusky has been barred from the school, Mother One said other problems remained, which also convinced her to pull her son from the school. She said that once her son disclosed the abuse, fellow students and even school administrators remained skeptical -- and often incredulous -- about his claims.

One evening, while Mother One was shopping, she said the grandmother of one of the varsity football players approached her in a rage and, according to Mother One, proceeded to publicly berate her.

"She said, 'Thanks a lot! What are you doing getting involved for your son? Your son doesn't even play football anymore.' I remember saying, 'What are you talking about?'"

According to Mother One, the woman responded, "Oh, your son had to go and accuse Jerry [Sandusky] of abusing him and now he's not allowed to help the football team and he's not allowed around the school."

Aside from Child Youth Services, the police, Gillum, a few school administrators and immediate family members, she said she'd told no one else what had happened to Victim One.

Shocked, she asked the grandmother how she found out. Mother One recalls the woman responding that Turchetta brought it up at his weekly football parent meeting, presumably with family members of the football team.

According to Mother One, the woman added, "Coach Turchetta said these charges are never going to stick and he'll walk away."

"She never asked me if the charges were true. She just finished up with, 'Thanks a lot. Now our football team is going to lose and it's all because of your son.'"

Mother One said that Turchetta found ways to target her son as punishment for getting Sandusky removed from school grounds.

Although Turchetta didn't coach her son directly, his role as assistant principal and his involvement in the sports department gave him influence over other sports programs within the school. Mother One claims her son developed a close bond with a 28-year-old volunteer coach, which Turchetta abruptly ended.

One day, she recalled, her son told her that Turchetta was in his face, yelling at him: "With what you've done already, no 28-year-old man needs to be around you."

"I think he was accusing my son of having some kind of relationship with him," she said. "That's how my son took it, too."

Mother One said it was Turchetta's hostility, coupled with fears for her son's safety, that led her to remove her son from the school last week.

Since the Sandusky scandal broke, many have speculated over Victim One's identity; his mother says some in their community have figured out who he is, and have threatened the boy for being gay (which, she says, he is not).

A few days prior to removing her son from the school, Mother One said she learned some students had been threatening her son. She said she called principal Probst immediately.

"I heard that some kids were going to do some gang beating on my son," she said she told Probst. "I want to make sure you are aware of that and that Mike Gillum was going to talk to the county to see if we could get some police up there, to take whatever measure's to keep him safe."

Mother One said the principal responded by saying: "Okay, we're going to have a meeting and we'll get back to you."

Mother One said she persisted.

"I tried to tell her that the school needed to educate these kids about what my son has been through," she said. "I suggested them having a student assembly where they could talk about abuse so they could understand what has happened."

When the principal called back, she was more concerned about a BB gun found in the back of her son's vehicle more than a month earlier, according to Mother One.

"There was nothing about her meeting, nothing about my son's safety. No response to the threat that some kids were going to hurt my son," Mother One said. "Instead she brought up the BB gun they apparently found over a month ago. She said that he left the school distraught and had a BB gun. And I thought, 'What are you getting at now?' What's that BB gun have to do with this? That BB gun is rusty and probably 100 years old. It's been sitting in his car forever."

Bewildered by the school's inaction, she removed her son from the school.

Gillum believes that the school's actions are at odds with some of the statements about how it handled Victim One's complaints.

"Given the disparity between the actions taken when the initial symptoms were observed and the mother requested intervention to determine whether or not he was being victimized by this man, and then for the school officials to resist pursuing law enforcement or children and youth services, then later down the road to have officials claim that they were suspicious of Jerry Sandusky, or concerned about him, is obviously not congruent," he said.

Mother One said she is also troubled by what she believes are inconsistencies with the school officials' testimonies in the grand jury report. She points out that Turchetta claims he became suspicious of Sandusky's behavior and actions around certain students.

