Author Topic: Question about Bugs - Yeah, you heard right  (Read 6831 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Question about Bugs - Yeah, you heard right
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »
Okay, I gotta question:

If you go here, http://www.miniclip.com/toons.htm , and click to watch the cartoons, and then click to watch the Long-Haired Hare one, what song is Bugs playing right at the beginning when he's strumming on the banjo and before the opera singer breaks it up?

Can anyone answer that question for me? I'd like to know.

Okay, now you can cue the obligatory jokes about an eighteen-year-old watching Looney Toon cartoons. Cheesy

Edit: Spelling
Andy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »
Well, I can't ID the song that Bugs is playing at the start, sad to say.  But You'll get no flak from me about watching Bugs and Company at 18 years of age.  I just with that site had more of the classic, violent, non-PC cartoons.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »
Rainy Night In Rio from the movie The Time, The Place, and The Girl.

Don't ask.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14:59 PM »
Quote from: Sindawe
I just with that site had more of the classic, violent, non-PC cartoons.
Me too. I just ran across it today, and I remember watching literally dozens of those cartoons while I was smaller, but they only had a few there on that site.

Azrael, thanks for the answer. That was fast.
Andy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »
Are you kidding?

I'm 40 and I LOVE Bugs Bunny.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
Heh...  so was the relationship.

Cosine, here's some advice for you: Don't date musical theater majors unless you enjoy spending inordinate amounts of time watching truly awful musicals.  "Newsies" was pretty bad, but I got through it by imagining Christian Bale going Equilibrium on all the irritating little urchins.  After "Chicago," we didn't speak for two days.  "Rent" was the final straw.  She has all the soundtracks on CD in her car.  *shudder*  Those were dark days.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »
Well, now that I see the reaction to watching Bugs is a bit different than what I may have expected, I'll reveal that I actually was pretty excited to find that site. I really mean it. It's been several years since I've seen an actual funny cartoon; this was a pretty cool bit of hard to find entertainment.
Andy

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Azrael256
Heh...  so was the relationship.

Cosine, here's some advice for you: Don't date musical theater majors unless you enjoy spending inordinate amounts of time watching truly awful musicals.  "Newsies" was pretty bad, but I got through it by imagining Christian Bale going Equilibrium on all the irritating little urchins.  After "Chicago," we didn't speak for two days.  "Rent" was the final straw.  She has all the soundtracks on CD in her car.  *shudder*  Those were dark days.
*Advice scribbled away for future reference*

Okay, I'll remember that. Of all the musicals I've ever seen, either movies or theater, only about a half dozen of them were any good. I'll remember to avoid circumstances where I'll have to endure lots of entertainment which I really despise.
Andy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 08:31:14 PM »
If one has access to something like NetFlix, the Farscape episode "Revenging Angel" has a goodly measure of madcap, WB style animation chock full of hilarious violence and explosions.

"Lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!"

Worth checking out, even if the story makes no sense at all.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 09:02:09 PM »
You know, I'm watching more of the other cartoons, and they're funnier now than they were when I was little. Cheesy

cheesy
Andy

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 10:03:49 PM »
So Azrael...do ya...LIKE show tunes?

Just had to.  Sorry, bro.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 04:50:27 AM »
The Bugs Bunny cartoons I want to get my hands on are the WW II propaganda ones. Warner Brothers put out a video tape of them about 10-15 years ago and the outcry from the Japanese and Asian community was pretty intense, to the point where they were pulled. Lots of very nasty anti-Japanese stereotyping of the type that was perfectly common and acceptable during the depths of WW II.

There's one that I remember where Bugs is handing out "ice cream cones" (cones with live grenades on them) to Japanese soliders portrayed as bumbling children in oversized clothes...

"Here you go, four-eyes, here's one for you monkey face..."

If anyone knows where I can get the Warner Brothers WW II cartoons on DVD, let me know, please. Or even on tape.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 10:13:44 AM »
Mike,

You won't find that particular cartoon anymore. It hasn't been released in years. The name of it is "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips." I have it, along with others on laser disc.

