Author Topic: US agents laundered drug money: report  (Read 2580 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
US agents laundered drug money: report
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/us-agents-laundered-drug-money-report-180012421.html

Citing unnamed current and former federal law enforcement officials, the newspaper said the agents, primarily with the Drug Enforcement Administration, have handled shipments of hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal cash across borders.

Here we go again, but I guess that illegal guns, money, and government just go together.
The agents, primarily DEA, deposited money in accounts designated by the traffickers to see where the money flows.

I can't wait until we find out how much money, and who approved this operation, as they try to explain it.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

MechAg94

• friend
Re: US agents laundered drug money: report
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
Why did they have to put the money in to trace it?  Couldn't they get the bank records history once they knew what the accounts were?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
I think it was Charles Krauthammer or Michelle Malkin who coined the phrase "gangster government" to describe Obama's administration, but this is getting to be ridiculous. They're selling guns to gangs and laundering money. How long before they're pulling the triggers?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »
I think it was Charles Krauthammer or Michelle Malkin who coined the phrase "gangster government" to describe Obama's administration, but this is getting to be ridiculous. They're selling guns to gangs and laundering money. How long before they're pulling the triggers?

Let us hope BHO's Boyz don;t take over the House of Representin'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFyUvlfZ8j0
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
Why did they have to put the money in to trace it?  Couldn't they get the bank records history once they knew what the accounts were?
No *expletive deleted*it!

Show me accounts owned by Americans where they have just thrown in money.
Last time I checked, monetary investigation is called a paper trail, not a deposit.
I wonder where the congressional oversight is on this...anywhere....anyone?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
It will be interesting to see how long the US laundered money and what kind of prosecutorial consequences resulted.

There would be no drug business if it wasn't for the active participation of "legitimate" banking.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »
No, no, no, this is just the communist way.  They want the Govt to take over all businesses so why stop at legitimate business only? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
It will be interesting to see how long the US laundered money and what kind of prosecutorial consequences resulted.

There would be no drug business if it wasn't for the active participation of "legitimate" banking.

+1

Folks, this goes back to John Jacob Astor.  It wasn't all beaver pelts that made those New York banks great.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
Sounds like typical feral govt business as usual to me.  [barf]
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 09:04:01 PM »
I was thinking that this sounds like a really bad Steven Segal movie or something.