"If he suspected something was going on then why didn't he report it?" she asked.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 10:09:06 PM »
Football is money.
Money is power.
Power corrupts.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »

I'm not exactly surprised.  Football is...  a very big thing.  Especially in rural schools.  It's a combination of "not wanting it to be true", and messed up priorities.  Lot of "minor" things get overlooked things. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Football is...  a very big thing.  Especially in rural schools.

Especially in Pennsylvania.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 10:35:57 PM »
the principle is a mandated reporter
the coach might not be

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 11:47:07 PM »
The roman empire had far superior civic morals to the late Republic. Part of why the Republic fell in the first place. People started being disgusted at the behavior of the Senators.

As for the overall collapse of morality, XKCD had it:

MB:

If you buy that comic, I question your judgment, as it sacrifices veracity on the altar of the author's political prejudices.  That is as bad a habit for libertines as it is for marxists.

The very arguments you make in other threads (that morality has changed in favor of your predilections over the last few decades) undermine your argument in this thread and the point the damnfool author tried to make in the comic.

To elucidate:
Civic virtue and commonly acceptable behavior does change over time and those changes have material effect on both civil society and the individuals in that society.  Some times those changes trend toward dissipation and other times those changes trend toward civic and personal rectitude.  The only thing they don;t do is remain static.

Whichever direction one personally considers "better" (dissipation vs rectitude), there are consequences, both good and ill, that one must own. 

"The only thing that would keep me from winning the election is to be caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."
    ----Huey Long

Not any more, Huey.  It will help you get elected in some states.

In the case of Sandusky, actions that would have (at an earlier time) brought complete ruin down on a far more powerful man than he resulted in acceptance of his behavior at a very small personal cost (to Sandusky).  Part of the cost of tolerance of buggery in the general case is tolerance of buggery in the particular case where it ought, rather, receive calumny.

The Sandusky case is of a part with the scandal of the Roman Catholic homosexual pedophile priests.  They and their superiors were/are products of seminaries where homosexuality became rampant and tolerated as homosexuality becmae tolerated in the culture...and that toleration carried over into their work as priests, bishops, and cardinals.

It may be a wonderful thing that homosexuals engaged in homosexuality who arrange to be seen by law enforcement mid-buggery no longer can be prosecuted for that buggery.  Those who think so can bask in their victory at the SCOTUS, but also need to own the unintended consequences of their victory.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
Only if you believe consensual homosexuality is somehow equivalent to child rape.

I doubt these people would have acted differently if Sandusky were dealing with girls.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
>In the case of Sandusky, actions that would have (at an earlier time) brought complete ruin down on a far more powerful man than he resulted in acceptance of his behavior at a very small personal cost (to Sandusky).  Part of the cost of tolerance of buggery in the general case is tolerance of buggery in the particular case where it ought, rather, receive calumny.<

First off, homosexuality =/= pedophilia. Two different animals.

Secondly, it's not a case of "this is happening more today", as it is "this is getting reported more today". Back in the "good ol' days", this would have been completely swept under the rug...

>The Sandusky case is of a part with the scandal of the Roman Catholic homosexual pedophile priests.  They and their superiors were/are products of seminaries where homosexuality became rampant and tolerated as homosexuality becmae tolerated in the culture...and that toleration carried over into their work as priests, bishops, and cardinals.<

Again, see above regarding homosexuality. And, if you REALLY want to bring up the Catholic Church scandal, I would suggest you read Preacherman's blog posts about it...

>It may be a wonderful thing that homosexuals engaged in homosexuality who arrange to be seen by law enforcement mid-buggery no longer can be prosecuted for that buggery.  Those who think so can bask in their victory at the SCOTUS, but also need to own the unintended consequences of their victory.<

Those who rape children, as Rev already pointed out, do so out of a sense of dominance over another. It really isn't a sexual thing, sex being a way of exerting their total control over their victim. It's not a case of Bruce finding little Johnny so handsome and attractive that he just can't help himself.

As for the "why aren't they going after this guy even moreso?", I have two words for you: "Roman Polanski"
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)