Author Topic: my phone is smarter than me  (Read 1011 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
my phone is smarter than me
« on: November 18, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
has a better memory too
do i need a big micro sdhc card?  or will a small one work for a guy who doesn't use most of the bells and whistles?  4? 8? 16? 32?  
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
Re: my phone is smarter than me
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 06:46:41 PM »
Memory's cheap.

8GB is probably more then you'l use, but it's pretty inexpensive (less then $20) and a good choice.  Better to have plenty of room then not enough.

Smartphone, or not?

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »
its a samsung flight. can do more than i can. i might check email  look up some work related stuff and track my kid.  maybe use the gps and weather
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 01:12:08 AM »
its a samsung flight. can do more than i can. i might check email  look up some work related stuff and track my kid.  maybe use the gps and weather

The memory card is only going to be used for storing photos and videos, and for transporting such to your computer
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 06:42:02 AM »
It's easy to underestimate the amount of memory you'll need. Here's another vote for an 8.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
Third vote for 8Gb card.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
thanks for the help  i hate buying one thing then having to go and buy another i equally hate overkill so you guys were a big help

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
Get a fast Micro SDHC card, too.  Class 4 or better.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.