Author Topic: Palin-Free Month  (Read 1209 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Palin-Free Month
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:53:15 AM »
Dana Milibank of the New York Times spouted off a line of gratuitous stupidity

Am I the only one that thinks this is a new (though non-effective) line of attack, trying to shift public attention away from Palin?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Palin-Free Month
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 08:02:31 AM »
 :laugh:

Am I the only one that thinks this is a new (though non-effective) line of attack, trying to shift public attention away from Palin?

I take it as a most amusing admission of Palin derangement syndrome.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »
I have written about her in 42 columns since Sen. John McCain picked her as his vice-presidential running mate in 2008. I've mentioned her in dozens more blog posts, Web chats, and TV and radio appearances. I feel powerless to control my obsession, even though it cheapens and demeans me.

The woman has a serious problem.

The leftist media has a serious problem, too. If they try to ignore her, Palin will be able to say whatever she wants through Fox, Twitter, talk radio and other outlets, and will go unchecked. Palin wins either way.

Palin's disapproval numbers went up after she made her "blood libel" speech, which the media is attributing to her use of the term. Actually it's probably the media repeating the "anti-semitic" mantra that drove up Palin's negatives, and she's probably learned from that.

As one columnist said yesterday, she's a contender for 2012, but she doesn't have to run in 2012. She has a very loyal base, a media presence that won't likely go away if she plays it right, and her youth will allow her to wait until 2016 or even 2020 if she wants. She can play the game just as Reagan did. All she has to do is acquire the command of the issues that Reagan had, which is not impossible.

Reagan, too, had high negatives going into the 1980 election cycle, made high primarily by the media's repetition of "Reagan is a dumb actor".

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
The first step is to admit you have a problem. I was sort of amused that she called on Keith Olbermann to stop mentioning Palin on his show.  That problem has already solved itself.   =D