Author Topic: John Wayne  (Read 2040 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
John Wayne
« on: February 19, 2019, 02:02:40 PM »
Yes, in politics, because apparently some SJW with nothing better to do has unearthed a 1971 Playboy interview with him, and the SJW social media universe is aflame in outrage as to what an evil man he was.

Though it all did lead me to this quote by him, so I guess it's worth the outrage:

"Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat — the same tightness a man gets when his baby takes his first step or his first baby shaves and makes his first sound as a man. Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words."

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” ... words to live by..........John Wayne

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/twitter-loses-its-mind-over-racist-comments-john-wayne-made-back-1971

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: John Wayne
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 02:16:24 PM »
before moving on to call many black Americans under-educated and ignorant.

I guess it would be racist to compare HS graduation rates based on race.
Sorry, many blacks are under educated and this is borne out by the grad rates and it's even worst than it was back in Wayne's day. And it's not a race issue but one of culture, a culture that far too many blacks have embraced.
But, you know, it's racist to point that out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:16:55 PM »
And 50 years from now, many of our current progressive attitudes will be seen as hopelessly old-fashioned, out of touch and wrong.  Many cultural attitudes and norms are a moving target that move along with the times.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 02:26:53 PM »
And 50 years from now, many of our current progressive attitudes will be seen as hopelessly old-fashioned, out of touch and wrong.  Many cultural attitudes and norms are a moving target that move along with the times.

I do wish I could be around then, to watch the current SJWs cry about being called bigoted, racist, and whatever other terms the new generation of SJWs will call them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 03:01:31 PM »
I do wish I could be around then, to watch the current SJWs cry about being called bigoted, racist, and whatever other terms the new generation of SJWs will call them.

At the rate they're going you only need to hang on for another 18 months to see that.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 03:40:20 PM »
At the rate they're going you only need to hang on for another 18 months to see that.

Heh - true enough. I've been reading the Kurt Schlichter "Kelly Turnbull" series on a future America where the commie states broke off into the "People's Republic" and the protagonist works for the free states.

Back when I read the first book in the series, I was kinda like, "Man, this guy goes a little overboard with the diversity stuff the SJWs supposedly do." I recently finished the third book in the series, "Wlidfire", and danged if some recent real life SJW events didn't almost copy what I thought was "over the top" in his writing, not three months after that book was released.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 07:51:58 PM »
I've heard Wayme's statement before.  Anyone thinking it's racist must have a negative sign in front of his IQ. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 07:54:23 PM »
So, SJW's think John Wayne was a racist, sexist evil white man...

Let me find my shocked face... Oh, wait, that's right, I wore it out and the new one is back ordered on Amazon.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
I have to slow down when reading things as I read that as:

So, SJW's think John Wayne was a racist, sexist evil white man...

Let me find my shocked face... Oh, wait, that's right, I wore it out and the new one is back BLACK, ordered on Amazon.

Went WTF??? and read it again SLOWLY...  :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 10:56:49 PM »
John Wayne...

When I see my boys growing up.  This one hit me hard last year when I saw my son in his Navry ROTC uniform... (fuzzy monitor warning for fathers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ijvIkdPzA

When I feel like our country is slipping...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-oRFeb2P0

When I feel the need for some America greatness...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuteyiYN6js
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
I wish they'd pick a line propaganda and stick with it.  The last one was that Wayne was closeted homosexual.  Now he's an evil conservative?  Is consistency too much to ask for?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
I have to slow down when reading things as I read that as:

Went WTF??? and read it again SLOWLY...  :old:

It's Virginia, it is okay if our shocked faces are black.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »
I wish they'd pick a line propaganda and stick with it.  The last one was that Wayne was closeted homosexual.  Now he's an evil conservative?  Is consistency too much to ask for?
All someone needs to do is leak that he was 1/1024th Native American and all will be forgiven.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 06:50:58 PM »

Lived there for 5 years be being forced to "retire". I worked in Charlottesville and lived over Afton Mountain in Staunton as it was MUCH cheaper for housing despite the 100 miles a day we put on our vehicle!
 :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 07:59:08 PM »

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Pb

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 10:15:54 AM »
I read the whole interview.  It's pretty interesting.