I have a 4 disc set (Laser Disc) with Looney Tune cartoons from the mid 30's to the mid 40's. If I ever figure out how to do it, I would love to save them to DVD. Although, I do have 2 working LD players, so I still get to watch them.

Some day I will have to invest in a DVD recorder, or figure out how to get the computer to do it.

bob

Old Fud

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 10:19:12 AM »
My parents kept pushing me to adopt Popeye as my model, but Bugs always was and remains my one true hero.

When my children were growing up, it was Daddy's DUTY to supervise their Saturday Morning TV watching.

After 3 years, they pleaded with me to allow them to change the channel because they had seen every WB cartoon offered at least 8 times.   (Even I was getting saturated).    

So we --- errr --- compromised.  
Instead of Bugs, Foghorn, and Wiley, we started watching Wonder Woman, Isis Hour and the like.  (I'm not sure how come I can remember and "do" Dastardly Dan's Dog's Laugh, but - - - )

Now I have a grandaughter.    She loves to sing "Kill da Wabbit" with me.

Fud
Change is Bad!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »
Ok all you cartoonophiles, what was the name of quick draw McGraw's DOG? And it ain't Babalooie.

I've been watching a lot of Sponge Bob myself lately. Nothing like a little total insanity to set your head straight and of course, it is somewhat nautically related. I used to watch South Park a lot but not so much anymore.

As far as Bugs, the war ones I remember are one that ended with him smacking the noses of an assembly line of artillery shells one by one with a hammer and marking them each "Dud".

and then theres a couple where  he's screaming towards the ground in a plane only to stop within inches. One ends with him saying , "Air Brakes" and the other with ""Heh, outta gas!" (or something like that)

Yea, Popeye... I made my mother get and make me a can of spinach. That was when I learned how much I hated canned spinach. I couldn't understand how Popeye could stand the crap.

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 11:01:36 AM »
I think I learned more by watching Bugs Bunny and Schoolhouse Rock as a kid than I did from 1st through 12th grade in school.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »
Okay, another question:

What song is Bugs playing when he is plucking the harp before the opera singer slams the harp on Bugs' neck?
Andy

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »
"Ho! HaHa! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! THRUSSSSST! *Donk!!!!!*"

"Yoiks, and awaaaayyyyyyyyy.... "

"And w-w-w-what, prey tell, were you going to do with that anvil?"

"The SHROPSHIRE SLASHER!!"

"Pardon me whilst I adjust my accoutraments."

I have all the original TimeWarner VHS reissues. Years ago I went through and made .wav files of all the best stuff. If anyone wants them, I'll gladly share. There are 64 files files - all 8-bit mono - for a total of around two and a half meg.

You can buy the remastered Looney Tunes - digitally mastered from the best remaining elements and presented in the original theatrical presentation - in three four-disc sets. They are called to Loony Tunes Golden Collection. I have set one and two. They are great! Even better is all the behind-the-scenes materials that are included.

Unfortunately, the WWII-era material is still noticeably absent.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 06:48:01 PM »
Quote from: Brad Johnson
I have all the original TimeWarner VHS reissues. Years ago I went through and made .wav files of all the best stuff. If anyone wants them, I'll gladly share. There are 64 files files - all 8-bit mono - for a total of around two and a half meg.

Brad
Would you be able to e-mail me those files? astranmail-music(at)yahoo.com

If you are able to, thanks.
Andy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »
Bob,

If you ever can move those cartoons over to DVD, I'd be more than willing to pay you for your efforts.

I remember Nip the Nips airing on Saturday mornings in the 1970s.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »
Mike,

I can see a dvd recorder in my future. I will let you know when.

bob

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »
Would you be able to e-mail me those files?
Cosine, check your yahoo mail box...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 08:22:59 AM »
Thanks Brad!
Andy

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 12:04:33 PM »
Nuttin' could be finer than to be in Caroliner in the moooaaarnink!
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Question about Bugs - Yeah, you heard right
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »
Are you kidding?

I'm 40 and I LOVE Bugs Bunny.

Here you go, watch 'em online! http://looneytunes.warnerbros.com/web/toons/toons.jsp
Andy