Author Topic: Women's Underwear and Sand Angers Neighbors  (Read 10160 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Women's Underwear and Sand Angers Neighbors
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
Nothing wrong with crossdressing unless he looks better than the female partner/yourself  :-*

Should I be afraid of what I'll find if I go browse Boris' Facebook photos?  =|
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:02 AM »
Should I be afraid of what I'll find if I go browse Boris' Facebook photos?  =|

Very.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:59 AM »
The guy is a bit eccentric. He does not seem to be doing anything illegal except for the no deck permit issue.

I would guess the neighbor did not help the situation any. Busy bodies like that usually make things worse.

I would not want to live next door to the guy, but its his house and he can do with it as he pleases.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 12:44:38 PM »
Can't say this guy would be my first choice for a neighbor, but he I'd take him in a heartbeat over the busybody who called the county over a deck being built in a neighbors backyard. From the small bit I read, seems like ol' Mongo was minding his own business until some jerk decided to butt in where he wasn't wanted. Sometimes, when you invade a persons privacy, they get irritated.

In my years as the local code enforcement officer, I've seen stuff like this happen time and again, and the Mongos of the world will always win, because they have nothing better to do than retaliate using the system. Better if everyone minds their own business. If someone isn't actively endangering you and yours, who cares what they do on their property? It isn't as though the fellow was storing garbage or having wild orgies in his backyard. HE was building a deck. The neighbor(s?) stirred the pot, and this is what he(they?) gets.

Be kind to your neighbors, folks. You never know who just might be a devious and vengeful nutjob with lots of money.
Hi.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »
So if I accidentally bought gay men's underwear and wore that?  =|
you buy used underwear? [tinfoil]

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
Also, you need a permit to have a deck???

In any jurisdiction that uses any version of the International Residential Code decks are covered by the code, so a building permit is required in order to built or alter a deck. In most places, you would need a zoning approval before you could even apply for the building permit.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
possibly a land disturbing permit. in the houses next to me you need some kinda papal dispensation since they are on a bluff over the river and they hada kiss extra booty to get permission to build. if you want power on the deck you pull electric.  once upon a time you could through bolt a ledger board to the house with 1/2 inch or better carriage bolts now we have to make em freestanding with posts next to the house in theory you need to dig down to undisturbed soil for those posts  on a house with a basement where there is backfill i've been down over 9 feet and still been in back fill.  well i usually use someone else to dig holes that deep but it sure looks like hard work to me! >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:43 PM »
In any jurisdiction that uses any version of the International Residential Code decks are covered by the code, so a building permit is required in order to built or alter a deck. In most places, you would need a zoning approval before you could even apply for the building permit.
A shame that you need permission from the gubmint to alter a home you own.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »
A shame that you need permission from the gubmint to alter a home you own.

They are just trying to protect us (and expand govt job programs) because we are two stoopid not to hook the 220 to the shower.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 05:54:24 AM »
They are just trying to protect us (and expand govt job programs) because we are two stoopid not to hook the 220 to the shower.

Isn't that a self-correcting problem?....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »
Isn't that a self-correcting problem?....  =D

Yeah, but what politician wants to see the people most likely to vote for him fry in the shower?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
its a drag when the person corrected is the kid of the next owner of the house
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »
Nice thing about living out here in the sticks is that we can build anything we want without asking permission from anybody.  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2010, 09:14:54 AM »
Nice thing about living out here in the sticks is that we can build anything we want without asking permission from anybody.  =)

i thought you were married with daughters? >:D [popcorn]

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »

i thought you were married with daughters? >:D [popcorn]

I said we  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 10:47:24 AM »
so what do the "we" tell you you are doing?

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
so what do the "we" tell you you are doing?
LOLOLOL
WAPISH
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »

CS&D has a valid point there, in the sense that there's probably a point to regulations based on health and safety issues. We may want to criticise them from a libertarian standpoint, but I think that the fact that we may need those doesn't in itself mean we need regulations based on an aesthethical basis.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 10:19:51 PM »

Pshaw.....no one promised life was safe.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.