Author Topic: Best free calendar app for windows  (Read 406 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Best free calendar app for windows
« on: January 23, 2021, 09:59:43 AM »
If it works and syncs with android that would be a bonus.

I'm looking for a non Google/Microsoft option. It doesn't need to be powerful, just functional and free  =)

Mozilla products are a non starter also.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Re: Best free calendar app for windows
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 10:05:46 AM »
Wait ... is Thunderbird not a Mozilla project but its own entity?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 10:07:18 AM »
Wait ... is Thunderbird not a Mozilla project but its own entity?

From Jan 28, 2020

As of today, the Thunderbird project will be operating from a new wholly owned subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation, MZLA Technologies Corporation. This move has been in the works for a while as Thunderbird has grown in donations, staff, and aspirations. This will not impact Thunderbird’s day-to-day activities or mission: Thunderbird will still remain free and open source, with the same release schedule and people driving the project.
https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/01/thunderbirds-new-home/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
I used it for years and it worked for me, sorry to hear they are part of the Evil Mozilla.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 10:03:06 PM »
http://www.efficientcalendar.com/

I've been using this one (the free version) for several years and I'm very satisfied. It can sync with Android devices, but I haven't explored that feature. I use it to keep my desktop computer, notebook, and Windoze tablet coordinated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design