Author Topic: Bezos buys Washington Post  (Read 1365 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Bezos buys Washington Post
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
Print media is dying (and good riddance) so I'm not sure it'll have much effect one way or the other.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
Only if he fires everyone and burns down the building.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »
80% of his political donations went to democrat candidate.  There is still a much needed place for print 'Journalism".  Whether or not Bezos cracks the code remains to be seen.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
I guess that I should know who Jeff Bezos is  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
I guess that I should know who Jeff Bezos is  ???
"Mr. Amazon Dot Com"
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Waitone

• friend
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:30:58 AM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »
It's rather sad that it is a self-inflicted death.

I do EVERYTHING online. I read the news on my computer, tablet, or smartphone. I watch most movies through Amazon or Netflix.

BUT, when I moved into this area, I almost subscribed to the local paper because I expected it would have far more local news than I can get online (and there is unlikely a need to get up to the minute news about local happenings.)

Then I remembered this paper is one that published all the state concealed carry permit holders names and addresses. Guess I'll just listen to local radio for local news.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought