Author Topic: Unlicensed supper clubs! Teh horrorz!  (Read 1061 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Unlicensed supper clubs! Teh horrorz!
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/11/cbs-2-investigation-underground-and-illegal-nyc-dinner-parties/

Premise:  For-profit (or at least for-hobby) dinner parties where strangers come to the host/chef's home.

I was appalled by this:

“That’s the things with supper clubs, they’re in a sense illegal just because they are underground no one knows about them. So if the Health Department did come they would obviously shut it down. So there’s always a little bit of worry,” Patlazhan said.

If the law doesn't know it exists... it ain't illegal.  Grow a pair and enjoy it, Patlazhan.  At least until the law knows about it.

I basically fell over laughing, at this:

But some critics have concerns about these unregulated dinner parties.

“It definitely falls into a gray area,” said Leon Lubarsky, owner of Letter Grade Consulting.

Lubarsky’s staff of retired New York City health inspectors advises restaurants on health regulations.

When asked if the underground restaurants should be regulated, Lubarsky told Leitner, “Yes, they should be regulated by the same system that regulates every restaurant in New York City.”

The retired government mercenary (who is now a critic) thinks the new paradigm should be subject to government mercenaries (and critics).  Go figure.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Unlicensed supper clubs! Teh horrorz!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37:05 PM »
Dog bites man,  welcome to the Volksrepublik of New York. 

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:42:23 PM »
hmmm... If  our gov't eventually goes full retard, will there be anywhere left in the world to run?
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Couldn't they get around the whole thing with some kind of signed waver?

"I understand that this is not a resterant and does not have the licenses and inspections required for health and consumer safety and wave the host of all responcibility if I get a bad case of salminalla and puke my guts up.
X"

?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:33:11 AM »
Couldn't they get around the whole thing with some kind of signed waver?

"I understand that this is not a resterant and does not have the licenses and inspections required for health and consumer safety and wave the host of all responcibility if I get a bad case of salminalla and puke my guts up.
X"

?

maybe, but that would ruin the whole fun exclusive feel of theses "dinner parties" I recall them from the late seventies, you could dine at Steve Null's apt for a hefty fee and eat his health food and listen to him in person instead of on his radio show. http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4215329.Steve_Null
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
Several years ago The Food Channel did a short series on such goings on in the Portland, OR region.  Bottom line was that if you turn it into a TV show documenting each and every step you not only get busted but get busted for conspiracy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:22:14 AM »
Several years ago The Food Channel did a short series on such goings on in the Portland, OR region.  Bottom line was that if you turn it into a TV show documenting each and every step you not only get busted but get busted for conspiracy.

stay safe.

Yep, essential gov't services.  Eeee-ssential.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton