Author Topic: Mumbai Massacre Story  (Read 12354 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Mumbai Massacre Story
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
So did the Indian authorities milling about with ancient SMLE's and their thumbs up their curry scented...

Columbine meets North Hollywood.
In neither case did the shooters have very much training, and yet they were able to do alot of damage.

I know since then many places have adopted new rules for active shooters. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
Guerilla rule #1 - try to ambush and kill one of the SOBs any way you can and commandeer their weapon(s) to use against their comrades. Given the circumstances allow for that of course but my thought has always been use your light weapon to gain their heavier one and then go from there. I'd do my best to sneak right up behind one of them a put one right in the back of their head. That's the main plan anyways.  Provided I'm not too busy crapping myself of course. =|

=D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
Bit of a drift, but Indian security was able to crack the comms between the jihadis and their handlers in Pakistan.  Discovery Channel (iirc) had a 2-hr program that played the cellphone conversations.  In English.  Very chilling stuff.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 11:08:40 AM »
Guerilla rule #1 - try to ambush and kill one of the SOBs any way you can and commandeer their weapon(s) to use against their comrades. Given the circumstances allow for that of course but my thought has always been use your light weapon to gain their heavier one and then go from there. I'd do my best to sneak right up behind one of them a put one right in the back of their head. That's the main plan anyways.  Provided I'm not too busy crapping myself of course. =|

=D

Not something I'll worry about unless I have to fight my way through one of them to get to an exit. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
I don't know, I'd like to think if the opportunity presented itself I'd give taking a few of them out a go. Not the opportunity of an incident but the opportunity to get the drop on them should there be an incident. Of course, I have no idea what I would actually do until it's all right in my face.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
I don't know, I'd like to think if the opportunity presented itself I'd give taking a few of them out a go. Not the opportunity of an incident but the opportunity to get the drop on them should there be an incident. Of course, I have no idea what I would actually do until it's all right in my face.

I'm generally not in a crowded place such as a Mall without my family.  Not my scene until all the Malls put in a Hooters and Bass Pro Shops.
If I weren't trying to usher my children and wife to safety, the Marine and patriot in me would have a hard time not rushing to the sound of gunfire.  Or possibly I might just crap my pants and roll into a fat little ball.
JD

280plus

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Or possibly I might just crap my pants and roll into a fat little ball.
Right there with you. I'd like to do better than that but who knows?  ;)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »
I'm generally not in a crowded place such as a Mall without my family.  Not my scene until all the Malls put in a Hooters and Bass Pro Shops.
If I weren't trying to usher my children and wife to safety, the Marine and patriot in me would have a hard time not rushing to the sound of gunfire.  Or possibly I might just crap my pants and roll into a fat little ball.

Just remember: You're an American and a Marine. The terrorists are likely more scared of you than you are of them.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 06:33:49 PM »
I was outside a strip club while driving a cab in Reno, some gang bangers bumped fired
a cobray or something similar, I knew it was 9mm, I knew what they were doing, I saw it jam, but all I did was freeze. they could have got me if they wanted to.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
Just remember: You're an American and a Marine. The terrorists are likely more scared of you than you are of them.

That's the laught I needed for the day!  Awesome!

JD

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »
But, you're fighting someone equally competent as you are.
If YOU were to assault a large public facility like a mall, you would expect at least half a dozen concealed weapons holders and/or cops to be there, right?

So,

1) gets you burned.

2) gets you cornered if the service exits are blocked, or herded to the killing zones if you head to the main exits.

Sit down and REALLY THINK how you might take 10-20 guys and massacre a public attraction.
Now... how do you survive it?

It's like playing chess against yourself, but giving your "opponent you" a two move head start.

I'm looking at this from the perspective that I have to evacuate family members with me that I don't want exposed to hostile actions and that I'm going to try and minimize their risks as much as possible.
Hell, if it were me by myself, I might decide that I have nothing to lose and try and take on as many as I can.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »
As I am alone most of the time when out in public (malls, wallyworld etc) and the kids is all grown up I guess I don't think from the herd and protect family members aspect anymore. I come more from the, "How dare you effers come here and do this." pissed off kind of perspective. So while you guys herd I'll do what I can to hold them off for you.

