Author Topic: Some thoughts about the election  (Read 8589 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Some thoughts about the election
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »
This will be remembered as the election where kids and chicks ruled.  Rent WILD IN THE STREETS for a dark laugh.

I'm old enough to not want the taxes I pay when I sell my house determined by shopaholic mall rats with little or no earned stake in America and zero understanding of economics, just consumption.  If this is a Republic, it's failed; what I see is mob rule disguised as hope and change.

This nation doesn't need reform; it needs a colonic.  And I suspect it will get one.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »
Basically America has 24 hours to decide if we really want to continue being America or become a social democracy like the failed states of Europe, who mostly survive on the largess of the USA

That is brilliant, sad pathetic true but brilliant.

We were heading that way anyway, the handbasket will just pick up speed with Obama and the Dems in total control.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
I find myself getting angrier and angrier at the Stupid Party.  Swept into leadership by the electorate in 1994 (imho as a backlash to Billy Jeff getting elected in '92), they then pissed away ALL their moral authority.  They've proven themselves unworthy to govern, regardless of any lip service they give to limited government and the Constitution.  If they had kept the faith, they'd have kept the reins.  But NOOOOOOOO....... they were just as besotted with power as the Evil Party ever was.  If it weren't for the Supreme Court vacancies, I'd call "A pox on both your houses!", and deal with the tax burden.  As it is, I shudder to think of the changes BHO will wreak on the judiciary.  George Will has captured the essence:
"The almost erotic pleasure of spending money that others have earned and saved is one reason people put up with the tiresome aspects of political life."
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »
McCain/Palin win.  It won't be close.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:02 AM »
Grampster, on what do you base that prediction?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:15 AM »
I have it on good authority that Grampster was writing headlines for the Chicago Tribune on Nov. 3, 1948.  =D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 02:35:19 PM »
Grampster, on what do you base that prediction?

Wildalaska.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw