Author Topic: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"  (Read 4659 times)

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Unplanned LEO "school shooting"
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 09:29:08 AM »
Maybe in between their diversity and self esteem classes they never heard the tale about the boy who cried wolf . . .

They still tell that tale, but the ending is happy.  Also I caught a retelling of "The Ant and the Grasshopper" where in the end the ant shared and everyone was happy. This was on "Sprout" tv.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
They still tell that tale, but the ending is happy.  Also I caught a retelling of "The Ant and the Grasshopper" where in the end the ant shared and everyone was happy. This was on "Sprout" tv.

>.<

I prefer the modern version of the Little Red Hen, where after she tells everyone no, the other animals get the government to force her to share her bread. She, of course, never makes bread again.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
The one I'm thinking of was a church. (But, IIRC, it was a Sunday school class that they pretended to kidnap.)

There was a staged kidnapping at a church youth group (I say staged rather than mock because they *did* kidnap the yoots), and a mock school shooting at... I think it was ETSU (East Tennessee State?) a couple of years ago.  I may still have a link on my other computer.

Of course no charges were filed; one of the kidnappers was a retired cop so that makes it OK :cuss:
"It's good, though..."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
Did anyone notice this part?

Quote from: The Article
“I’ll tell you, the whole situation was horrible,” Morgan Gover told the paper. “I got a couple in the front and a couple in the back.”

What the heck is she talking about? Was she actually struck by flying projectiles?  Wadding from blanks?  Simunitions?  Elsewhere in the article they mention "blanks" were used.  If the subjects of this demonstration were actually being struck by something, it seems that would be a massive liability, unless they were wearing protective equipment.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

JN01

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »
Too bad one of the teachers didn't have a Pop-tart.  He could have bitten it into the shape of a gun and saved them all.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »
Too bad one of the teachers didn't have a Pop-tart.  He could have bitten it into the shape of a gun and saved them all.

Win
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »
Can you imagine if someone in the room had the sense of mind to full-body-overhead-fling a chair at the intruders, and follow up with a charge and a beating?

Plenty of classrooms had signed baseball bats when I was in HS.  I'm pretty sure I could still hit a home run to the face of someone threatening my kids, and really take full advantage of the fact that a baseball bat never runs out of ammo.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »
There was a staged kidnapping at a church youth group (I say staged rather than mock because they *did* kidnap the yoots), and a mock school shooting at... I think it was ETSU (East Tennessee State?) a couple of years ago.  I may still have a link on my other computer.

Close, it was ECSU (N. Carolina) http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1978067/posts

While trying to find this, I found about a half a dozen similar incidents. including one in January of this year, (gee, what was still on everybody's mind in January?)
"It's good, though..."