Author Topic: Bought a few LED lightbulbs  (Read 15331 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Bought a few LED lightbulbs
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
I checked with the local pro electrical store, and the only ceiling fixtures they had were 4100°K.

I did some searching online again, and found these:  http://www.prolighting.com/54616101.html  I'm not sure 990 lumens is enough, although that should be light actually exiting the fixture so it's probably more light than it sounds -- a lot of the light from a 1600 lumen bulb never leaves the fixture (well, it leaves eventually as heat)
"It's good, though..."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2015, 12:22:03 PM »
For a work/office area 4100k is a really good color temp. Nicely neutral, good color rendition and contrast without being too cool or warm.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
I put 4100K lamps in the ceiling fixture in the bedroom last week, and my wife wants me to replace them with 2700's because the color is wrong.  4100K needs to be *bright* to look good.
"It's good, though..."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »
Yeah, bed/bath needs something closer to 3000k for the "regular bulb" look.Philips and Cree both make nice 2700k edison-bas replacement lamps.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB