Author Topic: For Amy  (Read 1235 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: For Amy
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 07:45:05 AM »
We have tarantulas at Lake of  the Ozarks. And some of the are "pets" in the machine shop.

We had several around our house in Arizona.  One male would visit me from time to time in my garage while I was reloading. 

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2023, 10:38:34 AM »
We had several around our house in Arizona.  One male would visit me from time to time in my garage while I was reloading.

If you feed it they'll keep pestering you.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2023, 10:39:44 AM »
Not spider related, just exploring any other twitches we can get out of Amy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgROaJY6Xnk

Euuu!  Dude!   Better a spider than that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2023, 10:53:37 AM »
About a week ago, I was in the reading room, nothing but slippers on my feet and my underpants down around my ankles. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a gimps of a shadow on the floor approaching me from the left. There it was. A scorpion about 2-1/2 inches long, claws to stinger. Yes, big enough to cast a shadow!

My feet being shackled by my skivvies, I had no way to stomp on it without launching myself off the throne. Since I was reading my "Guns" magazine, I realized I had a weapon in hand, I bent over and slammed it down on top of the scorpion and commenced to squishing it.

What a gooey mess! Cleanup wasn't pleasant, and it cost me a page out of the magazine.

Since then, I do check ANYTHING I wear prior to dawning it. I also scan the floors, room to room.

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2023, 10:58:03 AM »
I have 10 cats, anything that moves that's not one of the cats or myself gets quickly eliminated or at the very least brought to my attention if they're not sure about it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2023, 08:09:47 PM »
Not spider related, just exploring any other twitches we can get out of Amy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgROaJY6Xnk

Spiders are pretty much the only thing I won't willingly pick up and relocate. That said, that video makes me rather glad I'm not a Suriname sea toad.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe