Author Topic: Women's Underwear and Sand Angers Neighbors  (Read 10159 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Women's Underwear and Sand Angers Neighbors
« on: March 06, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
All praise Zambodia!

----------------------
http://www.wftv.com/news/22757057/detail.html

WFTV.com
Underwear, Mountain Of Sand Angers Neighbors

Posted: 5:27 pm EST March 5,2010Updated: 6:46 pm EST March 5,2010
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A home in Volusia County is sparking outrage Friday. A homeowner has strung up women's underwear and built mountains of sand in the back and neighbors are desperate for help.

The house is located near Daytona Beach Shores on Venetian Way (see map). It turns out the homeowner has done it before in other states.

The owner is a minor celebrity of sorts in other cities. The homeowner, Robert Hodges, calls himself “Prince Mongo.” His home has women’s underwear hanging outside on a clothesline.

On his website, Hodges claims to be from the planet Zambodia and is 333 years old. Hodges says he is here to save the world, but he's ruining his neighbor’s world.

"I am really, really angered by it at this point," neighbor Pam Lucas.

Hodges’s neighbors said they really don’t want to draw more attention to him for fear of what he'll do next.

Hodges didn't have a permit for his deck last year and Volusia County found out. That's when the Prince Mongo began painting his home bright colors, including witch illustrations directed toward a neighbor.

In late January, a mountain of sand was delivered and then the underwear started flying. Neighbors said the display grows almost weekly.

"When you consider this is your home, you would want something more stable and this would seem to be a very unsafe situation," Lucas said.

WFTV discovered it isn't Hodges’s first redecorating job. He's owned homes in Ft. Lauderdale and Memphis, Tennessee, where he's run for mayor with bizarre campaign platform speeches.

"I have a spaceship coming that’s going to carry 333 spirits, 333,000 spirits from earth," Hodges stated.

He has enough money to fight code violations in court, even going to jail and letting battles drag on for months. Hodges has at least seven violations on his Volusia County home, but has not had a code board hearing yet and the county said he may still have ample time before fines start to add up.

WFTV tried to find Hodges, but neighbors said he's gone for several days at a time.

Hodges may know what is against code and what is not. The underwear counts as a clothesline, which is not against code. Same with the paint, which the county doesn't have a rule for.

It isn't the first case WFTV covered where someone has trashed a home. In Seminole County, a man was convicted of felony littering for the mess he had in his yard. Alan Davis claimed it was art. He once even mocked authorities with a giant statue of a rear end in his front yard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Women's Underwear and Sand Angers Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:20:01 AM »
When you consider this is your home, you would want something more stable and this would seem to be a very unsafe situation," Lucas said.

i'm not sure what this person is refering to.  the underwear, the sand, or the mayor wanabee.

Hodges didn't have a permit for his deck last year and Volusia County found out. That's when the Prince Mongo began painting his home bright colors, including witch illustrations directed toward a neighbor.

so somebody didn't like his deck, and now he is pi$$ed?

WFTV tried to find Hodges, but neighbors said he's gone for several days at a time.

funny how they couldn't find him, but still quoted him.  wonder if they took it from a blog, or the neighbor?

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

crt360

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
I like the house painting.  "witch :("   :D
For entertainment purposes only.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 10:40:49 AM »
You all realize that this is El Tejon's nightmare, don't you?  And I bet that Prince Mongo doesn't floss, either.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
Towards the end of the time that we lived in a certain small town which shall remain nameless, I was greatly tempted to plant four large posts down on the corner "to keep drunks from driving across my yard."

Three of the posts would have been about the same height, while one of the middle ones would have been significantly taller  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:31:43 PM »
Sounds like a man customizing his home the way he wants it.
His neighbors need to stop being dicks.
Also, you need a permit to have a deck???
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
depending on the location and the deck you could need multiple permits
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »
It isn't the first case WFTV covered where someone has trashed a home. In Seminole County, a man was convicted of felony littering for the mess he had in his yard. Alan Davis claimed it was art.

Felony littering?

He once even mocked authorities with a giant statue of a rear end in his front yard.
Now that's just funny.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
The first time I read the thread title, I thought the story might be about a guy putting sand in the underwear of female neighbors.  :O

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
Watch the video here: http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12093924, then tell me how much you'd like that next door to you.   :facepalm:

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
I watched the video, and I definatly wouldn't want to live next to this guy.  It'd be annoying.  But that doesn't mean I want to start making laws about housepaint and sandboxes.  What if I annoy my neighbors?

PS,  I would however, spend a lot of time researching various exisiting codes, and making records of everything he did.  If that underwear blows off into my yard, or the sand gets blown into my car paint by the wind, we'd be in court.

PPS, did anybody notice that the newsguy said they couldn't find the prince, and yet they were still standing in his yard to film?  Tresspassing much?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
Tacky - absolutely.

Desirable neighbor? - not a chance.  Guy would probably leave me pining for the @ss with 9 dogs that moved in next door in Tucson.

But, not worth enacting a bunch of laws to stop.  Besides, so long as it really is not endangering anyone, I'd bet that if the neighbors just ignored him and gave him no attention that he'd eventually tire of the game and go elsewhere. 

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
Just another bunch of control freaks trying to enact laws against "things we don't like".
I call them Progressives.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
But, not worth enacting a bunch of laws to stop.  