I was in the back lot of a bar one time, two idiots got out of separate cars, drew airsofts and started shooting them at each other. In that split second before I realized they were toys my hand started reaching for my non toy one automatically. So I can say at least under that little endurance test, I did not freeze. or, maybe I froze but my gun hand didn't.  =)

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »
But, you're fighting someone equally competent as you are.
If YOU were to assault a large public facility like a mall, you would expect at least half a dozen concealed weapons holders and/or cops to be there, right?

I'm looking at this from the perspective that I have to evacuate family members with me that I don't want exposed to hostile actions and that I'm going to try and minimize their risks as much as possible.
Hell, if it were me by myself, I might decide that I have nothing to lose and try and take on as many as I can.

Which would drive me to try a location where permits are rare to non existant.  Not sure the average jihadi cares, they come from countries where people routinely carry AK47's. 
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
Which would drive me to try a location where permits are rare to non existant.  Not sure the average jihadi cares, they come from countries where people routinely carry AK47's. 

Not India  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:01 PM »
If you can shoot a pistol well, don't rule it out as a decent defensive or offensive weapon.  Of course, this is part of why I mostly carry full sized now, with two spare mags, especially when I'm in a location such as a mall or airport lobby.

The 1911 is favored by Marine Expeditionary Unit (special operations capable) boarding parties for a reason.  Practice with your handgun, preferably a mid to service sized model, and you might stand a chance if the need arises.

Nothing new for me. When I was in the Army the M1911A1 was still the issue handgun. Now that I carry in civilian life, I can't convince myself that there's any reason to adopt a different platform, when the 1911 does everything so well and is so easy to shoot.

I have made a couple of adjustments. My favorite size 1911 is a Combat Commander (a true 4-1/4" Commander, not a 4" Commander wannabe). And if I had a full bowl of Wheaties for breakfast, I have a double stack Para-Ordnance that I can carry if I think I might need more than 8 rounds before reloading.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »
I'm with JJ all the way on this.  My only addition to the conversation has to do with my companions.

If I'm the only one armed, then I get myself and my companions to a side exit.  Anyone who tries to shoot us on the way will get well-aimed return fire until my companions are out.  If I'm still alive, I get myself out.

If one of my companions is armed, then the above still holds true, although we'll leapfrog to the exit.

I happen to have the arguably beneficial advantage that myself and every one of my friends who carries was trained as an infantryman by either the Army or Marine Corps.  We all know the basics of engagement; to shoot, move, and communicate.  I can only hope that these modest skills save us and our loved ones.

I can't imagine myself sticking around to slug it out with the bad guys without a rifle of my own.  As has been mentioned, if enough of these incidents occur, we may find ourselves walking around with rifles slung over our shoulders, but even then everything depends on a critical assessment of the situation.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 04:40:50 PM »

Frankly, I would rather have a gunfight against a Palestinian armed with an AK-47 than an American with a 1911.

The Palestinian will raise the rifle over his head and press the trigger down until it stops firing. THe American will shoot me in the head.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »
If one of my companions is armed, then the above still holds true, although we'll leapfrog to the exit.

Cover and movement is one of the easiest things to teach someone, too, even on the fly.
JD

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »
Don't forget the plates and duck tape  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »

And the tactical wheelbarrow.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

280plus

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »
Check!
And the tactical wheelbarrow.
Check! Ready for action SIR!!

The only problem with my plan is the chances of you finding me in a mall are pretty slim.  ;)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
The only problem with my plan is the chances of you finding me in a mall are pretty slim.  ;)

In which case your plan is almost a complete sucess.  Just need to tweak those small lapses in judgement.

Have you ever said something along the lines of "But honeybunch, with the money we save shopping on line, you can buy more stuff."?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 05:44:05 AM »
No, she buys too much "stuff" already.   =|

=D