Author Topic: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"  (Read 4657 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Unplanned LEO "school shooting"
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:52:19 AM »
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/05/02/teachers-shocked-frightened-after-school-holds-unplanned-shooting-drill/

:facepalm:

I'm just wondering, how would this have been spun if one of the teachers drew a sidearm and responded appropriately?  Probably with the media crucifying said teacher for the loss of life that would have resulted.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Who could possibly think staging a fake shooting without informing the participants is a good idea?

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:15:33 AM »
Didn't another school do something like this? ???

A teacher wouldn't of even needed a firearm for something like this. There are many possible weapons all over a classroom. Things could of gotten bad real quick.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:23:37 AM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:36:51 AM »
Hell, imagine the liability if someone badly injured themselves evading or went into cardiac arrest. Idiots.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 05:21:57 AM »
Smooth.

Just *expletive deleted*ing smooth move aholes.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »

A teacher wouldn't of even needed a firearm for something like this. There are many possible weapons all over a classroom. Things could have gotten bad real quick.

FTFY.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:45:07 AM »
If unarmed, I think the proper reaction, once you suspected the shots weren't real, would be to charge one of the "gunman" and just beat him mercilessly until somebody stopped you.  That might point out the stupidity of such a stunt.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:48 AM »
i am surprised at the teachers quoted.i expected more zomg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Re: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
i am surprised at the teachers quoted that were published.  i expected more zomg

How many teachers said things that couldn't be published or that didn't fit the authority-is-good narrative.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:25 PM »
This was not just standard stupid, this was pure extract of stupidity, refined and purified to 99.999 % pure.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
A teacher wouldn't of even needed a firearm for something like this. There are many possible weapons all over a classroom. Things could of gotten bad real quick.

Little danger of that. Remember this is a nation that consists largely of meek wusses. Only a small percentage has the mean gene and the will to survive...

This kind of "drill" BS happens every once in a while. Nothing ever comes of it.

I guess also no regard for the fact that A) Blanks can kill people at close range and B) hearing damage...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »
Can you imagine if someone in the room had the sense of mind to full-body-overhead-fling a chair at the intruders, and follow up with a charge and a beating?

A fella can dream, can't he?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »
While back my county wanted to do a no-notice "active shooter" drill

They decided to announce it after getting flooded with letters from folks like me telling them how stupid it was.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
Can you imagine if someone in the room had the sense of mind to full-body-overhead-fling a chair at the intruders, and follow up with a charge and a beating?

A fella can dream, can't he?

I wonder if that happened, if there would be charges filed against the person defending him/herself.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »
These people are going to get absolutely *expletive deleted*ed over by someone when they come across that ONE person whose fight-or-flight response is hardwired into "fight" mode.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
These people are going to get absolutely *expletive deleted*ed over by someone when they come across that ONE person whose fight-or-flight response is hardwired into "fight" mode.

yep.
  Nothing like getting a Dixon HB #2 shoved up to the lovely embossed lettering and snapped off in a guys eye socket to ruin a day. there are folks out there who are just plain dangerous to mess with.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
yep.
  Nothing like getting a Dixon HB #2 shoved up to the lovely embossed lettering and snapped off in a guys eye socket to ruin a day. there are folks out there who are just plain dangerous to mess with.

I know but the problem is generally though those people aren't teaching school.

Remember the teachers/school administrators are the crowd that wrings their hands and goes "violence isn't the answer" even as they are getting slaughtered by an active shooter.

Several times in class discussions about what to do about a school shooting I raised the point of "Fight back like a wolverine on crack and you have a much better chance of coming out alive" and everybody else, every. single. time. looked at me like I had three heads. Several times similar "drills" to this have happened over the past several years and not once has anybody reacted with force.

The drive to survive just isn't there for most people...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »
While back my county wanted to do a no-notice "active shooter" drill

They decided to announce it after getting flooded with letters from folks like me telling them how stupid it was.

How did you know to send them a letter if there was no notice  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
Because they announced that a drill was gonna take place but they kept the day and time and location secret
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
I vaguely remember reading that something just like that happened a number of years back when they had an unannounced "exercise" that involved someone coming in and taking some high school students "hostage" . . . at some point the ersatz  "bad guy" got clobbered by a student with a baseball bat or some other blunt object. Big stink ensued.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
I vaguely remember reading that something just like that happened a number of years back when they had an unannounced "exercise" that involved someone coming in and taking some high school students "hostage" . . . at some point the ersatz  "bad guy" got clobbered by a student with a baseball bat or some other blunt object. Big stink ensued.

1977?  prince georges county md?
there woulda been return fire   not blanks
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 01:42:37 AM »

The one I'm thinking of was a church. (But, IIRC, it was a Sunday school class that they pretended to kidnap.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:37 AM »
I've heard of exercises where they were practicing response or something like that.  But what was the goal here?  Anybody with two neurons to rub together can imagine the victims would be scared.  What could they possibly hope to learn by barging in and shooting people?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
Because they announced that a drill was gonna take place but they kept the day and time and location secret

That's even stupider than normal. They are essentially telling an entire community "There is going to be a shooter coming in sometime soon, but don't worry, it won't be real."

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »
That's even stupider than normal. They are essentially telling an entire community "There is going to be a shooter coming in sometime soon, but don't worry, it won't be real." 
Maybe in between their diversity and self esteem classes they never heard the tale about the boy who cried wolf . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain