Author Topic: Anarchism, split form the (De)Motivator thread. :)  (Read 12217 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Anarchism, split form the (De)Motivator thread. :)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 05:39:28 AM »
I doubt Karl Marx ever envisioned Stalin, but he helped create him.
Arguable, but irrelevant as a critique of the ideology (or broader ideas).
Not irrelevant at all.  Any form of govt you consider must account for the Stalins of the world.  Even in a weak govt, there will always be those who seek to control others for one reason or another.  No need to make the same mistakes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »
What you just said doesn't contradict my statement about the argument's irrelevance as a criticism of a particular ideology.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
I was an anarchist for quite awhile.
Modern anarchist conform to the unwritten rules of their little cliques, the "young whippersnapper"
in the op would be laughed out of any NY squat run by so-called anarchist.
Modern anarchist are all little hitlers who never read Kropotkin and have no clue what the Haymarket was.
In the 1980's I was very involved in the so called anarchist movement and found out that they are all wannabe dictators PERIOD.

The modern Conservative belief in less government is a million % better then the modern anarchist who consistently vote for liberals.

Noam Chompsky, the anarchist savior, is just another liberal anti gunner who happens to have a gift for the written word.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 09:04:52 PM »
No political system has the luxury of existing in vacuum. There always are alternative modes of social organization trying to break out and corner the market. Then, ecologically speaking, anarchy is unsustainable because it is too vulnerable to hostile takeover. And the fundamental reason for that is that by its nature, human society is cooperative. Higher forms of cooperation are generally more efficient and produce better results. Better results generate a cumulative advantage that guarantees long-term victory. Anarchy is consistently outperformed.