Author Topic: Democrats' Disastrous Convention  (Read 2567 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Democrats' Disastrous Convention
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:39:13 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/dnc-convention-brutally-mocked-online-one-of-the-worst-things-thats-ever-been-on-television

Former Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson wrote: “I wanted to like it. I really did, I promise I did.”

Progressive David Pakman wrote: “Someone please talk me off the ledge. I want to win, and the first 22 minutes of this DNC…I’m scared. Can someone tell me how great this is or something?”

Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin tweeted: “The cheesy videos that used to be the space fillers in the convention have become the convention.”

Political commentator Mike Cernovich wrote: “DNC production values just aren’t what they were before Harvey Weinstein went to prison.”

And my favorite:
Washington Post editor Tanya Sichynsky wrote: “gretchen whitmer has such disaster movie president energy.”

:rofl: 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Democrats' Disastrous Convention
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 06:52:55 AM »
MSNBC's people seemed to like it. Tuned in this morning and they were looking all orgasmic...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:47 AM »
It's THEATER. The "progressive" caucus was told to claim they don't like it so the rest of the progressive Democrats can pretend they are moderate.

It's all for show.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
It's THEATER. The "progressive" caucus was told to claim they don't like it so the rest of the progressive Democrats can pretend they are moderate.

It's all for show.

Cthulhu only swims to the left

Lefty, even more left, let's compromise a little to the left

and so it goes

Cthulhu only swims to the left

This is how you get Whitman and Kasich as prominent "conservatives" and Drag Queen Story Hour in public facilities.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 10:28:23 AM »
Michele Obama was the big hit for talking about Trump putting kids in (Obama) cages.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 10:31:58 AM »
I heard Rush pointing out some commentary that many Sunday talk show types were shocked the Democrats didn't have talking heads out at all the talk shows last Sunday previewing the convention and what was to happen.  It was apparently a big change from previous election years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »
I heard Rush pointing out some commentary that many Sunday talk show types were shocked the Democrats didn't have talking heads out at all the talk shows last Sunday previewing the convention and what was to happen.  It was apparently a big change from previous election years.

A little Tin Foil voice is telling me they have an Oct surprise(s) prepared  [tinfoil]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 10:43:10 AM »
FWIW the Dems on my FB feed don't feel it was disastrous.  They are all aflutter this morning about the start of getting rid of trump, how amazing Michelle was, and how touching the prerecorded stories of normal people were.

YMM(of course)V

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:16:33 PM »
A little Tin Foil voice is telling me they have an Oct surprise(s) prepared  [tinfoil]
I am sure there will be lots of stuff flying around before election day.  It wouldn't surprise me if Trump has things planned to go public around that time also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
I am sure there will be lots of stuff flying around before election day.  It wouldn't surprise me if Trump has things planned to go public around that time also.

All Trump really needs to do is just play over and over what Harris said about Biden during the primary and pretty much anything Biden says.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »
All Trump really needs to do is just play over and over what Harris said about Biden during the primary and pretty much anything Biden says.
You might think that, but I wouldn't rely on it. 

All Trump really has to do is say MLK was a great man and Democrats will reflexively disagree with him. 

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/18/they-are-insane-highest-ranking-woman-elected-official-in-ny-demands-trump-rescind-his-susan-b-anthony-pardon/
‘Highest-ranking woman elected official in NY’ demands Trump rescind his Susan B. Anthony pardon

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 03:52:43 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/08/18/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-susan-b-anthony-is-canceled-and-its-all-trumps-fault/

Maybe Trump could talk about how he is looking forward to witnessing Women's Suffrage himself in November. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 04:12:29 PM »
All Trump really has to do is say MLK was a great man and Democrats will reflexively disagree with him. 

Maybe Trump should endorse Joe Biden  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »
Maybe Trump should endorse Joe Biden  :rofl:

Maybe Trump should pardon Joe Biden over the Ukraine bribery scandal.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »

:lol:  That would be very Trump.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 07:10:48 PM »
I just learned of the very dorky, cringey rendition of For What It's Worth (Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign).

Is there a gif that combines face-palm with gut-busting roll-on-the-floor laughter, but being totally at a loss at the same time, while refusing to accept that the phenomenon in front of you is actually taking place, and being terrified that it could be?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 07:12:29 PM »

Is it: The Ukraine bribery scandal, or: Ukraine bribery scandal?

Or maybe: The The Ukraine bribery scandal?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:40 PM »
A little Tin Foil voice is telling me they have an Oct surprise(s) prepared  Tinfoil Hat Smiley

I don't think people are susceptible to October surprises any more.  I think most of the electorate has already made up their minds and are skeptical of anything that comes up at the last minute.  We're already ON to the Liberal Media (tm) manipulations!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 09:01:50 PM »
I don't think people are susceptible to October surprises any more.  I think most of the electorate has already made up their minds and are skeptical of anything that comes up at the last minute.  We're already ON to the Liberal Media (tm) manipulations!

Doesn't stop them from trying
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 09:41:23 PM »
I like that their logo is D20.

DM: Roll for a charismatic hero to save your party.

DM: Joe Biden comes forth to battle.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 02:03:31 PM »
I like that their logo is D20.

DM: Roll for a charismatic hero to save your party.

DM: Joe Biden comes forth to battle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 04:52:26 PM »
So am I the only one that saw that guy doing the sign sign song?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 04:54:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/T95hggmLHLI?t=1056
Video of a lady explaining how Susan B. Anthony was a bigot. 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 05:44:22 PM »
I just learned of the very dorky, cringey rendition of For What It's Worth (Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign).

Those are two different songs, by two different bands.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)