I wholeheartedly agree.  Some things are just have to be met with social opprobrium and ad-hoc social sanctions.  Trying to deal with someone like this with the usual methods results in a spaghetti mess of laws & codes.

This calls for community vigilantism.  Torches, pitchforks, tar, feathers, whatever it takes.  If dude ends up injured or worse, no great loss.  Let his 333,000 spirits look after his well-being after his *expletive deleted*ss has been slathered in tar & feathers and wrapped in ladies undergarments.  Roughly, the non-military equivalent of a blanket party.

Hateful schmoes like this use the restraint, civilized behavior, and social niceties of others in order to foster chaos and get their rocks off.  He is social vermin doing to community & civilizational mores what welfare queens do to the work ethic.

Besides, so long as it really is not endangering anyone, I'd bet that if the neighbors just ignored him and gave him no attention that he'd eventually tire of the game and go elsewhere. 

Not likely.  Sounds like he has the means to make his displays a permanent fixture.

If this guy was doing this sort of thing in the middle of nowhere, nobody would care or mind.  He'd be amiably "eccentric" in the way that the dude who buries Cadillacs in the image of Stonehenge.  Really, what is a score of panties and a mound of sand in the middle of rural Iowa when there is a feed lot 1/4 mile farther down the road?

No, this guy deliberately flops down in the middle of a populated area and makes himself great big pain in the ass for everybody else who doesn't have a trust fund to finance their anti-social behavior.  He gets his rocks off making it impossible for others not so affluent as himself to sell their houses in a reasonable manner and pretty much just stinks up the place with his presence.

I doubt he even lives in any of those houses.

The low-cost equivalent is some vagrant low-life flopping down on the sidewalk in the middle of everyone's way, loosing their bowels & bladder, writhing about in it, and screaming, "What, don't you appreciate my art!"

I sure hope this guy ends up face down in a ditch somewhere.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
Yes indeed, let us visit violence upon someone enjoying his freedoms simply because we don't like what he's doing with his own things on his own property.

You do realize if you were to attempt what you are advocating he'd be morally and legally within his bounds to shoot you where you stood right?

If he's keeping his junk on his own property and not physically harming anyone let him be.
Look, tiny text!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »
Geez, jfruser. The guy's guilty of creating an eyesore, not the Zodiac murders.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »
Besides, so long as it really is not endangering anyone, I'd bet that if the neighbors just ignored him and gave him no attention that he'd eventually tire of the game and go elsewhere

How dare you have common sense?  I mean, for crying out loud, he's flying underwear in his own yard!   =|

This calls for community vigilantism.  Torches, pitchforks, tar, feathers, whatever it takes.  If dude ends up injured or worse, no great loss.  Let his 333,000 spirits look after his well-being after his *expletive deleted*ss has been slathered in tar & feathers and wrapped in ladies undergarments.  Roughly, the non-military equivalent of a blanket party.

Have you lost your mind?

Yes indeed, let us visit violence upon someone enjoying his freedoms simply because we don't like what he's doing with his own things on his own property.

You do realize if you were to attempt what you are advocating he'd be morally and legally within his bounds to shoot you where you stood right?

If he's keeping his junk on his own property and not physically harming anyone let him be.

Emphasis mine. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »
i wonder how he would respond to 25 foot privacy fences. [popcorn]

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »
The first time I read the thread title, I thought the story might be about a guy putting sand in the underwear of female neighbors.  :O

I immediately thought of the guy on 43rd and Coldspring down by us who painted his house two shades of purple and hung thousands of old CD's on fishing line from his trees because he was P.O.'ed at Greenfield over some zoning/building code issue. And he put some very ugly and strange addition on his house that conformed with code, but looked anything but "right".

IIRC, his place is up for sale now. You said you were moving "South" after all...  =D

Edit: Just saw your other thread.. http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=23360.0
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
This calls for community vigilantism.  Torches, pitchforks, tar, feathers, whatever it takes.  If dude ends up injured or worse, no great loss.  Let his 333,000 spirits look after his well-being after his *expletive deleted*ss has been slathered in tar & feathers and wrapped in ladies undergarments.  Roughly, the non-military equivalent of a blanket party.

So you call for lynching a man for having a weird display in his yard? Because that's what that is. A lynching.

You would risk causing a man to be "injured or worse" over the ladies' underwear?

Tell me, what would you do if you discovered  a pile of dudes coming up to you house with torches, pitchforks, and obvious ill intent? What would you do if these guys broke into your house with obvious violence in mind?

And if you tried to do such a thing to me, I'd do the same. And so would anybody else. And they'd be acquitted in any court in the civilized world.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »

No, this guy deliberately flops down in the middle of a populated area and makes himself great big pain in the ass for everybody else who doesn't have a trust fund to finance their anti-social behavior.  He gets his rocks off making it impossible for others not so affluent as himself to sell their houses in a reasonable manner and pretty much just stinks up the place with his presence.

C'mon, calm down! At least it is female underwear which is a sign that he at least is not gay  [popcorn]
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »
At least it is female underwear which is a sign that he at least is not gay

A cross-dresser, maybe, but apparently not gay. ;)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »
C'mon, calm down! At least it is female underwear which is a sign that he at least is not gay  [popcorn]

Could be his female underwear...   ;)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »

So if I accidentally bought gay men's underwear and wore that?  =|
I promise not to duck.

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
Nothing wrong with crossdressing unless he looks better than the female partner/yourself  :-*
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;