Author Topic: I was kicked off Facebook for WrongThink  (Read 2088 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I was kicked off Facebook for WrongThink
« on: February 07, 2022, 10:41:51 PM »
Yup! "Alfred Mercer" on Facebook is no more. The 4 sales he had pending on the Facebook Marketplace, POOF!, gone. No real explanation given. I DID request a Review but I think we all know how THAT is going to go down.

Review requested
If we find that your posts or comments didn't follow our Community Standards, your account will remain disabled.
We're always looking out for the security of people on Facebook, so while your posts and comments are reviewed you can't use Facebook.

The message that popped up on the phone app said something about posting about "Self Harm" or "Physical Threats", none of which I have ever made to the best of my knowledge!

Fortunately, my Twin Brother, Al Mercer, has an account there so he can pass along anything to me as needed.

FFS :facepalm: :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: I was kicked off Facebook for WrongThink
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 10:47:03 PM »
Sorry that happened, I know that must be disruptive.

But maybe it's a blessing in disguise.  Since you're going through the disruption anyway, maybe this is a good time to rid yourself of that platform.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 11:37:08 PM »
They got me in the January of 21 purge... Over 10 years of photos, high school friends thought I had blocked them, etc., etc...

I gotta get another email addy to do another account. I tried once, and it was zapped within hours.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 06:59:41 AM »
I've not been eliminated... yet. But I'm serving out the last few days of my latest Zuckerjail sentence.

I'm going to download everything off my page (photos and all that) for when those aholes finally strip my account.

Seren is enjoying her account, however.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:17:47 AM »
The Fix is in.

Say, does twin brother Al have the nickname "Slowy?"

<nyuck-nyuck-nyuck><nasal snort, nasal snort>

I feel for Bogie, losing all that history.

The concept of Community Standards has become a tool of the tyrant.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:50:37 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 07:22:19 AM »
I just don't talk about serious topics on FB.  FB is not a place for real conversations, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 07:50:15 AM »
I know nothing about how friendface works, but how difficult would it be for them to lockout a banned person from posting or showing up in a search, but still allow them to access their account for "x" days to download their content? Or just provide a link for them that downloads everything as a single zip file? Just wiping everything out is a *expletive deleted*bag move.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »
^ "Just wiping everything out is a *expletive deleted*bag move."

*Expletive deleted*bag moves are comfortable SOP for the "awakened."  That's how they achieved their current ascendancy.

Bookburning has moved into the digital age.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 08:27:00 AM »
I just don't talk about serious topics on FB.  FB is not a place for real conversations, and shouldn't be treated as such.

I do, but I guess it's subtle enough not to trigger the wokies.  I need to up my game.

(I did get a demerit once, for advocating spaying or neutering elected officials.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 08:33:13 AM »

Yeah, this is what I do and it's really not hard. I have friends who constantly post edgy political memes, get locked and then get all pissy about it. I don't get the point. If you don't like how facebook operates then why use it?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 08:39:56 AM »
I know nothing about how friendface works, but how difficult would it be for them to lockout a banned person from posting or showing up in a search, but still allow them to access their account for "x" days to download their content? Or just provide a link for them that downloads everything as a single zip file? Just wiping everything out is a *expletive deleted*bag move.

As Boom said, they like being douches. Additionally, the locked out person has no "their" content on FB.  It's FB's content, and if they let you back in you might delete some of the product they are selling.  Why would they do that?

It bears repeating ad nauseum:  EVERYTHING on FB belongs to FB, and they are selling it.  That is their product.  You are providing them product for free, that they then sell for money.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 08:40:14 AM »
I've posted quite a bit of "controversial" commentary on Fecesbook.  Mostly just copied and pasted stuff with attribution.  My comments when posting that stuff is to say it's interesting commentary and worth some thought.  I've never been jailed or warned by Fecesbook.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 08:50:03 AM »

It bears repeating ad nauseum:  EVERYTHING on FB belongs to FB, and they are selling it.  That is their product.  You are providing them product for free, that they then sell for money.

Just like Photobucket.

If only fecesbook would follow in the unlamented footsteps of Photobucket. Photobucket still exists (somewhat to my surprise), but nobody I know still uses them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2022, 08:56:03 AM »
Just like Photobucket.

If only fecesbook would follow in the unlamented footsteps of Photobucket.

They got bough out and the new owners implemented a much saner pricing policy a while back.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2022, 11:21:53 AM »
I haven't lost anything as I save anything worth keeping offline or on my web server. The "Al" account has been purged of all posted pics and videos. If I could delete all the old posts on there, I would!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
Thing is, I looked at what other people had gotten zapped for, and mostly avoided that sort of thing... Somewhat... Hell, I think Mad Mike might even still have an account...

I pissed off one of the wokies (told him that I thought that his view of some people being more deserving than others was wrong, and that i thought that people should be judged by who they are, rather than what they are...), and I figure he went back through my account for a couple of days, reporting anything and everything that was edgy... They didn't tell me exactly, but from the hints when I bitched, I think it was for selling some muzzle brakes back around 2015...
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »
I don't post any pics that are unrecoverable on fecesbook and generally I'm actively trying to melt snowflakes and get facebook jail time. =D

I'm on a 90 day "restricted" status for posting too much  "fact checker said it was false" stuff.
Pretty much all the memes I share are right from facebook. Some of them are pretty funny. Meme about gluten intolerance, something about humans eating gluten for 10s of thousands of years and now suddenly everyone is gluten intolerant. No references, no finger pointing, got fact checked about glyphosate.
A couple of obvious satire about Biden/Harris and the vaccine and Fauxchi.
Makes me want to kick some trans factchecker beech right in the nuts.
 :rofl:

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2022, 03:21:57 PM »
I've posted some really controversial things on facebook over the years and I've never had a single warning. You guys must have some shitty friends in your friends lists that report things.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 06:02:33 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2022, 08:30:16 PM »
I've posted some really controversial things on facebook over the years and I've never had a single warning. You guys must have some shitty friends in your friends lists that report things.

Try doing it from the right or conservative side of an issue ya tree hugger  ;)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2022, 08:36:30 PM »
I just use MeWe as a alternative.  As does Oleg.....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2022, 08:58:07 PM »
The Quartering just got banned no reason given

Facebook Just Banned My MASSIVE Community For Zero Reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCxYHTP9pU
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2022, 10:07:49 PM »
Y'all know me, I meme my ass off, post quotes that irritate the left, post cute pet clips, spiritual things, and pretty much speak my mind. I TRIED to "dial it back" but I keep getting dings form almost a decade ago.

Only thing I will lose are memes I posted that I didn't save to my file served, no big deal. Any articles I thought I would need/like to later reference, I kept as well.

My massive friend list (500+) and list of Groups are the only real loss NOT counting those 4 FB Marketplace sales I had and was closing but am now locked out of!

:old:
MOLON LABE!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 12:53:37 AM »
  it's AI
 artificial intelligence cannot detect/understand humor or sarcasm - the AI is programmed by woke idiots.
 example, I got a seven day suspension for commenting on an article about a trans ( male to female weightlifter )
 I said "see, men are much better at being women than women are"
even the woke lesbian at work loved the joke.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 09:19:28 AM »
MeWe is too much of a crazy right echo chamber... Too many Trump worshipers, not enough "well, he did a good job, why didn't we keep him?" folks... People not thinking beyond "us vs. them."
Blog under construction