Author Topic: Epistaxis  (Read 4318 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Epistaxis
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 09:40:02 PM »
Tampons and Maxi-Pads make good First Aid Kid essentials, as anybody in the military medic role will tell you.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »
It's the drugs, Gewehr98, the drugs.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.  =D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
So what's going to prevent future nosebleeds?

Did they cauterize or otherwise tie off the bleeders up there?
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
Don't know as yet what will be done.  A chemical cauterizing was done Thursday morning.  That failed, so the packing went in that evening.
They took the packing out this afternoon.  If it doesn't start bleeding again, then we're good.  The bleeding I thought was happening earlier today was just seepage of old blood from my sinuses down past the packing.
If it does start again, then things will get more serious.  Electrical cauterizing if they can find the bleeder, or tying things off if it comes to that.
I hope it's done.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 07:13:19 PM »
So far, so good.  A bit of a runny nose, but no gushes of the red stuff.  Some sneezing this afternoon that about knocked my socks loose.  A little residual pain in the sinus area that had the packing, but Tylenol is handling that well enough.
It's kind of scary when you find yourself choking on your own blood as it courses down your throat.  I don't want to experience that again.

Thank you very much for the well wishes, everyone.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »

Glad you're doing better, RM.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 11:04:04 PM »
I used to get a lot as a kid.  In retrospect, the likely cause was untreated allergies.

A few times, I had some rather LARGE blood clots that I had to snort or choke out.  I swear one was the size of a hen's egg.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 02:44:52 AM »
Had a random bout tonight just sitting on the back porch with a friend.  Thought I had a runny nose... until I looked down and saw the spots on the concrete.  It was fun freaking out his fiancee when we went back inside and I told her he'd punched me.  =D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams