Author Topic: Interesting article about Obama and money  (Read 1452 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Interesting article about Obama and money
« on: November 01, 2008, 01:09:09 AM »
This column describes money in a way I've never thought of before, and I'm certain that Obama has never thought of.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those more financially astute than I am.

The column is here.

Waitone

• friend
Re: Interesting article about Obama and money
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
I'll read it again after I get up.  His fingers left his hand about 1/2 way down first page.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

BMacklem

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »
That is scarily simple, and I really wish the welfare recipients could read that, and understand it.
I wonder if Obama has read anything like it?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:29:05 PM »
Unfortunately, the people who can grasp his argument are not the people likely to vote for Obama.

He's right but people who don't have but want anyway don't care.  We left the realm of adult economics some time ago.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »
Unfortunately, the people who can grasp his argument are not the people likely to vote for Obama.

He's right but people who don't have but want anyway don't care.  We left the realm of adult economics some time ago.

Obama voters are the people who would eat the stored seeds, then complain when there was nothing to plant next season.